• I don't see why not

I'm aware that many Christians think "oh, it's a pagan holiday, it has evil origins, it's satanist," etc etc. It's not if you don't celebrate it that way! Who says you're evil if you let your kids dress up as their favorite character and grab some free candy? If Haloween really used to be a day to "celebrate evil," so what? That's not how it's celebrated anymore! It's turned into a good and fun thing now. I must say, as a Christian I am quite embarrassed by some of the negative responses here. I see no reason to prevent your children from having fun. You have to understand, they want to dress up and get tooth rotting candy, not worship satan!! Don't think the few people that use Haloween for evil make it evil for everybody!!

• For the Kids

Halloween and trick or treat was originally from Christians, and the devil and evil things can occur or attack any day not more on one day. As long as you are respecting the Lord what's wrong with it. Kids do it to have fun so what's wrong? You should use Halloween as a time to spread the word about the gospel

• Halloween, Not What it Used to Be

There is no harm in Christian children dressing up and going trick or treating. In fact, the word Hallowe'en, or All Hallows' Eve, was originally a Christian observance - the evening before All Hallows' or All Saints' Day. There are many schools of thought as to the origin of the actual holiday known today as Halloween. What may have begun as a time to honor evil is now simply a time for children to dress up, pretend they are a superhero, and collect a little candy or maybe bob for apples. In other words, the pagan holiday has "lost its horns."

• Yes, why not?

Even though I am not Christian, I do not understand what the problem is with an amusing holiday that is just for fun. Halloween is pretty harmless in particular. You can still believe what you need to believe for your religion and have fun dressing up, carving pumpkins, and giving out candy. In fact, it is a pretty pro-community, pro-family event, so I am surprised any Christians would object.

• Yes they should!

Halloween is not the "devil's birthday" or the holiday to celebrate the devil. Halloween was first called Hallow's Eve. In midevil times people dressed up as monsters and beats to scare off the evil spirits. IT IS NOT A DAY TO CELEBRATE EVIL! And what's wrong with celebrating the dead? Funerals should be a happy, peaceful process, should celebrate the dead life because now they are with God in Heaven.

• Let the kids have candy

I don't see why not. Christians celebrate every other holiday: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. Those have all been bastardized as well. What does a rabbit laying chicken eggs have to do with the resurrection? I have no idea. Holidays are what you make of them. Christians can celebrate Halloween and Jews can celebrate Christmas if they want. It's all about what it means to you. If Halloween is just a day that you let your kids dress-up and have fun, great. Let the kids have candy.

• Of Course, They Should!

Halloween has it's origins in an ancient Celtic festival. The spreading Catholic Church took advantage of this festival to actually spread Christianity in these lands. The Church celebrates All Souls Day, on November 1. All Hollow's Eve was a chance for merriment, before the more solemn day that followed. All Hollow's Eve (aka Halloween) incorporated festivities of the Celtic festival (Samhain). This attracted the individuals who celebrated & eventually brought them to Christianity and the church. Sneaky, but true.

I would wager that the well-known and respected religious leaders of our time all celebrated Halloween (when they were kids) ... Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Rick Warren, Franklin Graham, Joel Osteen, etc. Well, the history hasn't changed. It was known, when they were young. And obviously celebrating Halloween DIDN'T scar them for life, or detour them from their faith!

• Do you know where Halloween comes from?!

Sorry for the aggro title, but do you know where Halloween comes from? Christians celebrate it because it is the eve before All Saint's Day. All Saint's Day is also known as All Hallow's Day, which is where the beginning of Halloween comes from. Then, because it's the eve of All Hallow's Day, 'een' is added on. It is a Christian tradition to celebrate it, even if you're old and can't be bothered going around trick-or-treating. All Hallow's Day, is the day when people celebrate their relative's and friend's deaths. So why shouldn't we have Halloween? Halloween is also said to ward off evil spirits that roam the streets at night. I understand that this probably sounds crazy, but it is what we Christians believe, and as long as I'm Christian, I will believe in it.

• Yep surely do.

It is a pagan holiday that the church married into All Saints celebrations. So It is Pagan and Christian.
    All saints day honors the family ancestors, and in Spain and Italy the graves of family members are lit with candles. Spooky but beautiful.
    Pagans it is the end of harvest time. Lots of fun.

• Of Course! It's Fun!

Halloween is made to have fun and get scared. It doesn't have any religious undertones anymore. Halloween isn't evil or of the devil. It's a fun holiday where you get to pretend to be something you aren't and collect a bunch of candy. I see it as a right of passage for kids.

• No, no, no, and no.

For starters, to be a liberal Christian, you are an atheist. Second, halloween is a pagan holiday filled with satanic/ wiccan rituals. Many people don't even know the story of the Jack-O-Lantern. Only if people would read because if even I told you, there'd be some other excuse for this rebellious act to G-d.

• NO! More candy for the rest of us!

Christians should NOT celebrate Halloween. They should keep the haunted house lines clear for people who aren't too uptight to have fun! If Christians want a reason to eat unhealthy food and celebrate, they should create their own holiday. It could be called "Christoween" or "Christday" or something. Maybe instead of ragging on other peoples fun all the time they should bring something to the table.

• No, Halloween is a demonic holiday.

Ghosts, witches and demons are common Halloween themes, and are not ideals that a Christian should promote or celebrate. However, I don't see anything wrong with allowing children to dress up in non-threatening characters and collect candy. This is a fun part of Halloween that kids look forward to, so alternatives to Halloween, such as wholesome parties were candy is given out is appropriate.

• I don't think they should.

I really don't see why a Christian would choose to, not even for kids. We are there to teach them right, not the ways of the world. Why are you parents so poor leaders, but instead followers? I don't understand the position of excuse making when it comes to pagan customs or desires. Either you like it, or you don't. JMO. I see it as a very disgusting holiday. I do not appreciate seeing the poor little girls ages 7-11 dressed like prostitutes on Halloween either, courtesy of their mothers, courtesy of this very degraded society. If you care enough, you'd research it & learn why faithful Christians really shouldn't participate in sinful holidays. Let's not just follow the whole world, (or country) "because we can."

• No, Christians Should Not Celebrate Halloween

Christians should not celebrate Halloween in its traditional Celtic sense as a festival of the dead. Instead, Christians should have an alternative way to make their kids feel that they are not left out on all of the fun. They should make All Hallow's Eve a night to honor the goodness of Christ and have a celebration of sorts around that theme.

• It's irrelevant .

I dont think a christian should celebrate Halloween, I think A PERSON CAN CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN, its irrelevant what religion they are as it is a holiday that was based around religion, it is now based around WESTERN culture. If you can't accept that and still want to live in the dark ages where the meaning for Halloween was different, go and join the Amish.

• Halloween does not glorify God

As Christians we come into agreement with anything we allow into our lives. Although you may personally not dress up like a ghost or goblin the holiday itself glorifies death, ghosts and introduces fear into our lives. In addition, Halloween is considered by Wiccans & witches to be one of the most important holidays, one that celebrates evil.

• Halloween is marketing

Halloween is a time for people to waste their money that they have worked hard for on sweets and costumes. That sounds like a bad reason but its true it also could lead on to killers or kidnappers. Its the one time people get to dress around like dead people in a mask killing someone

• Hell noo!! Please dont

Halloween is not the devils day, however there is a group of people that practice "Black Magic". Who are satanic and worship the devil, throughout the month of October they prepare for the night of halloween and on halloween they kill people and animals, to offer them to the devil. http://www.theopenscroll.com/hosting/SatanicCalendar.htm
    There is satanic calendar.
    DONT BELIEVE ME WELL THEN REASERCH YOUR SELF "SATANIC HOLIDAYS"

god bless you all

• Look around: witches, ghosts, death, skeletons, darkness, fear. Why would I or my children participate in any sort of holiday or celebration around such things?

Ephesians 5:8-11 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
    John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
    2 Corinthians 6:14 ...What fellowship can light have with darkness?
    1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons.
    Amos 3:3 Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?