Should corporal punishment be reintroduced in schools?

• The Children Need to Be Straightened Out

Children are terrible things that create horror wherever they travel. They need something to straighten them out and it has been proven that beating children is greatly beneficial for their lives. Many may disagree but in all honesty corporal punishment benefitted all of the great leaders of the past to motivate themselves for greater causes. That is why corporal punishment should be reintroduced to schools.

• Beating is right

All the arguments for not bringing it back are because children are equal. Yes a person is person no matter what age, but what children don't think of is the long term. Suspension is now cool to students because everyone wants to be a cool kid now. The problem with this is the kids don't see what happens in the long term with suspension, where as a quick blow to the bottom or back with a wooden paddle would solve the problems right there and save time, and save the poor kids future instead of ruining what college they want to go to by giving them a suspension

• Yes it should

This is the only good way of disciplining children effectively and I really do think it should be allowed in school because some parents do it and yelling just isn't effective enough. If corporal punishment is reintroduced, kids will behave better. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

• We wouldn't need corporal punishment if we lived in a perfect world.

Children are not developed enough to take wise decisions solely on the base of good morals. They learn these by getting rewarded for good behavior and punished for negative behavior. Sadly, not all children learn this with conventional punishment, you probably have spent time with kids like these. Rude, uncivilised and completely unafraid of consequence because they are aware there is a limit to their punishment. This is why I believe corporal punishment should not only be reintroduced but allowable for teachers to instill. Afterall, they are the ones who spend the most time with these children.

• I believe corporal punishment should be reintroduced in schools

Children can just get put in the naughty corner or get detentions, some kids can just have that and learn, but what about those who don't respond well to that. This is teaching our kids that life is easy and that creates a brat. I believe that some students need more discipline than others and this is why. We shouldn't just beat the kids every time they do something, but we should know when we should and when we should just give them detention. Especially in what type of schools. Therefore it is also your responsibility as teachers, to know when they should be disciplined and how.
    Thank you,
    a student

• I am a student

I am a student, year ten, and i do believe that we should reintroduce corporal punishment. Most kids in my school are disrespectful little hooligans, and do just what they want. I for one would much prefer living among civilised kids, whom would one day not become criminals. Corporal punishment is there to scare kids into doing the right thing. And make them regret their wrong.

• Discipline is out of our schools nowadays because of the banning of corporal punishment.

We the prefects and the teachers know what we are suffering.I say yes to that.Even if authorities doubt it,they should reintroduce and see how magically it will work.I have tried it before and i know how it works,it is instill discipline in the children both at home and in school.

• This means better futures

Some may say that it will abuse and scare the children, but it is a most perfect way to stop them doing things against rules. A room where you sit and listen to teachers is not daunting for these children. A cane, whip or even enema is enough to scare the hell out of them. I personally think that if this does not go on, they will grow to be criminals.

• It can inspire fear of actually being punished

I know from experience that after getting hit for standing my chopsticks up in a bowl (this is really bad), that I started to actually fear the punishment, and after three times of getting caught stopped doing it.

Corporal punishment is simply negative reinforcement which has already been shown to be effective when training animals, and it did not inspire any hatred in me for my grandmother, so I see no harm.

• Yes it should

Even in the bible, the word of God says that a parent who do not punish their children when they are wrong does not love them. We punish them because we care about the people they will became in the future. No one wish to see his/her children to be the cause of crimes in the country. We all want the best from our children.

• Violence, bias, short term

Personally as a male student in grade 10 I think that corporal punishment should be completely abolished because it shows the students that aren't getting beaten that they can use violence to get what they want and the student that is getting beaten will fight back personally if a teacher told me to prepare to receive a paddle I would say there is no way and if the teacher tried to force me down I would fight back I have grown up learning not to take anything from anyone except my parents, parents can discipline their children however they see fit but students shouldn't be forced to learn the morals of teachers compared to their parents if a teacher beats you for not doing your homework that's something they care about maybe your parents don't care if you do or don't do it parents are raising their own kids and don't need help from others usually . Teachers are bias 93% of the time there is always a favorite, least favorite, teachers pet, hooligan, ext. If it is at the discretion of the teacher the favorite and the hooligan may do the exact same thing but who will be beat in that instance most likely the hooligan. My third and final reason why corporal punishment should be abolished is that it is a short term punishment, it only takes care of the problem at that point and time but it will not take care of the problem students can do so many things wrong if they get beat for one of those things they will do that get beaten and move onto their next activity

• Dizzy much !

E erytgferbe ryervfbe ewryhbery ferh fyrebgjute uhgjbygerhvfer ev ev t3ev gevteyv wevgwevwgev fydsfgywevfhewgshd bvweyuewg yewdv weg dvedetgd ewfg dgveveb v 3eg dfcdvwhe wegd qwgdv wetd vybq devcvewtgvwe gege e e e e ee e e ee e w a a a a a a a a ab aa a a a your gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Dizzy much !

• Are you mad!!!

No because it is abuse what gives you the right to beat children you sill salamander! You cruel you should be locked up in a rehab you nincompoop. No no no no no no no no no no no no!! You cant discipline you children but going as far as beating them is down right cruel