Should college athletes be paid for their participation in sports?

• They shoudl be

They should be because they have longer hours than most athletes also they make more money than the scholarship is worth .Also,They don't have money to spend on things like food so they go hungry some nights which hurts them and the school because they don't play as well while being hungry.

• College athletes should be paid.

Tournaments for college athletes generate an average of 70 million dollars just on TV deals. How much on that goes to the college athletes? None. Yes they get a scholarship, but what other expenses? Food? Equipment? They can just forget about other wants and needs. Additionally, these college athletes don't have time to get a job. Between school and sports they don't have anytime for anything else. College athletes should be paid!

• They dont got time for jobs

They spend all their time on school and their sport how they gon get a job if all their time is spent in that?? They give as much time to the sports as the pros and the pros get paid. They shouldnt get paid as much as the pros but they deserve some money. Just bro they deserve ittt. People who arent in sports have more time to get a job but for athletes their sports is their life. Let them live their life with some money. Vote yessss
    love you go jesus represent the christian crew join our gang by getting baptized

• College athletes should not be paid for their participation in sports.

College athletes should not be paid for their participation in sports because they are students. They are gaining from their experience in college, and the are getting an education in return. If they want to start making money, they can quit college and start working. Colleges should not pay their students under any circumstances.

• Yes They should

They do not have enough money for them to do their own things. NCAA makes 11 billion dollars off of the students and I think they should get a percentage of that. They still have to pay bills. A lot of athletes do not get full scholarships so they still leave college with debts.

• Zddc sfdt ctrerer

Saeawe vb db f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f ff f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• They need money for bills

Money is spent on alot of things but bills should be a number one priority. Electricity needs to be on in order to cook food in the microwave or put thing in the refrigerator and to have a TV. The place were the student lives might need some sort of monthly payment.

• Yes they should.

College athletes dont have time for a job. They spend their entire college life on their education and sports. They wake up, go to class, eat, then practice, sleep then repeat. That is all they do, they are not provided with any of the normal resources like Food, water, phones. The only thing they are provided is a place to live and an education. Atleast pay them $100.00 each game

• They should be paid

I think they should get paid because it is their time and they work hard. I would play if they paid me and I would not waste then money on stuff I didn't need I would use the money on my books and stuff like that. I wish people would just leave the college athletes alone and just pay them at least $100.00 every 2 weeks.

• They should be paid

• Nhn ht g

Hthg hhhggg gg gj hjhufu ufufufg ufuuf gfgufgu fugufgugf ufgugf ufgufg ugufgu u gufg u guffg fg g gfg f gf gfgf g fgffggfg fgfggfgfgfgffggfgfgfgf ggfg g fg fggfgf gfgfgf gfgfgf gfgf fgf gfg gfg fgf gfgf fgf g g fgf ggfgfgf gfgfgfgfgf fggf gfgf gf gfg f fg fgf

• Make money themselves

They work hard, yes but, that is their choice the school doesn't force them to do it. If they want money then they can get a job, I'm sure their is plenty of jobs open for them. They are at college to get an education not to get paid for something they do in their free time by choice.

• College athletes should not get paid!

If they were really serious in sports then get to the pros. Sports are part of their experience and having a college debt is no excuse. If they got paid, it would ruin their professional experience and they were really a valuable player, then the coach will give them a scholarship.

• No maam. :(

College athletes should not be paid because college sports are already part of the college experience. College athletes play sports as a hobby, and should not get paid. Sports are an extracurricular activity and if the athletes wanted a job, they should attempt to go pro. Many are already at college with a cheaper fee that most others due to scholarships for their athletic ability. And if athletes are paid, shouldn't’t regular students be paid as well? A college should not be a place where high school dropouts can go to play sports, it should be a learning environment. They go to college for an education, not a job. If colleges pay athletes to do an extracurricular, then shouldn't’t all students participating in extracurriculars be paid? College athletes are gaining experience in college sports and are getting paid in an education. Not to mention that if the athletes got paid, then the huge amount of money that college sports draws in would be spent on the athlete’s salary. Money would be taken away from other

• They are playing a extra circular activity

The students do not have to play if they want to be payed than they should get a job.
    The people who should get payed are the workers at the NCAA they worked their butts off to get to their position, they earned it.
    They should be payed bus tokens or something to get to their job.

• All ready got paid

First of all they are all ready getting paid for their education because they have gotten their scholarship, and second of all they are their because they are trying to go pro so they can get paid, otherwise they could just stay at college for all 4 years and get paid there.

• No way hose

College athletes should not be paid College athletes should not be paid because they are at college to learn and become a productive member of society. If college athletes need money then they should find the time to get a job. If they were to be paid however why shouldn't regular students be paid as well?

• College athletes should not be paid

College athletes should not be paid because they are at college to learn and become a productive member of society. If college athletes need money then they should find the time to get a job. If they were to be paid however why shouldn't regular students be paid as well?

• College athletes should not be paid

The reason why i think that college athletes should not be paid is because they are there to get educated not to be paid. Also if there are good enough to go pro then they could get paid then. This is the reasons why they should not be paid. D

College athletes should not be paid for their participation in sports. When athletes participate in sports on the varsity level in college, they usually get hefty scholarships that allow them to be educated for not that much money. That is more than enough money to be compensated for what they do.