• computers should replace teachers

Children are often distracted by what the teacher is wearing, saying, or doing. The teachers get frustrated because while they are trying to teach, the children are distracted and cannot concentrate.
    If computers replace teachers, the kids will be able to concentrate more because they have no distractions, unlike the teachers.

When teachers teach, it can contain false information or personal opinions, but computers do not make any errors and it is accurate.
    Using computers is way more efficient and it saves a lot of time. i.e. typing is way faster and neat than writing

• I am on my schools debating team and we are the affirmative this debate. We need help. Please give me some good statistics and arguments.

A teacher must attend 4 years of university to become a qualified teacher, you can program computers in less a week!!!

It would be cheaper and easier to buy computers then find, interview, view files, employ and pay a teacher!!!!!!!

Computers can't get offended if a child is rude or mean or if a parent complains rudely!!!

• Computer fever rocks

Some student's don't learn well in classroom ,they distracted far too easily or cannot learn fast enough, So computer software help here as students can work at their own pace.
    When teachers teach, it can contain some false information, but computer do not make any error and are accurate.Using computer saves a lot of time. Computer provides us more information than teacher.

• Deal with it

• Computers rock!

Computers should replace teachers. Children are often distracted by what the teacher is wearing, saying, or doing. The teachers get frustrated because while they are trying to teach, the children are distracted and cannot concentrate. If computers replace teachers, the kids will be able to concentrate more because they have no distractions, unlike the teachers.

When teachers teach, it can contain false information or personal opinions, but computers do not make any errors and are accurate. Using computers is way more efficient and it saves a lot of time. I.E. Typing is way faster and neat than writing.

• Computers have more information than teachers.

I understand that some people misuse computer but, computers are the main source of information after the books. Computer provide us more information than teachers. I also understand that teachers can explain better than computer but, the children who can't afford monthly fees, they can learn and study sitting in ones place.

• It will and can provided there are adults qualified to instruct

It will be unavoidable to save money in the future the government will fire teachers and buy software. Closing in at 20 trillion in debt people will be force to make drastic measures hopefully by that time technology will be advanced as to Make a viable replacement. As of now we see sites like google putting incalculable amounts of information at our finger tips that can rival that of any teachers. There will always be authority in schools such as principles, coaches, counselors. In the end schools human officials and instructors number one goal will be the mental health of a student rather than their grades.

• It will be a new way to learn.

The reason why I pick yes is because we can get more information and more data. Then if the teacher is wrong the computer can do a better job at teaching. Then if you get a wrong answer the computer can fix the problem. Lastly, if the teacher gets fired the computer will replace it.

• Computers no everything

All the teachers know everything how else would they teach, but where do they get there information from. It's obvious a computer!!! So really there is no point in hiring, paying and then making teachers study and learn everything on a computer, when you can just have the computer teach without any hassle.

Good luck for your debate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Teachers are itself making us to sit with the computer

I have kept this heading because in our school we are having a computer lab. The teachers are itself sitting with the computers and they can understand better and understand well. The next day she can explain everything easily with the help of computer. On that day itself the teachers will make us to sit with the computer to do the practicals.The teachers cant do this work better. We can tell this by giving a statement that, if teachers are having that confidence that they can teach then why will they take help of computers? This statement will easily tell you that teachers cannot teach better than computers

• No one can take the place of a teacher !!!!!!!1

Teachers are way more interactive than a computer. They know much more than a computer in emotions and feelings , a computer may have the knowledge of the world but it does not even have a clue of what are feelings and emotions.......
    Teacher is a statue of emotions and feeling....

• Computers are machines

People should never trust machines like a computer, because what happens if children are being really silly around the class room they won't know, they don't have brains? Also what happens if the computer went flat, or if there was a black out the children wouldn't know what to do.

• Computers could never replace teachers.

A computer would not be able to provide discipline, safety or care for a child. Computers cannot keep our children safe. Sitting our children in front of a computer to learn all that they need to know will take away critical human interaction which our children need. Computers should be used as a learning tool, not as a teacher.

• Never

As a teacher, I can say that absolutely, computers play a pivotal role in education today, and will become even more important in the future. They will never, however, be able to replace a professional, caring, devoted teacher. Human teachers can use creativity and humor to enhance lessons and make the unwilling change their attitudes. A computer could never help a student feel better, or listen to their problems, or provide encouragement.

• Computers are great

Computers are brilliant for almost everything and learning is one of them as a student myself i would love to get taught by a computer but that is very short sighted of me as if i get stuck or am confused about something a computer is not here to help. Another major part of school is bullying. A teacher is sympathetic and will help a computer would show no sympathy and wouldn't be able to help the student.

Using computers for languages projects or homework assignments is great but if anyone believes they could replace teachers either don't care about their children or are very short sighted

• Teachers are the best!!!!!

They teach us manners ,discipline , which computer cannot teach us. Computer cannot tort us we are doing bad things because computer is a machine , whereas A teacher can teach us lessons practically. Thus teachers are best and we should respect our teachers and no machine can replace it.

• What about emotions?

I do not think computers should replace teachers. Yes, computers may know more than teachers and not make errors. But teachers know how to handle emotions. Teachers can motivate you! Children will not know how to interact with one another anymore. There is also downsides to this. When someone is teaching you can get nervous when the ask you a question, but when you are facing a screen there is no fear. Still my answer remains NO! -written my a 12 year old :P

• Highly impossible because..........???

First thing is that there won't be face to face contact . Next is online teaching can't be compared to the knowledge and life experiences that a teacher brings into the class room . Teachers are more interactive than a computer . Teachers use both formal and informal assessments to determine where the students has mastered the concept .

• Teachers should not be replaced by computers

Yes, I agree that teacher are to teach us and not to be replaced from computers. So, teachers should not be replaced from computers.I love my teachers a lot and a lot.I love them because they teach us they love us so, we should also love them a lot. This is my agreement!

• I think no, because.....

I believe that teachers should not be replaced by computers because teachers can give you more of a personal one on one. Also because computers will give you the answer but will not show you how to get it, or explain it. That is why I think that we shouldn't replace teachers with computers.

Anonymous says2013-02-27T14:02:37.200
i think this website and people have a point i don't want computers to replace teachers either