• Allah Means God

Allah isn't actually a separate being, Allah is God in Arabic. If a Christian speaks Arabic and they are speaking in that tongue, they say Allah, because it is the same word. The only reason why we use Allah in our English language is to further ourselves from Islam because we are ignorant as a country and hateful as a country.

• What should we call Islamic God then?

I feel that it's not wrong to use the word "Allah"

From Wikipedia: Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤˈlˤɑːh] ( listen)) is the Arabic word for God.

It's a twist in language, Chinese call refer god as "Shen" 神. English refer as God. Dieu for french. What if Chinese/English became a universal language? Where no one converse/write in any language except this Chinese/English( Only one) and since the name as "god" is booked only for christian, how can we converse?

I listen to God
    I listen to "who cannot be named" ,

I believe in Jesus
    I believe in "Him/Her",

I believe Jesus is the child of God
    I believe "he" is the child of "him/his??"

that would seriously cause confusion.

What about when multiple deity is included? If Hindu and Chinese decide to ban people to use the name of their god? Hindu have more than thousand of different deity and Chinese (I believe) have more than 20. How are we able to converse with certainty that the deity that we are talking about is 'that' deity?

Are we going to replace the word "Allah"? If we do, what does we replace it as? Islamic God? Arabic God? He-who-cannot-be-named? It would be interesting if they really ban people using the word "Allah" and English people ban people using the world "God".

Then how are we going to talk together then? If you are supporting that Christians are not allowed to call their deity "Allah", then try to piece together a conversation in English without the word "Allah" and God. It's going to be comical.

• Why does it matter?

What is in a person's heart matters more than the words or language used to express the name or description of a deity. That fact that Muslims and Christians are referring to several different gods when they refer to the "one true god", makes not a whit of difference what they call it, as long as the person they are speaking top understands which they are referring to.

• “Allah”, “God”, Yahweh”, it’s all the same deity.

What difference does it make? All three Abrahamic faiths: Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all basically the same religion and they all share the same deity. That’s why it seems bizarre that Christians in Malaysia have been ordered by the courts to stop using the word “Allah”, which they use interchangeably with “God”, to refer to their deity.

• Allah is 'the god', not any god.

For Muslims Allah is THE god. The one and only god. But in Arabic to refer to another god, other than Allah, it is called 'aleha'. To refer to any other god as Allah is counted as an insult to Islam. Its basically like trying to refer to Jesus as Buddha in Hindi, its just unacceptable, socially and religion-wise.

• It all in the name

This is a simple thing the term Christian was given to the follwers of the way as an insult. It meant little Christ. To a Christian Jesus Christ is my God and my Lord. Jesus said that He and the Father are one. The followers of Islam who refer to God as Allah, do not believe Jesus is God. So it simply comes down to this is Jesus God or not. If he is than you cannot call Him Allah for those who follow Allah do not accept this to be true.

Ragnar says2013-10-15T17:36:32.863
It's one of the names found within the bible; I don't see the issue.