• It is essential

At one point in time, high school wasn't even funded and some people thought that that kind of "quality education" was not essential. We eventually moved past that barrier, and although it costs us money, we still put money into it for the betterment of society. I personally think we are at that same point for college education. It is time to move on and come out and say that college, if wanted by a student, should be available to them regardless of their social class standing. It might suck at first, but to make something stronger, you have to hurt it first. Once we get more educated people into the world, I think it will run a lot smoother and be beneficial for everyone.

• More Affordable College

A college education is important in today’s society. But, the cost of college has become outrageous and students are leaving college with high amounts of debt. Some people can’t even afford college. Every person who wants to go to college should be able to go to college at a reasonable price.

According to studentloanhero.Com, Americans owe nearly $1.3 million trillion in student loan debt, spread out among 44 million borrowers. The average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year.

• Yes, it should be more affordable.

While there are some terrible issues with the predatory nature of the current student loan system, having a well educated population is extremely important and imperative for the advancement of the human race. Tuition prices are rising exponentially and the current student loan system claims to make college more accessible, yet it is often at the cost of subjecting one's self to crippling debt for the rest of one's life. The unrealistic price of tuition is quickly becoming a moral issue that is poised to destroy the lives of an entire generation. College is, once again, becoming a right reserved only for the wealthy, which will inevitably perpetuate the ever growing chasm between the rich and poor. Poverty exists in the united states on a level that is nearly unparalleled when compared to other first world countries. In terms of both wealth and income distribution we have far more in common with Russia than we do with European nations. The affordability and accessibility of a decent college education plays a pivotal role in attempting to reduce American poverty and various other human rights issues. It will also allow us to remain more competitive in the global market as robotic technologies take over unskilled labor positions. No one should be disqualified from receiving an education and humane existence solely because their parents are not wealthy.

• Dfg sdf gdfg

H h h h h h h hh hh hbhjb h b bh b b bb bb b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b bb bb b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b bb bb b b

• Dfg sdf gdfg

• Jhgfcjhfy jghvgh ghvhg

Hgvkjvhg vjh hu ghih gh gh ghgh gh ghgggg g gjg jgjgjg jg jg g gh g gj g gh ghgh ghghghg hg hgg jg gg g hg hggggjggggggggggggg jhj dj fhsf fh f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Of course not.

While others here would argue that college should be more affordable on the basis of having the government get further involved in our educational system and force taxpayers by the force of a gun barrel to pay for losers.

Here are my solutions to make it cheaper, without resorting to failed socialist policies.

1. Stop promoting entering college right away. The lie this is the only way for people to become successful is a lie. Or that all people need to go by engineering the employment system by requiring bachelor's degrees. No matter how manu argue that this is "dedication", they haven't seen the half-baked ignorant with degrees. College is not about the whimsical idealistic "finding yourself" nonsense where you go for many years with no purpose, learning subjects that have nothing to do with your field for no reason other than for the colleges to make more money at your expense. Nor is it about gonig to parties, doing drugs and acting like a fool. That was or should have been you in high school. If you're an adult, you should be expected as such. American colleges are basically pre-school, and that reputation makes our system laughable.

2. Get rid of government loans and any intervention. The main reason why college tuition is a major issue is because the government's intervention allows universities to raise tuition on students, while supporting the corrupt scholarship/loan system.

3. Students should be allowed, even promoted, to take time off before they go to college so they can have exposure into the real world. The large part why indoctrination into Leftist philosophies is rampant on campuses is due to the fact that students have zero real-world experience. Since they turn 18, they get pushed into a closed fantasy world that validates their self-imposed victimhood instead of telling them to grow up.

By allowing that as an option, students would be able to find themselves without being pressured into following a career path that will lead to poverty [popularly known as "following your passion"*].

4. They should privately finance STEM field majors and select Humanities and Liberal Arts minors that actually pay. And while we're at it, remove all the majors that are bullshit as well to slim down staff and allow resources for more important majors. America should wholeheartedly support a German-esque system that has far higher educational standards, while only privately funding important majors such as STEM or select Liberal Arts majors. While studies in other fields can be allowed, they should not be able to be majored or minored. Basically anything that has slim job prospects, high market saturation, or would never lead to a career.
    Studying just to learn should be the sole burden of the student, not the taxpayers. Mind you these people are adults and should be responsible for their choices. If they choose a fruitless study, they should fall for it. The government and the taxpayers are not their parents.

• More Government Creates More Poverty

• Dfvdd dfbvdf dfvdf

F c f fv v v v v v v v v v v v v vvv v v v vvv d f we fgwe vd v vd f d vdvdv d vsed rvfsefrve s rfe rf dv df re r as rf e fd esrf sed fres d f

• Colleges should be cheaper for everyone

Not everyone has hundreds of thousands of dollars just lying around. Its not fair to people who grew up poor to live their whole lives poor because they don't have the money to give themselves education. The students shouldn't have to live with their loans for the rest of their lives.

• Higher education is not a right

Why should the public fund your higher education? The public funding of public education should stop after high school. If a person wants to better themselves with more education then take personal responsibility and work to improve your own life. Don't ask others to pay your way. If the college you want is too expensive then vote with your dollars and choose an institution that spends your money wisely and provide a lot of value. Choose a school with a good library and not one with a great recreation center.

• No no no

I'm very rich and I have my own car and house and dog. I maybe didn't have to work to get into college but I do think that people should work for college. I was just born lucky to be rich I can get anything I want I got into college with my own money that my parents gave me so I think college is fine the way it is

• No no no

• No no no

• Hel no cuz

Im rich and think people should work if they want to go to college I didn't have to work because I'm rich and I had my own car when I was 12. Now I'm 27 and in college and I have my own house and my own car and my own dog so I think you should work for college

• Hel no cuz

• Most definitely so everyone who wanted to could go

Everyone who is capable of going to college and that wants to make something out of there self should be able to go to college. Its not fair to the ones who can't afford it. College should be at a price where anyone who wanted to go could and thats that.

• Of course not.

• Of course not.

• More Government Creates More Poverty