Should colleges and sports teams sell naming rights to as many things as possible?

• Sure, why not?

I have no issue with colleges and sports teams selling naming rights to as many things as possible. It is an honest way to bring in money. As long as people are willing to pay, as they currently are, the teams might as well benefit from it. I only wish I had some brilliant team of my own to market.

• Colleges and sports team should sell naming rights to as many things as possible.

Colleges and sports team should sell naming rights to as many things as possible. This generates revenue for the schools that they can then use for their campus. In this economy anything that generates revenue should be used. I think it is a good thing when they promote and sell things with sports.

• It's A Way To Raise Money

I think it would be best if colleges and sports teams sold their naming rights to as many things as possible. If they did this properly, it would be an excellent avenue for making more money and bringing it in to either the league or the college. If they can bring in more money, the could also be more socially responsible, and offer reduced tickets or reduced tuition.

• Yes, it is a business.

Yes, colleges and sports teams should sell naming rights to as many things as possible, because there is nothing wrong with wanting to make money from their operations. The team can provide scholarships or can employ more people based on these sales. It is also a great way for businesses to get involved in the community, and show support for local teams.

• Have to Make Revenue

Naming rights help institutions make money without enburdening taxpayers with more expenses. Uniforms, sets in arenas, endzone seats, even the field's flagpoles can be named by corporate sponsors. When universities make more money, college players may then demand to be paid beyond just their scholarships. But if athletes at the college level get paid, then students on academic scholarships may demand money for their good grades, extracurricular activities and contests.