• Yes,it should be continued

Dissecting an animal gives a real insight into what organs really look like,and how they coexist in the body.Until I dissected a frog,I thought that the organs floating around in the body.A real animal
    can't be substituted for programs and pictures.That would be depriving students of a real learning
    opportunity.

• It needs to

I think so because it needs to be and it needs to be the best class ever and students shouldn't just lie down there they need to get busy with their rotten lives and also teachers they shouldn't always enjoy their life they should keep on working and not reporting

• Yes it should be

In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science In the name of science

• Yes, It should be advised for.

In middle school, I was on the verge of deciding whether or not to go into a magnet high school that specializes in Health Science, the deciding factor for me was a frog dissection that we performed in 7th Grade, I have never seen the organs of a creature before, and it was completely different from the anatomy books. It should be optional, but if dissections are not allowed, you are only depriving students who actually want to learn from the experience. Dissections should not be discontinued merely for the opinions of others. If others don't want to do it, fine, that's on them, but don't deprive others education based on opinion.

• Yes, we should do it FOR SCIENCE!!

The dissection of any animal be it frog,hamster,pig,or whatever demonstrates the analyze of internal organs and their location as to what they look like.In fact,this is how Anatomy first started in the Scientific Revolution as people dug up deceased corpses and take a look at them internal and external to answer all the questions ever needed during the time after the Renaissance in Europe.Yes,it's morally wrong and disturbing to do this but imagine the cure for all conflicts in the debate of Science and Faith.How do we know what a human body looks like internal or how do these peculiar body pieces work?

• Dissecting Animals: The Real Truth

Animals are beautiful creatures that don't deserve to be killed. It's time that we BAN this right and animals should not be killed because of that. IT'S TIME TO END THIS STUFF NOW OR ELSE YOU'LL GET THE BEST OF THE ANIMAL SOCIETY!! DO NOT KILL, LET THEM LIVE NOW! This is Destiny and I 'speak for the animals'.
    Even AN ELEPHANT has been dissected. A POOR INNOCENT ELEPHANT! Do you want an elephant to kill YOU? Stop all this CRAZY SHENANIGANS! It's fine if the animal is dead, but cut it ALIVE? NOW I know why lions sometimes want to kill you I'm not even in MIDDLE SCHOOL and I know how DISGUSTINGLY DISGUSTING it is! And you'd probably think why a 5th grader wants to talk about it!

• No they shouldn't

I'm not sure what the heck is this a lot of fun and I love the new one and the rest of the best thing to me that I don't think that it was a great way to the point of view of a good time to be I have I got from my phone and the rest of my friends are the only thing that would make it a lot of fun to use the term of office of a sudden it was not immediately

• It should be mother fucking mandatory, bitch.

Stupid ass topic. It should be mandatory always. It's a FUCKING DISSECTION OF A FROG. It literally serves no no no no no no no no no no no no no n o n o PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, ITS LITERALLY FUCKING USELESS HOLYSHIT KILL ME NOW ITS SO USE LESS 1111

• ... WHY? What's the point??

Sure, it will teach about internal organs, but for one thing, frogs are already disappearing, and for another, most children are disgusted by this. We can easily substitute dissections for pictures/models . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Dissection Should be Optional

Many students, myself included, do want to dissect anything, not for religious reasons, or to make a statement. I just don't like dead things. I personally won't even touch a live frog, much less a dead one, and when my school had us dissect a squid on a school trip, even though I didn't touch it, I had to stand on the other side of the room to keep from throwing up. I am fine with looking at drawings or pictures of the dissected animals, I just don't like the idea of cutting open a once livening animal. I believe that dissection should be optional, because some students are ok with it, and think it is a good learning option, but with the technology we have today, there has got to be a better option.

• Optional - Not Mandatory

As many others have said, with advancements in today's technology, dissecting real animals isn't necessary, nor is the innocent killing of animals for this purpose. If dissection should occur it should be done on animals that have died of natural causes and a permission waiver should be given ensuring it's optional.

• Dead Things Should Be Left Alone

I had the dissection lab, and I learned nothing except for how to throw up every five minutes while around them. Anyway, isn't the only reason to dissect something to determine a cause of death nowadays? I think we have learned pretty much everything we can from cutting open dead animals.

• Optional, but not mandatory.

With technology today, we don't need to use actual dead organisms to dissect with our own tools and hands. Now, we can always use digital models of animals to dissect without the mess or need to kill an animal only for the purpose of dissection (and education, though some people may only think of dissection as a fun activity and not learn anything in the lesson). Though, in my opinion, if physical dissection was an option, I would choose to do it in real life rather on a screen.

• No it should not

Class room dissection should not be mandatory, especially if it involves killing a live animal. You can not force someone especially a teen, to cut open a dead animal let alone kill an animal. It should be optional, but not mandatory. Lots of people do not want to cut open dead animals.

• High school experiments are a thing of the past.

Nowadays, with videos and computer simulations, students can do anything virtually. They can even do the experiment on the computer themselves. Unlike experiments that use real apparatus, they can repeat the experiment whenever they want - including when they're studying for a test. It also involves no cruelty to the animals involved. Making use of cheap and efficient technology is far more efficient than vivisection.

liltankjj says2016-02-06T02:33:48.743
It should be at the discretion of the one holding authority of the classroom. Usually the teacher