Should Chocolate Milk be Banned in Public Schools?

• Have you thought chocolate milk was the greatest thing in the world?

Chocolate milk is full of sugar.All you see is sugar on that label.Sugar, Sugar ,Sugar.Also,chocolate milk has about a few more calories than Cheese-its .Chocolate milk is the worst thing in the entire world because I hate chocolate.Why is chocolate milk even something that was invented.All it is is chocolate in a bottle.

• Is chocolate milk really bad?

I don't think chocolate milk should be banned in school because it really isn't that bad. Chocolate milk has the same nutritional values as white milk but with just a little bit more sugar. Also in some schools they already took away chocolate milk and the kids barley drink the milk any more.

• Chocolate milk has 30 sugars per cartion

If you go to school than you will see 30 grams of sugars in chocolate milk. And there is high fructose corn syrup. But you can have debilities with the sugar and milk. And people will have a lot of SUGAR!!! Ana also its your choice if you want milk.

• Chocolate milk is good for kids

My little brother drinks chocolate milk and he dose not gain wait and he drinks a cup every other day and he goes to a public school and my mom works at his school as a teacher and she dose lunch duty to make sure he drinks white milk one day and chocolate milk the next if he wants

• Chocolate milk is good for kids

• Chocolate milk is unhealthy

Chocolate milk has 24 grams of sugar. That's a lot! A large amount of sugar can put kids at risk for diabetes and other illnesses later in life. Often kids consume other drinks with sugar. This additional sugar could put the child at risk for something bad while, or after s/he has that second glass. Also if a child already has diabetes and doesn’t know it, s/he can actually have a horrible incident from the additional sugar. Sugar has also been known to cause heart disease and cancer. If a child drinks a cup of chocolate milk every day, they will drink 168 grams of sugar a week which is 8736 grams of sugar a year.

• Chocolate milk is unhealthy

• Chocolate milk is unhealthy

• Chocolate milk is unhealthy

• Is this really an issue?

My school had less then 10% of chunky children in the population all through my basic education. Not sure if that is good or bad. After the Obama administration to geared up, our portion sizes shrunk for whatever reason. We had a ton of veggies available with minimum calorie contributing things like meat, potato's, breadsticks etc...To summarize, the portions of anything that tasted good were cut in half, and replaced with healthy food. There were two chocolate milks. One was a cheap skim chocolate. The other you had to buy extra and it was DELICIOUS. Most of the tub guts did not get tubby off of chocolate milk, but simply had very sedentary lives. Some of them are really fit today now that they've changed a few things. I've gotta tell you though, school meals are not fattening where I come from. It's just impossible with the minimal portions we received. I felt like I was in prison, and brought bacon, meat sandwiches, fried quesadillas, and grilled hamburgers (real ones) just to taunt people with actual food. That was my rebel story haha. I got good at making/sourcing food during 4rth hour class.

• Is this really an issue?

• BOO Chocolate Milk!

Chocolate milk has LOTS of sugar.Schools can serve chocolate milk everyday for lunch, so all that sugar will add up.Chocolate milk should be banned in public schools. Is there anything more sugary than soda?Yes, chocolate milk by 20% more reported Coca-Cola. Jonathan Smith is the author of "Milk: More Harmful Than Healthful.”The first reason chocolate milk should be banned is because of the sugar intake.A carton of chocolate milk contains 30 grams of sugar when a mini can of Coca-Cola has about 25 grams of sugar with only 7.5 fluid ounces of soda.Jamie Oliver, a food lover and activist. He has a show named, “Food Revolution.” In an episode, Oliver loaded one school bus with 57 tons of white sand to represent how much sugar American children drink in one week because of chocolate milk. Ann Cooper works as the head of the nutrition services at the Boulder Valley School District in Louisville, Colorado also supports banning chocolate milk in schools. She said, “It works as a treat in homes, but it doesn’t belong in schools.”Eventually, public schools in Los Angeles, California banned chocolate milk.Obesity remains a problem in the United States, and growing.The growing rate of obesity is a problem and part of the cause is drinking chocolate milk.A reason that chocolate milk should be banned is because of health problems and conditions. Rip Esslyn is a firefighter, triathlete, and author of a dietary cookbook. He wrote that sugar isn’t just bad for you, but too much of it can also cause health problems such as diabetes. Chocolate milk also increases the number of calories from 100 to 140.That means that children will be have the exercise to pay it off more.Some children who drink chocolate milk might not want to burn off the calories.The extra calories will be stored into fat.Lastly, chocolate milk should be banned in schools is because of the quantities.Children could take more than a carton of milk a day and their parents wouldn’t know nor care.This increases the amount of sugar they consume a day and create even more calories for them.They won’t be able to burn off all that fat and an even bigger problem is created. If you’re full, how will you be able to burn off all those calories? In addition, getting more than one carton of milk a day makes children too full to eat anything else. On the Choose My Plate website, the daily recommendation for children age 9-18 is three cups. Children are expected to spread out their quantities of milk to in the morning, evening, and nighttime. When children drink more than three cups of chocolate milk, they are exceeding their limit of chocolate milk.Chocolate milk is a threat to children’s health and body. They don’t belong anywhere near schools because of the sugar content, health conditions, and quantities.Children all belong in a safe environment where they can grow and thrive, but chocolate milk distracts that exact purpose.School is a place that should not have chocolate milk.

• Is chocolate milk really bad?

• Chocolate milk is good for kids

• Too much sugar!

First of all, chocolate milk is VERY unhealthy for people, even though people think it has the same things in it, it has extra sugar. Chocolate milk has about 24% more sugar than coke! Regular milk should stay at it is, my school cafeteria wants to ban chocolate milk and get strawberry milk instead of sugary chocolate milk. Don't you want to be healthy and strong with no health problems in your life? Then let's ban chocolate milk together. <3

• Chocolate milk should not be banned in schools

Vitamins are good so let me ask you if you want good vitamins that should be a yes so let me show you some things, For example, Chocolate milk has “Calcium and vitamin A and D potassium, phosphorous, protein, B12, riboflavin and niacin”, which I believe those are important vitamins
    Also “Chocolate milk and other flavored milk have the same 16 essential nutrition as white milk” so really you can’t say it has less essential ingredients because they “have the same 16”
    In addition “It gives 3 daily servings of dairy that kids need”, so I could get all my daily servings that I need in a cup of chocolate milk.SUGAR
    So you may be wondering how much sugar does it have well will tell you It has less sugar than other drinks which means you would be giving us chocolate milk instead of drinking Pepsi.
    For example in a sports drink there “are 14 grams total carbohydrates that means there is about 3 ½ added tsp which means that is added tsp of sugar added but if you drink a whole bottle that is 7 tsp of added sugar which is a lot” I mean I put ½ tsp of coffee creamer in my coffee so lets say I get biggy by right after a sports drink and I can’t have any more sugar ,
    Also in addition “there is 39 grams total of carbohydrates that equals about 9 teaspoons of added sugar so clearly sports drinks and soda is a bad choice for kids too many carbs and sugar chocolate milk though has 17 grams of sugar which are a safer choice “.
    Another reason is it has about “3 teaspoons of added sugar which is much lower than the amount of sugar that is added to cola or sports drinks” so which means I don’t have to drink a sports drink with that much sugar just grab a chocolate milk and be like “LESS SUGAR RRRRRRR”