Should companies offer alternative interview methods, such as video interviews over the Internet?

• Yes they should

Yes, I think that with the rapid evolution of the Internet now is the time for businesses to start offering intervies over video using the Internet. Since it costs so much time to travel and take time off from work for candiates, using video would save costs for both the business and candidates in the long run.

• I think so.

I think that companies would be able to interview from a larger and potentially better qualified pool of people if they would consider branching and and doing video interviews in addition to face to face interviews. Some candidates would not have the time or money to travel to come to the interview in person.

• Yes they should.

Companies should offer alternative interview methods, such as video interviews over the Internet because many times someone is interviewing from miles away. This will save a person, who may not have a job, the expense of traveling to another city or country to go to an interview. This can be costly.

• Saves Time, Money

Interviewing candidates with videoconferencing over the Internet is a lot cheaper than paying for a flight to the company's headquarters. Employers can just as easily gauge someone's demeanor through Skype as they can in person. A video interview can be used as a means to weed through candidates from say 10 to the final two or three. Alternative interview methods such as group interviews save time and money as the weeding process happens "en masse" instead of one at a time.

• Some Companies Waste Job Seekers Time

In my experience as a job hunter, I know on more than one occasion, I've had my time wasted because the employer wasn't sure what they wanted to do yet. I think it would be far better for employers to offer video interviews as a possible precursor to an actual interview.