Should corporal punishment be allowed in school?

Asked by: Sarahthegymnast
  • Its funny watching them suffer

It helps me practice my baseball skills.I just grab a random kid bring them to my office and starts swinging my PADDLE to practice my swing.I think of my students as objects.Some of them or useless and some are not.Its also really funny watching them cry it makes me feel powerful.

• If they deserve it

There's a difference betweeen beating and teaching respect. Maybe if this was allowed in schools, kids would learn that more could happen to them if they're bad than "a good talking to." Detention? Oh no. Two day suspension? Boo hoo. A good hit or two on the rear? You'll never see a disrespectful kid change his ways so fast.

Perhaps the parents would have to sign a paper saying they'll allow it. Still, many parents today raise disrespectful kids because they're too soft to be forceful, so this may not be the best idea.

Teachers, of course, shouldn't be trusted, as they have bias, but a principal, with the approval of the teacher and other administrators, should be able to administer such a punishment.

• Yes I think corporal punishment should be allowed.

I think it gives these children structure, it also keeps them behaving and not disrespecting their teachers or any adult for that matter. It should be allowed as long as its necessary and not taken out of context. I dont see any issues with corporal punishment. If my child were not behaving in class I dont have an issue with a paddling.

• Kids don't have rights

I have 3 chainsaws and one of the children refused to use them to chop up my logs. Kablamo! The little bastard got sent right into 2020 as i hit him with a tree. Kids need discipline but mostly they need to suffer no matter what the situation is. Really we should reward kids with pain. Also, UNICEF is an effing joke - kids dont have 2 rights never mind dozens

• Yes I think it should be allowed

Yes I think corporal punishment should be used in schools K-12 because if you are being rude or mean to another child, the teacher should have the right to hit spank or even flog the child. Flogging is being hit with a stick or a whip. There is a benefit to punishing the child, it sets clear boundaries for the child starts so they start to behave.

• Corporal punishment allowed

It should be allowed because some children needs discipline to be able to behave well. According to biblical reference, spare th rod and spoil the child so it is better for us to start training a child before he or she goes into the wrong way so a few smacks wont hurt the child.

• I like seeing people who deserve getting hit get smacked hard

There is very annoying people in my school who are fake and very rude.I like when they getting hurt it makes me feel good because i really hate them so its really funny.My teacher love me so i never get hit.They the students because there stupid and don't have a life.

• It's fun to smack em across the head

I love smacking kids i'm a pedophile so it is fun to injure kids for me also i like watching kids that's why i'm a teacher at a school in Idaho. I have also injured a kid with a paddle once so bad i broke his tailbone. He was rushed to the hospital and I hit him so hard I paralized him from the waist up. This is why I think corporal punishment should be allowed in every school all across the world!

• We have to.

For me as a student corporal punishment is a good tool for disciplining unruly children, and also it can ethically help save a child's future. Corporal punishment is the most effective way of maintaining school discipline and dealing with juvenile crime. Thnak you this is the beautiful day ever in my life.

• I'm a felon

When I grew up in the roaring 20's, teachers beat us all. I personally enjoy it, and that makes me think that beating kids are good. To be honest, I don't think that I would be who I am today without my amazing beatings. Therefore, I think kids need some abuse.

• Not by the hair of my chiny chin chin.

As it stands there are three areas that issue corporal punishment. At home, in school (though a very archaic and dying breed), and in justice system.

Originally corporal punishment, after a long history of human beings physically harming one another, in school was defended when operant learning was defined. Though people have seen this effect for a while, people were able to justify the reason for it. However, corporal punishment, whether as negative reinforcement or punishment, clearly has no place in school.

The reason why not:
    1. Not every parent wants or believes a non-family member should be striking their child.

2. Not every child is treated fairly in school. Though we like to think otherwise, teachers are human beings with bias and prejudice that can be inherent or developed for particular students. Thus we then have a physical action that is not equally distributed.

3. Child abuse can be masked or harder to present if children are struck a at home and school. More importantly the child has no one to trust to cry out towards if they are abused.

4. Not all punishments work equally so corporal punishment naturally escalates.

5. Overall it becomes in effective amongst masses and will rise to revolution. When operant learning was discovered it was with 1 mouse in a box. Try hurting a bunch of mice in the same box and you will see an uprising.

6. Everybody lies and you might punish the wrong kid.

• I b c

H b v g n m m m m m m mk k k k k k k h h v c x j jub u yu h bh v ftf g gbg gtgt g ty y yg y I I ii I I I I I iii I i

• That is stupid!!!!

I am a kid in school and if they allowed that half the kids wouldn't even bother going to school!!!!!!! I think suspension is bad enough and it teaches the kids. It embarrasses them enough that they do it again! It also makes them scared of the teacher's and that would make them work slowly!!

• Nope. :/ :l

Corporal punishment should not be allowed in schools. If teachers are allowed to hit the students, the students could become very scared or angry and not show up to school. A majority of the time if a kid misbehaves it is a onetime deal or it was not extreme and the child would not deserve to be hit because of the action. Also some parents may not believe in that sort of punishment. Schools should allow parents to make the call for how their child is punished. Today in this world many schools are anti-bully, if the schools start to allow corporal punishment that could be seen as bullying towards the students.
    Some people may think that this type of punishment is okay if the child deserves it. However does any child deserve to be hit by an adult? If children grow up with adults that have the right to hit them, they could potentially grow up to think hitting someone is okay. Children could also feel alone, like they have no one to go to when they need to talk or when they have a problem that they could not go to their parents about, they will be left alone not knowing what to do. Some teachers can also be very bias and could be hitting the kids just because they do not favor them. This could mean the child is just simply being abused instead of punished which is not okay.
    According to the website, privateschools, a majority of people agree that corporal punishment should not be allowed in schools. The website states that this form of punishment has no place in the education of students and it perpetrates the cycle of abuse. School is a place where all kids of all ages should come and feel safe. If the teachers are striking the kids, will the kids feel safe? Of course not. Schools should leave disciplinary actions to the parents of the child.

• Parents need to be better disciplinarians.

It's not the school's, nor the teacher's, job to be parents.

The problem is at home. The parents encourage their children to ignore authority and disrespect those of authority. The children walk all over the parents and the parents allow it.

I will however agree that a teacher has the right to fight back if a student punches, hits, kicks, or bites the teacher.

I would NEVER teach in a public school in the US. It is disgraceful and pathetic. The US is no longer the greatest country.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=q49NOyJ8fNA

• No of course not!

First of all what are we in the dark ages?! Also teachers have no right to hurt the kids ! This is just going to cause kids hating school . School is hard enough for kids this is going cause emotional distress and trauma depending on the severity of the punishment. And what will they learn? They're going to look back on school and remember the crimes and punishments sure they won't do it again but that type of punishment is just going to break the kids' spirit!

• Yes, because of the learner s behaviour

People can't expect teachers to just sit down and watch learners as tney wrong ,by beating the learners they are putting them in the right way. Today learners dont even respect teachers, they backchat and do all kind of wrong things, and you guys just except teachers to sit down and watch, than people start thinking that the school that the certain learners are attending, they are not been taught how to respect

• Kids don't have rights

• It is horrible

How would you like it if someone just started hitting you for no reason. It is embarrassing for the kids to get it done to them in front of the class ad their friends. I am ashamed to be in a world were people agree with corporal punishment. Go and get some help if you agree with it.

• It is wrong

I can not believe the audacity some people have to believe that teachers can hit a child, this could go so wrong; children might not want to go to school due to corporal punishment at school or they might start to hate a class because a teacher is hitting them. So disgraceful and discussing!!!