Should Christians be ridiculed for their faith?

Asked by: Chrystahist
  • Saying 'yes' solely based on 'no' response justifications

Some of you in the NO section make hypocritical conditions as exceptions to your reasoning. -"Except for satanists" because they 'impact negatively" or are 'cruel'? You can find hundreds of examples of such in Christianity. Jainist could say the same of Christians and others, but are they justified like you? (sacrifice vs murder/consume). -Only if 'taking it crazy extreme'? Ever heard of the Dark Ages, Manifest Destiny, church burning, God/Gold/Glory, cleric Pedophiles, Nazi non-intervention, Jew Burning? Just because Christians reference the New Testament and teachings of Jesus to detract & mask from the entire teachings of the bible doesn't mean that the faith/scripture in it's entity should be protected from 'ridiculed'. Thats like saying that just because the KKK or Nazi's haven't killed anyone lately that they shouldn't be ridiculed based on your own reasoning provided. I don't believe any human should be ridiculed solely based on their faith/ideology, ect, because the human race, as history (and present, as seen the right right, sadly) shows, people are very easily subject to completely irrational 'thinking' because taking the time to critically and fully think about one's own position, in conjunction with having the courage to question/oppose it, is simply too hard for the masses.

• Faith should always be ridiculed, no matter the particular religion.

The method of faith as an epistemology means belief in anything in the absence of evidence. If you accept faith as a means to knowledge, to the extent you act consistently with your religious beliefs you are acting on your emotions, not your reason. As a result, most religious people - Christians and Muslims in particular - are led by their irrational feelings and whims, and they act on them stupidly and blindly with smiles on their faces and prayers on their lips to the detriment or annoyance of everyone else. Acting on one's feelings and primitive beliefs should not be tolerated anymore; not only is it potentially dangerous to rational people who just want to live their lives happily and productively, it's also a very shameful waste of everyone's finite time and resources.

• Religion or "God" are responsable for many evil acts and the slowing of progress. ..

Religion and God believers should be Mocked, i think... Because of "god" and religións scientists were prosecuted and many burn alive! ! For speaking the truth. If god (roman emperor ) should had not created the church probably today we could have more medicines and less poverty itn the world. Believing in God is not only irrational but also dangerous and modern society should not be tolerant with primitive believes.

• Faith is ridiculous

What is ridiculous ought to be ridiculed.​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​​​​​​​​ ​ ​ ​

• They definitely should

Because it's ridiculous. ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

• No one should be ridiculed for their faith except for satanists

No one should be ridiculed for their faith. Your beliefs only impact your self and it's no one else's business. If your beliefs are impacting others in a negative way than you should be ridiculed. Hard core satanists that sacrifice animals and do weird rituals should be ridiculed but no one else.

• That is their belief and it should be respected.

Even though I am an atheist, and find most of the christian beliefs lack substantial scientific evidence and to be down right illogical, you still shouldn't ridicule or mock their belief/faith. No one should be ridiculed for their belief/faith. Also, they should not ridicule others if they have a disbelief in their belief.

• Why just why?

Ridiculing any religion goes against America's constitution and there definitely isn't any pros going for the act of bringing down any religious people. It just causes disagreements, fights, and soon havoc. It's a dumb way to break apart a country. Ridiculing is different than persecution but it's still wrong. Don't judge by beliefs.

• No unless they take it in a bad direction.

As an atheist, I often look on as other atheists fight with Christians tooth and nail claiming God isn't real. I try to respect people's beliefs, and I was raised as a Christian myself. I don't argue with Christians over their religion or try to disprove them or force them to believe God is not real unless they try to shove Christianity down my throat. In that case, I will begin pointing out every flaw in the Bible, but I would never ridicule someone for believing in Christianity. At most, I would walk them through my logic of being an atheist. Nobody should be ridiculed for their religion because it is most likely the way they were raised. Unless they personally ridicule other religions (which ironically seems to be the foundation for Christianity as a whole), they should not be ridiculed themselves.

• Respect all sides

I'm a Christian, and it seems that people seem to discredit me for my religion. Constantly I face people ridiculing and condemning Christianity for being "out of date" or "judgmental." I mean, that's okay if you think that, but people should bash Christians for what they believe in. It's hurtful...

• Of course not

No one should be ridiculed for their faith unless they are taking it to a crazy extreme, and corrupting it ie: Radical Islam, KKK, ect. This should receive ridicule. However, with a faith so beneficial to the world such as Christianity, It should certainly not be ridiculed. . . .

• What's it to you??

What stake do you have in what a Christian feels in their heart and has faith in? Does a person's private relationship with God have any bearing on your life, that you would need to actively ridicule one of the most important aspects a Christian holds dear to themselves? What are you trying to accomplish through ridicule, other than the debasement of another human being? Self-satisfaction? Ego/Pride? The believer's renunciation of faith? I don't see the overall objective in it. If faith in Christ isn't in your heart, I hesitate to wonder what is currently residing in its place.

• For Actions, Not Faith

Nobody's faith warrants them being ridiculed. If you think that the world was created by Oprah, with the sole purpose of suiting Tom Cruise's ego through alien worship, then that is your belief, and peace be with you. However, the actions that you take are completely worth ridicule. If the aforementioned belief system or any other compels you to actively offend others, then I have every right to ridicule you.

Vere_Mendacium says2014-07-01T05:42:59.070
I have already reported the duplicate posting. I don't know how it happened, or how it allowed me to let it happen, but it has been reported and the duplicate should be removed soon.