• Yes I agree

Absolutely Chubby Checker should ve voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There was no one like him and he plays an important part in the history and influence of pop music. Every musical generation influences the next and it is important to honor those that came before us.

• Chubby Checker was an icon of his time

Chubby Checker was a big star in his day. He helped to make the twist a dance sensation. All the young kids were dancing so exuberantly to his song that for a moment the nation forgot about its racial divide. It was before my time and even I know the song the twist. He should definitely be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for helping to transcend race lines and being innovative. The craze was so huge you had everyone dancing and integrated by his music, even if it was for a short time.

• I don't really care.

I don't think he qualifies, but if people like him than I guess it wouldn't matter. However, it took Rush 20 years to be voted in, and they are much more qualified then he was. Who knows what these people are thinking. They should just make it democratic and let the listeners vote.

• Too many inclusions

The mandatory five inclusions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame every year have cheapened the significance of inclusion. Chubby Checker is a fine musician, but I'm of the stance that members of the Hall should be monumentally significant rather than somewhat notable. If I had my way, they'd change the name of the Hall to the Popular Music Hall of Fame, so they can reasonably include hip-hop artists, many of whom are far more worthy than some of the acts being inducted.