• High school seniors (and some juniors) can and will have sex

As per the notion of people believing that when a school supplies condoms it encourages sexual activity, is entirely false. There is NO DATA OR EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS THIS!!! Secondly, this is AMERICA! Not your home country, who cares, and the age of consent may vary per state but I've seen the AoC be as low as 16, so the law is on the child's side. The parents may feel like there child is not ready for that so while the law is on the side of the child, the parents may not be.

• Are you people crazy

RELIGION ASIDE,
    what in the world did you send your kids to school for you freaking idiots was it for sex? I thought you people wanted a good future for their children not a extra person on the family ahead of time. High school and new college students should focus on their studies because that's what they were supposed to do.

• Are you people crazy

RELIGION ASIDE,

• Distribution of Condoms a Definite Yes-

Condoms are one of the most common prevention methods for unwanted pregnancies. Students know most about them from what they study in health and sex-ed classes. While some may view it as innapropriate for schools to supply them, you have to think of the students who don't have the money, resources, or a way of transportation to get condoms. How are they supposed to practice safe sex? Just because they can't get them doesn't mean they're irresponsible either, they just need another option. So schools supplying condoms would be perfect for those students and perfect for those trying to take responsibility and prevent a mistake from happening.

• Prevention is better than cure.

This would help in decreasing STDs and teenage pregnancy. However as it might seem to be extreme at the same time it's more likely to contribute in fighting against unwanted pregnancy and HIV. THIS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY ENCOURAGE SCHOOL CHILDREN TO ENGAGE THEMSELVES IN SEXUAL ACTIBITIES BUT SERVES AS A REMINDER THAT PROTECTION IS IMPORTANT.

• Yes off-course they should! I am strongly support this issue!

Yes i do believe that every students nowadays have had already engaging sex intercourse , i think some are missing the point, Our DOH proposed to give out condoms to every high school students, but it doesn't mean that they are tolerating the sex in our society, the point is, they just want to avoid the STD's that continuously spreading through sex intercourse, and also they just want to minimize or to control the number of population now in our society that continuously growing rapidly

• Accept the truth

We can't deny that most of the students nowadays are already engaged on sexual activity, that's why our government were initiating a solution to prevent teenage pregnancy and the spreading of HIV and AIDS among the youth. It doesn't mean that you should engage on sexual activity after receiving condoms, it is just for emergency; and the government would not distribute condoms just like giving candies, it has a process for the students to understand and be disciplined. For those who oppose, did you ever think of a better solution to these? Well, I don't think so. The main purpose of these was to save more lives and preserve the morality of the young ones.

• No evidence exist that offering condom will increase sexual activity.

. Whether the government will distribute free condom or not . We cannot stop the youth from having sex. I say , Yes . Distribution of free condom is much better than having unprotected sex. . For me as a student, it depends upon my perception if I will use or not the condom . . I am supporting the distribution but I never thought of using the condom distributed.

• Not in school

Giving condoms to kid in school is just supporting them to have sex. First of all, if a school is considering this, how many pregnant students do you have in that school? If you have a lot then obviously your not teaching health class correctly. Second of all its just a stupid idea all together. If the kid is stupid enough to have sex then that's there fault for not using a condemn.

• I do not think so..!!

I stringently oppose the subject. I would like you to answer some questions below for their respective countries as the consent differ from country to country -
    Q1) What is the age of the children when they pass the high school?
    Q2) What is the legal age for sexual activities?
    Q3) Is there any need of condoms at such age?

In my country, student generally pass the high school at 17 and legal age for consent is 18. Therefore, there is no point in distributing condoms in schools.

• Stupidity at it's finest. If the government have set a law, stick to it.

If the age of consent is 16 and over in the UK, why are the government equpping school children for underage sex? As a teenager myself, not proud to be I shall add, I know that other teenagers will try and outdo eachother to share their pathetic sexual encounters with the rest of the year group. People in authority and the media verge on paedophilic by pressuring young people so much to have sex. They are further perpetuating this notion of underage sex by subtextally saying "everybody is doing it? Why can't you?". Who cares what everybody else is doing? What if you don't have those pathetic urges at that age? Then what? You'll be subject to being called "frigid" if you're female and "loser" or "gay" if you're male. Now with the argument of underage pregnancies and STDs. Hypothetically speaking, if underage people didn't have access to contraception and got an STD or an unwanted pregnancy, clearly it's their own damn fault. They should have applied their knowledge of this to their own common sense. If you do something illegal, they shouldn't expect that their won't be consequences.

• Interest in sex

In learning we say that the teachers role is to spark interest in the learner, students will not participate unless they have someone to introduce them to the activity, therefore I feel that introducing condoms in the school acts as a medium through which students are made aware of sex. The thought pattern shifts and more focus is put on the latest trend that is sex. Since everyone is doing it, why shouldnt I. This one action of bringing condoms in schools brings about a string of events that eventually lead to pregnancies and stds aka a chain rxn.

• That would be quite contradictory, wouldn't it?

Schools teach against underage sexual activity! And by giving out condoms in school that would just be supporting it. Plus, if someone doesn't want to use a condom, just because their school provides it doesn't mean they're necessarily going to take use of it. When anyone decides to participate in such acts it is their responsibility to use protection or not, the only thing schools should do is teach the circumstances of these actions.

• School is a place to learn

I strongly oppose the idea that school should distribute condoms. Due to the fact that a school is a place to learn, the mere role of the school is develop and mold students and guide them to have a better future. It is very unnecessary for a school to distribute condoms, because if they did, isn't it we are only giving the students an idea of sex? Or isn't it we are only encouraging them to have sex? In addition to, if the government mandated schools to distribute condoms, probably, society may have an impression that the government do not trust schools in terms of learning. So no I don't believe that schools should distribute condoms

• Not at all

I strong believed that condoms should not be distributed in school my first points is that it will distract students learning because some of the students will only come to school for the condoms not for learning my season point is that endorse illegal sex in school meaning that children would not focus in class teacher would not be able to talk to children .

• No why school

A school is a place to learn not to bring contraceptives.When you think of having sex you are so happy you do not think of bringing condoms at school.A student should go and buy the condoms on their own if they want it is not the schools responsibility.Not at school

• Why in schools?

A school is a place of learning, not a pharmacy.
    Are we to hand out birth control pills at the front desk as well?
    Teach them about proper sex safety, sure.
    But why would we actively distribute condoms in the school? We have places that sell condoms, and we should focus on those places being accessible to the kids if they aren't already.
    I really haven't heard any valid reasons for distributing them at the school itself.

• A school is a place of education, not a place to distribute contraceptives.

We all went to school to learn. How much we learned depends on how involved we were. Sure, we had to take a sexual education class that was a part of the curriculum, but just because students know that sex exists doesn't mean that schools now have to take precautions and hand out contraceptives to them. The students can go buy them on their own if they plan on doing those things in their spare time. Also, we'd probably have to pay MORE tax dollars to fund such a program.