Should conservatives support marijuana legalization?

• Yes it should

Most conservatives consider themselves Christian. Shouldn't we follow what the bible says?

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Genesis 1:12 - The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

And there are several others. There are a lot of good medical uses for marijuana. It can generate a lot of revenue and has many good uses. Prohibition didn't work in the last century so why do people think it will be different this time around? The whole "gateway drug" seems to be the only argument against it. How many people switch to meth and other dangerous drugs because OTC drugs aren't helping them?

• Stop rubber stamp Cartel profits

The Cartels do not care how old you are to sell you marijuana. As long as marijuana prohibition is in place we will be funding drug gang violence and the war on our freedom loving people. How can we save the children when our law enforcers’ conduct a war against the people and not the Cartels.

• Yes-let's ease the suffering for the people we love!

My Beautiful Dad has just passed away with Cancer-SCC (21/03/14). He suffered for 2 years. Dad didn't suffer for age's like some. My husband, myself and our 3 young children supported, loved and cared for him every step of the way.
    If was difficult for him and to witness it. The pain was torture, I wish there was something more I could have done for my Dad.
    Until you have someone whom you love unconditionally who has Cancer you will never understand the suffering that one goes though.

• Conservative cannabis user.

It should be obvious. Conservatives talk big about having personal freedoms, privacy, gun ownership and the like. So why should cannabis be any different? There are so many hypocrites on this issue. It's their "personal choice" to get trashed on alcohol, smoke cigarettes like a friggin chimney, and we all know what those two substances can do. Yet, there is no legitimate study saying a whole lot of bad things about cannabis. My doctor (a big pill pusher) has even said that cannabis is not something I need to even worry about. Just use common sense, people.

• Boring marijuana argument here

In the meantime lets legalize prostitution, rewrite copyright laws, reinforce the private sector, spend more on our nations infrastructure, reallocate resources in education, tax churches, redefine tax brackets, lower the drinking age, withdraw a lot of troops from useless areas like Germany, Japan, and other countries that don't really pose a threat, and lower the flat tax rates as well as increase taxes on international shipments. None of those above have anything to do with legalizing marijuana. Honestly if you're voting no its probably because you're hardcore conservative, or you're religious, or you think marijuana is some kind of potent super drug as portrayed by popular media.

• They Should Support It

America is moving left while conservatives are being left behind. If they want to keep up with the times they need to change. That change could be marijuana legalization. It is not too far left and you can justify supporting its legalization because it would lead to a lot of revenue.

• Yes

There is no evidence that cannabis should be regulated any more than any other organic product or foodstuff. It is not lethal (a lethal dose is 1500 times your body weight) and is no more addictive than coffee. Furthermore prohibition against it has produced absolutely no benefit for anybody asides from the prison lobby and police unions.

• Absolutely not.

A drug is a drug. It is for the laziest, most no good, evil people of society. The ones who would rather run and hide from reality in a fantasy land, hurt their families and friends, and be lazy smoking all day instead of contributing to the workforce. Marijuana is a drug. ALL DRUGS ARE BAD. YOU ARE A CRIMINAL FOR USING THEM.

• Keeping with the times?

Are you for real? Marijuana is one of the worst substances on the planet. All this stuff about "moving forward" is pathetic! Is "moving forward" more important than... let me put it this way, you take some highly addictive WEED, you roll it up in a tube, you light it on FIRE and then you breathe whatever comes out... If you think that's smart, I have NO idea how you even turned on your computer, much less TYPED.