Should citizens legally be allowed to hide information from the government?

• In some cases, yes.

Sometimes you should be able to legally hide information from the government. For example, if you have two jobs, one is off the books, and the other is on the books, you should not have to report your under the table job. You are already paying taxes, so that should be enough.

• Yes we should

Yes, there is some stuff that we should not have to tell the government, unless for some reason it becomes a threat to a persons life, then they should be able to be forced to tell. I think that it would be good if there was a lot the governmetn did not know.

• Some things are not business of the government

I do not believe that government needs to know everything that is going with everyone; we are the land of the free. This statement is becoming really scarce in this country. The government has or wants to have their hand in everything having to do with everyone. The government should only be given or allowed to gather information for the safety of the nation, not just for good measure.

• Yes, they should.

A government does not need to know all the information on it's citizens. It's harmful to the privacy of it's citizens if they are to have access to all information on a person. Most people would not be willing to give up their privacy which this country tried to keep for so long.

• Yes, citizens should legally be allowed to hide info from the government.

I think that citizens should be allowed to hide information from the government. I do not think that every bit of information should be something that the government has to know. As long as a citizen is not with holding information that is related to a crime, etc. than it should be legal.