• What About All Courses Mandatory

What About making all courses Mandatory as well. That everybody is well rounded when they graduate from college in four years or however tgey are required to attend. Plus required participating in extra curricular actvities. There should be no age restriction at all. As well as mandatory attendance in the Arts as well as sports and academics.

• Yes, we need to make college mandatory and can be free.

Some type of college should be mandatory (either 2 or 4 year). Those with a college degree have a lower unemployment rate. They also earn more money per year on average. Mandatory college is also needed to keep the US competitive on a global level. College should also be free and can be done so by adopting the system that Germany uses. This can be afforded by raising taxes but in the end this will be a positive as our economy will benefit from the higher education level.

• College should be mandatory, but also paid for by the government.

I think at least 2 years of further education should be mandatory if a high school grad does not enlist in the military. This can be through a technical institute to learn a trade, or through traditional institutions. It is well known that a college education gives people an advantage in the workforce, which is why Obama Administration has worked so hard to make college affordable for those at an economic disadvantage. If we made it mandatory and had the gov pay for it, not only would we see society flourish for the skills and critical thinking we so desperately need, we would probably see a decrease in our jailed youth since a college education will give them something to look forward to instead of getting in trouble. I have recently enrolled in school after almost 2 decades of being out of school. I wish my mother would have encouraged me to get it out of the way then, because it is alot harder to attend class with a family and full-time job.

• Yes college should be freaking mandatory!

Some people don't realize that when you graduate high school you won't be able to see your friends as much as you used to. That's why the same way every one from the same elementary school end up going to the same middle school then high school we should be able to do the same thing with college too!

• College should be mandatory

I don't want to be some nobody living on the street or working at mcdonalds. I want to be a independent person living on my own not needing somebody to give me money and depend on for everything. I want to be aa doctor or a lawyer somebody with a good jod or a great job

• College should be mandatory

• College is right!!!!

Who is the future of the world? The kids!!! And if they don't get a proper education what will become of our society? We will become a nobody in the eyes of other countries. But as an adult, do you really want your future society to be dumber that a rock? We will all be working at McDonalds. That is why everyone should be required to go to college.

• Freedom of Occupational Choice - That's What America is All About!

College education should be suited to the choice of occupation one has made. The government should not have the right to choose one's occupation for them. That would not be the American way. Totally undemocratic. America is about freedom of choice and letting people live their lives the way they want to. By the same token college cannot be made mandatory. Since one's choice of occupation determines whether one even needs college, then by the same token college cannot be made mandatory. That would be undemocratic also.

• A Choice That Can Be Made

If post-secondary education was required, more people would not have jobs because so many people would be lining up for the same jobs. You'd have more people lining up for jobs than you would know what to do with and a lot of people would not be able to find a job within their abilities. College should be a choice that can be made, rather than a choice that is forced upon us.

• College isn't right for all people

College isnt right for everyone Some people arent ready for college, while others cannot afford it. Therefore these people would be put into debt and have to take out loans. Also some teens want to go to the military, yet they couldnt because they have to go to college when they don't want to, they want to fight for our country.
    Report Post

• College isnt right for everyone

Some people arent ready for college, while others cannot afford it. Therefore these people would be put into debt and have to take out loans. Also some teens want to go to the military, yet they couldnt because they have to go to college when they don't want to, they want to fight for our country.
    Report Post

• College isnt right for everyone

Report Post

• Free, but not mandatory.

College isn't for everyone, but is a great source of advancement in a discipline. It shouldn't be the case that if you want to gain more knowledge that you should take out a student loan you can't pay back for a while. A country should invest in it's peoples' education.

• College isnt right for everyone

• College is not right for everyone

College is great for those who have the ability but lots of people don't and they would be better off spending their time doing something more productive.

Not everyone needs college for their career and we do still need so,e unskilled workers in the work place to do many jobs.

• Don't make college mandatory or free

Attending college is a privilege and, as such, should not be free. If one is unable to afford college, many grant and loan programs are available. K through 12 education is paid for by municipalities and is a basic right for the taxpayer.

As for making college mandatory, such an idea would be pointless, as there are many capable, intelligent graduates who don't wish to pursue higher education. Perhaps such students wish to join the armed forces, work in a family-owned business, or take time off from studies, It should be entirely up to the individual as regards pursuing higher education.

• No, college should not be mandatory.

While I agree that college should be free for all, or at least more affordable, I do not think that college should be mandatory. Going to college is not for everyone. It takes a lot of self motivation and focus and not everyone is cut out for it. Also, some people need to work to help support their families and do not have time for college.