• Doesn't matter, so sure.

In the hypothetical statement that there is a God, it doesn't matter because 'God' apparently is not any kind of biological being, and that transcends all known science of space and time. Therefore, it isn't "he" so much as "it". And it doesn't exist. Pointless argument is pointless. But if you believe then I guess imagine it as whatever you like

• If we are not allowed to picture god, than how is it a "he"?

I have always found it confusing how Christians can call god "he" when the bible clearly states that one is not allowed to picture god. This seems highly hypocritical and the only reason that god is considered a man is because men were (and often still are) considered more dominant than women when the bible was created.

• Yes, Giving God a Gender Descriptor is Ludicrously Absurd, Since A Monotheistic God Has No Use For Genitalia:

Such a being could not possibly have Gender, No Goddesses to procreate with. Genitals would be absurd.
    If God had genitalia, that means there has to be other Gods and Goddesses, thus Polytheism would be more correct than Monotheism and we likely scored the bad, Narcissistic Megalomaniac and other Universes scored a better God/Goddess.
    No, Giving a Monotheistic God a Gender position is completely and utterly ludicrous. God would have to be an IT, not a HIM, nor HER, otherwise there would have to be THEM.

• No, only a male is capable of such an ego.

It was written by men (I think if not most, then) and it was written in a time when men were mostly dominant. Women's usefulness back then were mostly for creating a family and raising the family. In fact when a girl was born, not always but many times, the daughter was killed after the birth, not out of evilness but out of sheer survival of the family, as women were not known to be much more than mouths to feed and having a boy was mostly desired as he can continue to carry the family name and work for the good of the family. I get this from the story of Iphis and Ianthe which was a story of a father who threatened to kill his baby if it was born female.

• No, Yahweh is shown to be male

In Scripture, the biblical God Yahweh has always been referred to as male. It would be idolatrous to suggest otherwise. You can't simply 'make up' your own personal god that fits your views and agrees with you on every issue. That's unrealistic.

Isaiah 45:5-7
    "I am the LORD, and there is no other;
    There is no God besides Me.
    I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
    That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
    That there is none besides Me.
    I am the LORD, and there is no other;
    I form the light and create darkness,
    I make peace and create calamity;
    I, the LORD, do all these things.’

• No, they are demonstrating their right as religious freedom.

Christians should be allowed to refer to God as He, because it is not harmful to other religions. Christians, to my knowledge, don't complain at Muslims for calling God "Allah." However, everyone should be allowed to call God, or any God, what they want, so therefore Muslims could call this God "Allah," and Christians may refer to him as "The Man Upstairs," "He," "Our Father," and some could refer to him as the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Yes, there is a religion that believes that a God is a Monster composed of Spaghetti that ALSO happens to fly. Look it up.

• Should we stop referring to the earth as mother earth?

It is a saying people use I know it is a bit of a problem with some people who wish for women to be empowered or something like that but it honestly doesn't matter enough to give it a change and as far as I am concerned the bible itself represents the core Christian belief system if god is depicted as a dude then god is a dude. You of course can call god a girl in your own head but that is your choice the idea of changing which gender role god supposedly has is a task not worth completing for what it is worth.

• An Atheist's Opinion.

I do not think it really matters; however, God is referred to as the father of Jesus. God is constantly referred to as "He." The portrayal of God in mainstream media is always as a man. You cannot decide to change this because even if it offends women or puts them in a subordinate position in religious context. It is what it is.

• Jesus called God Father

I think one of the main reasons that God is referred to as male by Christians is because Jesus repeatedly called God father, and also in the Lord's Prayer (those of you who don't know this is the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray) It begins with Our Father, who art in heaven... Anyways, it is heavily implied, if not outright stated, that God is male, or at least what we would think of as male.

• Why would we?

The Bible clearly describes God as a male God many times throughout. Not in a sexual sense but in a gender-role sense, and describes Jesus as his Son. God created Adam in his own likeness, and Eve was created from Adam. The Bible has gender roles established for male and female, with male taking a dominant role but in partnership and harmony with female. It is not about equality, it is about harmony. This may be offensive to many people, but it is the truth and it would not be remotely the first thing about God that offends people.

• God has revealed himself as male.

God is actually outside of gender, neither pronoun really applies. But in the Bible, God has revealed that he is our father and has other male characteristics. I don't think it is sexist or bad to call him "he" it is just the way it is. In fact, God has shown special tenderness and value towards women, so it's not like he's prejudiced against females or something.

• Unless the general doctrine makes it official God has no gender, I see no reason not to.

Now, this is entirely dependent on your individual Christian. Some regard God as a being without parts or passions and therefore genderless (or perhaps encompassing both genders). Others have tradition leading to the comfort of a male gender. Others do believe God is indeed male. I see no reason to force a change of pronoun.

Jikpamu says2014-07-13T20:03:59.970
No:
Genesis 1:27 (New American Standard Bible (1995 Update))
Ge 1:27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
1 Corinthians 11:7 (New American Standard Bible (1995 Update))
1Co 11:7 For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.