• Yes, if they handle private information.

Companies that handle our personal information, such as addresses, account numbers, or social security numbers, have a responsibility to let the public know if that information has been threatened by the company being hacked. I understand if they don't want to look like they failed when it comes to security, but they have a responsibility to let us know if we need to take action to protect our own information.

• It is their responsibility to let us know.

Yes companies need to let us know when they get hacked. If the company is storing my personal information it is my right to know when it may have been compromised so I can take the necessary steps to fix the situation. If companies are scared of what it does to their reputation they should keep from getting hacked in the first place.

• Yes, companies should tell us when they get hacked.

Personally, I would want to know if I company I am doing business with has been hacked. They have my personal information such as social security number, address, financial information as well as other things. It would be very wrong of them not to disclose the information that our personal information could have been breached.

• They Should Inform Us

Companies should definitely tell us when they get hacked. In some cases, people may have given important information to a company that they do not want anyone else to have access to. I believe people have the right to know what is going on. It's wrong to withhold this information.