Should Chocolate Milk be Banned in Public Schools?

• You should drink it

People will drink only chocolate milk because of the taste . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Sweg NO AIDS

Chokolate is bad. It give u AIDS. Like Majic Jonson. He dank choclate milk and died of AIDS. A poll says 100% of people with aids have drank chocolate milk before. The russians are trying to take over by giving everyone aids so that they die. Chocolate is aids. SWEG

• Is this really an issue?

My school had less then 10% of chunky children in the population all through my basic education. Not sure if that is good or bad. After the Obama administration to geared up, our portion sizes shrunk for whatever reason. We had a ton of veggies available with minimum calorie contributing things like meat, potato's, breadsticks etc...To summarize, the portions of anything that tasted good were cut in half, and replaced with healthy food. There were two chocolate milks. One was a cheap skim chocolate. The other you had to buy extra and it was DELICIOUS. Most of the tub guts did not get tubby off of chocolate milk, but simply had very sedentary lives. Some of them are really fit today now that they've changed a few things. I've gotta tell you though, school meals are not fattening where I come from. It's just impossible with the minimal portions we received. I felt like I was in prison, and brought bacon, meat sandwiches, fried quesadillas, and grilled hamburgers (real ones) just to taunt people with actual food. That was my rebel story haha. I got good at making/sourcing food during 4rth hour class.

• Is this really an issue?

• BOO Chocolate Milk!

Chocolate milk has LOTS of sugar.Schools can serve chocolate milk everyday for lunch, so all that sugar will add up.Chocolate milk should be banned in public schools. Is there anything more sugary than soda?Yes, chocolate milk by 20% more reported Coca-Cola. Jonathan Smith is the author of "Milk: More Harmful Than Healthful.”The first reason chocolate milk should be banned is because of the sugar intake.A carton of chocolate milk contains 30 grams of sugar when a mini can of Coca-Cola has about 25 grams of sugar with only 7.5 fluid ounces of soda.Jamie Oliver, a food lover and activist. He has a show named, “Food Revolution.” In an episode, Oliver loaded one school bus with 57 tons of white sand to represent how much sugar American children drink in one week because of chocolate milk. Ann Cooper works as the head of the nutrition services at the Boulder Valley School District in Louisville, Colorado also supports banning chocolate milk in schools. She said, “It works as a treat in homes, but it doesn’t belong in schools.”Eventually, public schools in Los Angeles, California banned chocolate milk.Obesity remains a problem in the United States, and growing.The growing rate of obesity is a problem and part of the cause is drinking chocolate milk.A reason that chocolate milk should be banned is because of health problems and conditions. Rip Esslyn is a firefighter, triathlete, and author of a dietary cookbook. He wrote that sugar isn’t just bad for you, but too much of it can also cause health problems such as diabetes. Chocolate milk also increases the number of calories from 100 to 140.That means that children will be have the exercise to pay it off more.Some children who drink chocolate milk might not want to burn off the calories.The extra calories will be stored into fat.Lastly, chocolate milk should be banned in schools is because of the quantities.Children could take more than a carton of milk a day and their parents wouldn’t know nor care.This increases the amount of sugar they consume a day and create even more calories for them.They won’t be able to burn off all that fat and an even bigger problem is created. If you’re full, how will you be able to burn off all those calories? In addition, getting more than one carton of milk a day makes children too full to eat anything else. On the Choose My Plate website, the daily recommendation for children age 9-18 is three cups. Children are expected to spread out their quantities of milk to in the morning, evening, and nighttime. When children drink more than three cups of chocolate milk, they are exceeding their limit of chocolate milk.Chocolate milk is a threat to children’s health and body. They don’t belong anywhere near schools because of the sugar content, health conditions, and quantities.Children all belong in a safe environment where they can grow and thrive, but chocolate milk distracts that exact purpose.School is a place that should not have chocolate milk.