Should concealed handgun license holders be allowed to carry their guns into college classrooms?

• Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

In any of the horrible shootings that have happend the threat would have been neutralized with alot less loss of life if any. Those that believe that it maybe threatening, hazardous, or dangerous need to under stand that the people that have the license have proven mature and responsible enough to have been given a license in the first place. Crazy or not the bad person is going to think twice before attempting anything like that knowing that theres good guys with guns that will not just sit idlly by and just let him do as he would like. So yes CHL holders should be able to carry anywhere in the state/states that allow it in any building minus maybe courtrooms and places as such that already have a demanding presence of law enforcement in which THEY would be able to hand the situation.

• Yes for safety measures

I am heading for college in the fall and I feel like I should be allowed to have my concealed carry on me for my safety. Most of the time, the attacker will come up from behind and restrain one arm (usually the right since most people are right-handed, I am an exception) and cover their mouth. That leaves the victim to panic and how are they to get help when their in that situation? Even if you pull the trigger of a gun that's not pointing at anyone (thus not causing any sort of harm) it will scare the attacker and make them loosen their hold on the victim. Then the victim has a chance to turn the situation to their advantage.

• Give me one good reason why they shouldn't

Students who have their concealed carry permits are able to carry almost anywhere in a state. A college campus is no different. The only consequence it would have is students would be able to protect themselves. Campus police are not prominent enough to defend everyone all the time leaving people vulnerable to violent crime.

• Yes they should.

Concealed handgun license holders should be allowed to carry their guns into the college classroom. They have gone through all of the channels that they need to in order to carry the gun, so they should be allowed to carry it wherever they go. If they were allowed to, people would think twice about shoot up a college.

• There's no difference

People who have guns carry them in crowded places all of the time, and there are few instances of accidental violence in such situations. Most accidental discharges are at home, so having guns in college classrooms wouldn't have a very strong effect, and anybody who actually wanted to do do harm would be able to do so anyway.

• It is safer that way

Georgia Tech has had many muggings and shootings. Colleges have been a target for mass shootings. Give the students a gun and suddenly they can fight back. Sure, there is the risk that a gun could be stolen, but that is an extreme rarity. How often do you hear stories on the news about people snatching a gun from someone's holster. Besides, people with carrying permits usually do not snap and kill people.

• No. I do not believe concealed handgun license holders should be allowed to carry their guns into classrooms.

No. I do not believe concealed handgun license holders should be allowed to carry their guns into classrooms, because it would be too dangerous, and uncalled for. All college campuses have security so safety should not be a concern. A fire arm would only serve as a fire hazard in a classroom.

• No, it's a safety hazard

Guns should not be allowed in any type of classroom or school campus at all no matter what. It would have too much potential for harm, should the carrier snap one day or should the gun wind up stolen and used to harm others. Even if these are highly unlikely scenarios, they are still possible and having a gun in a classroom is too dangerous.

• No, concealed handguns in the classroom would be a danger to students and teachers.

No, concealed handgun license holders should not be allowed to carry their guns into college classrooms. The college classroom is no place for any firearms, especially concealed ones. A gun could accidentally fire if it was in a students bag or pants, potentially harming someone. Additionally if there was an argument in the classroom and a student pulls out a gun their emotions could lead to a deadly exchange. The classroom is for learning and there is no need for weapons that could place the lives of students and teachers in danger.

• No, it's a safety hazard

• Guns can threaten

Guns or any weapon are a hazard and for the protection of the campus and students they shouldn't carry a gun. There are people who have a license and work at the college that are allowed to carry a gun so students wouldn't have to. So should students really be allowed to carry a gun and for what reason but to protect.

• No there are some times it is not right

I am for people being able to own guns. I believe in that given right. However I do not believe that they should be able to bring a gun where ever they want. If it is a public place where other lives are in danger the gun should be left at home.

• I don't think so.

I think that there are certain places where people should not be allowed to carry their guns. Places of high stress could be triggers for a person to snap and take out their aggression with a firearm instead of calmly working through a problem. I don't believe that anyone should have guns on a campus besides security.