• computers should replace teachers

Children are often distracted by what the teacher is wearing, saying, or doing. The teachers get frustrated because while they are trying to teach, the children are distracted and cannot concentrate.
    If computers replace teachers, the kids will be able to concentrate more because they have no distractions, unlike the teachers.

When teachers teach, it can contain false information or personal opinions, but computers do not make any errors and it is accurate.
    Using computers is way more efficient and it saves a lot of time. i.e. typing is way faster and neat than writing

• Computer fever rocks

Some student's don't learn well in classroom ,they distracted far too easily or cannot learn fast enough, So computer software help here as students can work at their own pace.
    When teachers teach, it can contain some false information, but computer do not make any error and are accurate.Using computer saves a lot of time. Computer provides us more information than teacher.

• Deal with it

• Computers rock!

Computers should replace teachers. Children are often distracted by what the teacher is wearing, saying, or doing. The teachers get frustrated because while they are trying to teach, the children are distracted and cannot concentrate. If computers replace teachers, the kids will be able to concentrate more because they have no distractions, unlike the teachers.

When teachers teach, it can contain false information or personal opinions, but computers do not make any errors and are accurate. Using computers is way more efficient and it saves a lot of time. I.E. Typing is way faster and neat than writing.

• Computers have more information than teachers.

I understand that some people misuse computer but, computers are the main source of information after the books. Computer provide us more information than teachers. I also understand that teachers can explain better than computer but, the children who can't afford monthly fees, they can learn and study sitting in ones place.

• I am on my schools debating team and we are the affirmative this debate. We need help. Please give me some good statistics and arguments.

A teacher must attend 4 years of university to become a qualified teacher, you can program computers in less a week!!!

It would be cheaper and easier to buy computers then find, interview, view files, employ and pay a teacher!!!!!!!

Computers can't get offended if a child is rude or mean or if a parent complains rudely!!!

• It will be a new way to learn.

The reason why I pick yes is because we can get more information and more data. Then if the teacher is wrong the computer can do a better job at teaching. Then if you get a wrong answer the computer can fix the problem. Lastly, if the teacher gets fired the computer will replace it.

• It will and can provided there are adults qualified to instruct

It will be unavoidable to save money in the future the government will fire teachers and buy software. Closing in at 20 trillion in debt people will be force to make drastic measures hopefully by that time technology will be advanced as to Make a viable replacement. As of now we see sites like google putting incalculable amounts of information at our finger tips that can rival that of any teachers. There will always be authority in schools such as principles, coaches, counselors. In the end schools human officials and instructors number one goal will be the mental health of a student rather than their grades.

• I think both are needed but teachers role needs to change from a lecturer to problem solver.

I think the role of standard delivery of lecture can be relegated to a computer but individual attention, problem solving, application etc. Should be teachers responsibility this we use classroom more effectively creating better outcomes for students. We should get rid of grade system and move to a subject accomplishment system. The grade system was designed so teacher can teach a class with that limitations gone the students can progress in a individual pace.

• Humans are silly

There's very littlea computer can't do. Computers will teach you to program and to use proper grammar when writing. Android apps can teach you math much more effectively than stupid woman standing in front of a blackboard. There's no fear when you are facing the screen. A computer will not try to humiliate you.

• No one can take the place of a teacher !!!!!!!1

Teachers are way more interactive than a computer. They know much more than a computer in emotions and feelings , a computer may have the knowledge of the world but it does not even have a clue of what are feelings and emotions.......
    Teacher is a statue of emotions and feeling....

• Computers could never replace teachers.

A computer would not be able to provide discipline, safety or care for a child. Computers cannot keep our children safe. Sitting our children in front of a computer to learn all that they need to know will take away critical human interaction which our children need. Computers should be used as a learning tool, not as a teacher.

• Never

As a teacher, I can say that absolutely, computers play a pivotal role in education today, and will become even more important in the future. They will never, however, be able to replace a professional, caring, devoted teacher. Human teachers can use creativity and humor to enhance lessons and make the unwilling change their attitudes. A computer could never help a student feel better, or listen to their problems, or provide encouragement.

• What about emotions?

I do not think computers should replace teachers. Yes, computers may know more than teachers and not make errors. But teachers know how to handle emotions. Teachers can motivate you! Children will not know how to interact with one another anymore. There is also downsides to this. When someone is teaching you can get nervous when the ask you a question, but when you are facing a screen there is no fear. Still my answer remains NO! -written my a 12 year old :P

• Highly impossible because..........???

First thing is that there won't be face to face contact . Next is online teaching can't be compared to the knowledge and life experiences that a teacher brings into the class room . Teachers are more interactive than a computer . Teachers use both formal and informal assessments to determine where the students has mastered the concept .

• Teachers should not be replaced by computers

Yes, I agree that teacher are to teach us and not to be replaced from computers. So, teachers should not be replaced from computers.I love my teachers a lot and a lot.I love them because they teach us they love us so, we should also love them a lot. This is my agreement!

• Of course not

If a computer took over a teacher, needless time and money would be spent manufacturing, programming and transporting computers around the world to schools that already have good quality teaching. Furthermore, teachers can adapt to the needs of individual students. A computer would be unable to adapt at all to individuals.

• Of course not

• Teachers Are Much Better Than Computers!!!!!

Computers don't have the same personal connection that teachers have. I did virtual school for a few months and I really missed the social interaction and the teacher there to ask questions. It is just not the same with computers as our educators. Kids need to be lead in the right direction, which teachers do everyday.

• Because you form a relationship with teachers.

Firstly i feel that Teachers have a job to do to teach you and if they were replaced by Computers there job would either be lost. The fact that if there job was lost think how many people would be out of a job. If the teachers do get to keep there job, all they will have to do is sit there and watch to make sure the students are doing the right thing.

Anonymous says2013-02-27T14:02:37.200
i think this website and people have a point i don't want computers to replace teachers either