Should consumers be required to purchase identity theft protection?

• yes they should

yes, i think that this would be a real good idea, and that it would be a good idea to make a lot of peoples info a lot harder for the hackers that get it to obtain. I think that it would be a real good way to help us.

• No, they should not.

It should not be up to consumers to purchase identity theft protection; it should be up to world governments and even large corporations to make sure that identity theft doesn't happen. And, if it does happen, they should be acting to remedy it as swiftly as humanly possible to curtail issues.

• It is their risk.

No, consumers should not be required to purchase identity theft protection, because we cannot force every consumer to purchase insurance, rather than to assume every risk out there. Some people just want to risk it, and they should have the option. We already make people buy health and car insurance. Enough is enough.

• No, they should not.

Consumers should not be forced to buy anything that they do not want to buy, but maybe the government should look into security hackers and the technology of today and try to avoid identity theft. This is a growing problem in the world today and will continue to be one.

• No, I don't think consumers should be required to purchase identity theft protection.

I think identity theft protection is likely a wise investment for the average American but I don't think it should be something that is a requirement to buy, I think if you are smart enough and take enough caution to make sure your information is secure then you shouldn't be required to buy additional protection.