Should Congress continue to support mortgages by funding Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac?

• Congress Must Support Mortgages

For the foreseeable future, Congress needs to support mortgages by funding Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. The fact of the matter is that the recovery is still in progress, and the government needs to continue its strong efforts to keep the economy afloat. Things haven't improved enough at this point.

• Just Do Your Job

Then you will not have to worry about another bubble. Freddy Mac And Fannie Mae would work fine if people would just do their job. Go back to the days when you only gave mortgages to people who could afford the what used to be 25 percent to 28 percent of their pay check to their mortgage. Now it is about 33 to 38 percent of people's pay check. These people just became greedy and the lawmakers who were monitoring looked the other way to get re-elected.

• Congress should not continue to support mortgages by funding Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac.

Congress should not continue to support mortgages by funding Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. These companies have already shown how corrupt they can be. I think they should be shut down and not allowed to be in business anymore. I think that it would be a mistake for congress to continue to fund them.

• Too much support

The banks were the largest players in the crash of the housing industry, but they never would have insured so many, and so many wouldn't have cheap loans, if it were not for the government backing them in so many instances. There is no need to expand these asinine institutions.

• Let The Cards Fall

I disagree. I do not believe congress should continue to support mortgages by funding Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. I think the cards should be allowed to fall and whatever happens, happens. I believe the more we attempt to manipulate the markets, the worse off it will become. I don't think it's fair that the people of this country have to uphold these behemoth banks, who should fail if they can't do business right, instead of saying that they're too big to fail and need help.