Should citizens be able to "opt-out" of jury duty?

• I hate it

It's boringggg ggg g g g g g gg g g g g g g g ggggggggggggggg g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggfgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

• I hate it

• Until Demands Ease

It would be a great world in which all businesses had respect for the ways that diverse juries aid the judicial process, but let's be honest - most businesses don't care. Of course, they're legally obligated to allow you to go, but meetings and projects and business trips aren't obligated to reschedule themselves. Many people's lives are simply too busy to take an undisclosed amount of time off of work or school, and thus the option to opt-out is an unfortunate necessity.

• Citizens should be able to "opt-out" of jury duty.

Citizens should be able to "opt-out" of jury duty. Many people believe that if we allow a choice then no one would likely do jury duty. However, when you practically force someone to do something then they are not going to be helpful anyways. I think that it should be a choice

• It's your duty.

No, citizens should not be able to opt-out of jury duty, because they should be able to do their simple duty to serve on a jury. Our country doesn't ask much of its citizens. We don't have a draft. The least people can do is serve on a jury once or twice in their adult lives.

• Citizens should not be able to "opt-out" of jury duty.

Citizens should not be able to "opt-out" of jury duty. Jury duty is the legal obligation of all people. Many people do not like jury duty to begin with so if there was a way to "opt-out", it would be difficult for courts to provide a jury for putting someone on trial.

• No, citizens should not be able to opt out of jury duty.

I do not believe that people should be able to opt-out of jury duty. I think that jury duty is something that every American should take seriously and with great pride. I think that if people cannot be a part of a jury for legitmate reasons, then that should be the only reason they can opt out.