• Kljknkn jn jnvj njvn jnjnjn

B b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b

• Kljknkn jn jnvj njvn jnjnjn

• Kljknkn jn jnvj njvn jnjnjn

• Yes Yes Yes

School hours need to be shortened in order to give children back their time, freedom, and sleep. We can only sit in a chair for so long being forced to quietly do our work for so long, and eight hours is pushing the limit. School is extremely vital to one’s success in life and general knowledge, in moderation. Fewer hours in school would allow us to get enough time to study, complete school assignments, participate in after-school activities and be able to get to bed by a decent hour. The school day is primarily seven hours long. Most of us have a wide range of after-school activities. Some participate in clubs while other have jobs or are on sports teams. Some participate in more than one after-school activity. By the time we are finished with the school day and our activities, there isn’t much time for us to complete homework assignments. Let kids be kids, not full-time scholars.
    After much research from debate.Org, dpsk12.Org, and numerous articles from newspapers and opinions from students like me, as well as my own school experiences, all signs point towards less hours in the school day in order to accomplish a happy childhood. Studies have also show that we need ten hours of sleep in order to maintain a healthy rate. Thomas Edison, Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, and Princess Diana all didn’t have much schooling and look at them now. Having less school is having more freedom, so be the first to get yours. If you want more school, your alone. Join everyone else and a take action to decrease school hours. Write the US Education Board. Sign a petition. Get the sleep and time you need.

• Yes, class length should be shortened in school to focus better on the fundamentals.

Schools need to better focus on things that are practical for life. A lot of time is wasted on required courses instructing on things that would apply little to the average student later in their life. Sadly, an example of this is study of famous literature. While understanding of language is very important, knowing the ins and outs of certain literature are barely of any use to most students. Taking out what is frivolous, class time can be shortened.

• It should be longer.

I believe classes are too short. All my teachers were cramming the information into the hour rather the explaining the significance of anything. Most of what I learned from the class was outside of school doing my own research on events such as the war of 1812. I believe the school day should be longer and classes should be longer.