Should college students be able to create their own degree programs?

• They are paying all the money

That is unless they are getting a full ride on scholarships. That, and also the ones that go into specific career fields like a lawyer or a doctor. I am sure there is still some classes that could be switched around. The kids that are going in just for general studies should probably be able to create their own degree.

• College students should be able to create their own degree programs

It is my opinion that college students should be able to create their own degree programs because it will allow for more innovation in the curriculum of higher education institution. There should be strict policies concerning the creation of a degree program, but if the student is able to meet specific standards then they should be allowed to pursue their own program.

• No, they should not be able to make their own programs.

College students should not be allowed to make their own programs. The reason being is that they do not know what they want and would make a program that would omit the harder classes they don't want to take. A program is supposed to be beneficial to a student and I'm sure the administrators are better at it than most students.

• Degree programs define academic requirements

If college students were able to create their own degree programs, there is a potential that they might not complete necessary education for their desired career field. The degree programs in place meet all requirements for career preparation. If college students started creating their own degree programs, they might have a tendency to take the minimum or unrelated classes to their study of choice.

• No, college students should not be able to create their own degree programs.

I think it would be a great mistake to allow college students to create their own degree programs. I think that a college student who is given the opportunity to make up their own format for a degree will always choose to make it easier for him or herself. Such an idea would be compromised.