• Not saying anyone should cuss.

However, no supernatural deity designated certain words as not allowed. The bible does state to not use the lord's name in vain, which could be argued as to exactly what that means, and does speak about being kind in your words. It doesn't say anything though about what words I can or can't use when I stub my toe. Words themselves are neutral, neither good nor bad, they merely describe what something is, how someone feels , etc. So the intent of the word seems to me to be more significant. Meaning harm to someone is one thing, cussing at the coffee table is something else.

• Why should religion matter?

No one "should" use cuss words, this is why I strongly disagree with this question. I voted yes simply because regardless of your religion not cussing is just common courtesy. I feel it is ridicules to put Christians on this high pedestal, because they are no better than the rest of us. If this question was should people use cuss words then I would have voted no.

• Ephesians 4:29 says no

"Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen." Cursing is wrong especially if you are a Christian. It should instead be "gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." Colossians 4:6

• No, they should not.

Christians should not use cuss words, but then again no one really should. I do not believe that someone should refrain how they speak strictly because of their religion. They should speak well and try to express themselves other ways simply because it does not offend those around them then.

• No one should really use cuss words.

Whether you are Christian or not, it is not very nice to use cuss words. A lot of people do use cuss words, however, and some of them use cuss words in satirical or non-violent situations. But, using cuss words sometimes shows a low amount of intelligence and it just isn't a great thing to do. Overall, people, whether they are Christian or not shouldn't use cuss words.

• Cursing is wrong, Christian or not.

It is not a religious matter rather than a moral and ethical one. However, if you read the Bible, there are so many curse words in them. Another thing that crosses my mind. Different countries have cuss world. In England they say "bloody hell." That is a pretty bad one, but not here in the states. Some of the cuss words are more of a slang. We still should refrain from using foul language.

• No we shouldn't.

It is bad enough that people already think and say the worst about Christians, why should we do things that would cause more of these things? Although, it is not direct in the Bible about not using cuss words, it does say that we are to avoid foolish speech.. So if were walking around cursing and all that this is a very BAD WITNESS to an non-Christian. Consider what we stand for. I truly do not believe that God uses such vain absurdly words as curse words.

TheBunnyAssassin says2013-08-11T01:48:37.040
No offense, but I believe most Christians are not deep in their faith. Children and teens and adult Christians cuss every day! You call that "deep faith"? No offense, but there are too many Christians, this creating many disloyal ones.
I am not Christian.