• Very important to make people feel as if they belong

Everybody deserves to be on the team as much as the others do. It makes the person who is not getting as much playing time feel terrible because they are not as good as the other players. There most definitely should be equal participation by each player. Discriminating against people who are on their first year of playing is not right. Even if you played for ten years or you're just starting there should be equal amounts for both people to play.

• Equal time on the field

If the "chosen ones" play all the time, it makes them better, which creates a larger difference in talent between them and the ones that do not play. A team full of well developed talent is always better than a team with a few highly talented players, especially if playing the sport includes risk of injury. Further, winning is not everything. The memories of the enjoyment of playing are far, far more valuable than what a scoreboard says on a given afternoon. If incentive becomes a problem, use starting as a reward for the ones who earn it.

• Of course each player should have equal playing time.

When a student joins a sports team, it means that they wish to succeed in that particular sport. Everyone knows the saying, "It's not the winning that counts, it's how you play the game", and yet they seem to ignore it and throw it away like a piece of rubbish. Schools especially. If a child is constantly not picked to play a game, it can lower their self esteem. I understand this because when I was 9 years old, I joined my netball team. Every so often, we played other schools in matches, and every time that happened, our coach would pick players. And every time, I was left out, while the more athletic kids won us matches. After that, I became less confident in sports lessons, which caused my grades to drop. This should never happen to a child, which is why it has to stop.

• It depends largely on age group. At elementary age, all players should be granted equal playing time.

When children are playing sports at an elementary level, it is a key development phase, so everyone should be given the chance to improve equally. Also, it prevents any kid from feeling like he/she is not welcome on a coaches team. Even in the older age groups, when fellings aren't spared nearly as much, I still think relatively equal playing time allows for each player to remain near the top of their stamina and to improve themselves and the rest of the team at the same time. Equal playing time is obviously more provable at the younger ages, but I think it helps the same ways for the same reasons all the way up to pro sports.

• THEY SHOULD GIVE EQUAL TIME

They should totally have all the players play equal amounts of time because if the coach doesn't then it makes the bench-warmers feel as if the coaches are playing favorites. If they don't then it would seem as if the coaches only care about winning and not having any fun whilst playing.

• Kids should have equal playing time

All kids should have equal playing time its not fair for one kid to be put on the bench because he's not good enough. All kids should be able to play and no kids should be left out because the coach doesn't like him or hes not a big person. That NOT RIGHT!

• Coaches should give kids equal play time

All kids deserve equal playtime . Most kids have to sit on the side and watch the other kids play which isn't fair to them. Just because thee bad doesn't mean they have to sit out there not going to get better if they sit out there going to get worse and most coaches wouldn't give a crap!

• The kids that put work in should get to play

I think kids should maybe not get equal playing time but at least get in and have some playing time. If you should up for practice on time every day and do all the things your coach ask you of you I think you should play. But if you are late constantly and don’t do everything your ask don’t expect to play. I get it sometimes we have a close game and we need our starters in but maybe put 2 at a time to give your starters a break. Also if your killing a team… PLEASE sub in don’t be that kind of coach that wants to shove it down their throats.

• Its gonna be a no from me dawg

Ayyo here come dat boi, does spoder have puss puss NOOOOOOO. Shrek is love shrek is life, check me out on soundcloud @Daddys money. 420 blazin. Scew trans people but gay dudes are cool unless theyre into you then that makes it weird, but yah if you want equal playing time just play better noob

• No they shall not

If you are a good player like me, then you will play a lot. Like me. If you are a trash player, like bauer, you won't play at all. Thats just the way life is. If you can't handle it then just quit life. Enough said there. Amen.

-Joseph Madrigal

• If you aren't good, don't expect a starting spot.

Say you are playing football, you do get breaks and let the back-ups play but if you are down a couple of touchdowns, in the third quarter, you need your starters in so you can. Teams strive to win. People won't play if you lose all the time. More and more people will go out for a sport if you have a winning team, even if they're shirt wearers, they are part of a winning team. So, athletes shouldn't get equal playing time.

• Should players get equal playing time?

No, because if you are playing basketball you want to win. So you are going to need the starting 5 to hold the game out. Also if you team is done by just a few point you are going to need the starting 5 to rack up some point, then once they have a healthy lead you can get the starters back in.

• Kids should not have the same amount of playing time .

Some kids do nothing at practices and games and are rude and do not treat others with respect, and they should be able to play ? No, they shouldn't, if others try and want to play and are actually good and play the game right then they should be able to, nut the kids who don't try should't .

• Students shouldn't have equal playing time.

As a player for a middle school basketball team I have 13 team mates and our coaches try to get everyone in , But we are in the championship season and everyone wants to be in. The starters have been playing longer and are able to dribble score and know the plays correctly. They had more practice they deserve to play when we get sat down on the bench we are proud to be wearing the teams colors and you should be too

• Ask your kid what he thinks. You may be surprised.

I am an advocate of equal time during the season. The score does not count towards any league standings. The coaches explain, that these games are like practice for the tournament.

However, the tournament at the end of the year is a one and done tournament. There is no double elimination and the Winner gets a big trophy, At this point , I advocate having the best players play and if the opportunity presents itself, put in the less talented players.

Why, ask your kid, especially if he is one of the least talented players. He will likely tell you that he wants to win the trophy rather than be forced to play a position where he could lose the game, the trophy and not be able to play in the next game. I have seen parents get very mad about their child not playing much in a tournament at the same time tell me their child had a great time regardless.

• Fair isn't Equal!

I believe that once you get past the elementary years playing time should be earned. The playing time should be earned in practice. If your best athlete doesn't practice well then his/her in game minutes should go down and vise versa for your worse athlete. Playing time should be fair but fair doesn't mean equal.

• Equal opportunity yes... Not equal playing time

Everyone has the chance to earn playing time. You earn playing time by being better than another person. If you are unhappy with the amount of playing time you receive then work harder to become better. I have been on teams where I have played the entire game and I have also been on teams where I was lucky if I played 1 minute out of every 3 games. It motivated me to get better and now I am looking at playing collegiate athletics. I have learned that I must earn everything and life will not always be fair.

• Failure is a good motivator

As a coach. I do my very best to give fair if not equal time. But we recently had a chance to win it all. So yes. The bench was shortened and a few did not get as much time. (Soccer). 1 game out of a 10 game season. The other 14 girls deserved to win it all. Failure my make the players who did not play as much I'm the final practice more for next year.

• Equal Playing Time?

I think that People should understand the fact that this isnt elementary sports like it used to be. How everyone played fair. Today it is a lot more than that it is based upon how hard you practice and talent coming in to that sport. If you have been playing your whole life chance are you are going to be better than the people who are just joining. When you become a parent make your kids try a lot! It will benefit them in the long run. If they at least try they have the chance to tell you they dont like it. And if they do try it maybe they will end up loving it.

GeekiTheGreat says2013-05-11T04:11:52
If it is a school sport then yes. Not for professional or college level sports.