• It depends on the seriousness of the crime.

If person goes to jail for minor crimes then these are circumstances where the person can be rehabilitated since the crimes are minor but if we are talking about crimes like multiple murder, manslaughter(in some cases) , rape, kidnapping, torture,etc. To keep these type of people alive not only gives them a chance to escape to do it again but it puts the other criminals who are in prison for minor crimes in danger.

It is quite apparent that these people cannot be rehabilitated and killing them would but all of their victims at peace.

• There can't be leeway in our justice system.

There are some people, who through there crimes, are so much more than counterproductive to society. This kind of people do not heed the threat of imprisonment. In fact, many murderers enjoy and thrive in prison. Capitol punishment is necessary to deter many horrible crimes. It has been proven to make criminals think twice before they act. Personally, if someone killed my family and a score of others, I wouldn't lose any sleep to see him put in the grave.

• Saves Time and Lives.

Someone who has the potential to receive the death penalty must have breached several aggravating factors, which depends on the state. Some of these aggravating factors could be as repulsive as rape of a minor, depraved torture, and other disgusting facets of a crime. We can all agree that this behavior is counter-intuitive to our society and these people have no right to stand within our civilizations.

No, we shouldn't just arrest them and put them in a jail because people fail to recognize the potential dangers of putting someone like that in a jail. It's not just some trash heap that you can throw people who committed crimes into; there are people in that jail, people who have no committed such heinous and atrocious crimes as the person who deserves the death penalty.

You're putting someone that's obviously capable of murder, torture, and extreme psychological disturbance into a jail filled with people that are in the penal system for more minor offenses. By doing so, you're allowing someone that would like to kill again to roam free in a prison that is full of potential victims.

At least when that person was in our society, sauntering about as a free person, there was the consequence of getting the death penalty of spending life in prison. Now that they're in prison, what's really stopping them from just killing anyone they please if there are no other consequences? You've successfully taken out the only ultimate consequence, the only thing that keeps people from doing such terrible crimes - in a cell full of trapped prisoners, no less.

The bottom line is simply this. If you commit a terrible and disgusting crime, you deserve the death penalty. You do not get to go to jail and terrorize other people's lives, regardless of what other crimes those people have committed. This will save us time, money, and the effort of sending someone that is clearly not able to act as a human, to a jail cell.

• Clean the world

If some one has murdered or raped people, then they deserve to die. If someone came along and murdered your family what would you do? If you put them away then they can just get out and do it again. If you were to kill them however, they would never be able to do it again thus, the world has one less stain. Imagine another scenario: There is a group of thugs that are beating up a man. If you put them away you don't solve the problem. If you kill them, they can never do it again and you have saved lives and time. An eye for an eye is the true way of justice. People see me as cold while I see them as soft. There is no malice in killing those who do wrong. The difference is in the reason.

• My uncle was murdered

My uncle was murdered several years ago when I was 10. I am now 50 years old. I will never forget what my grandparents and dad went through. He was my dad's brother. He was brutally murdered, struck in the head with a car jack, stabbed numerous times, burned with cigarettes and left to rot in a corn field. Crime was committed by a guy who was in half way houses and on work release. He had had a criminal record since age 13. Rehabilitation really???? There is no such thing. The pain my family went through was unbelievable. It has stuck with me throughout my life. My father wanted to kill him during the trial. The SOB rotted in prison but our family should have got decide has fate. That would have been fitting.

• Criminals - An Eye for an Eye!

I am sick and tired of my hard earned money paying taxes for you prisoners to have three meals a day, snacks, computers, education, talent shows, paying them to work at the prison, a roof over their head, drugs, alcohol and anything else they want and all the health care they need, including sex changes, dental work, eyeglasses, free hips, knees, kidney, lungs, heart replacements, etc.
    Our government tells us that we must pay out of the ying-yang for health care and a portion of it goes to take care of people without health and dental care to take care of freeloaders and criminals. If you own a business, you get a insurance breakdown of every cent...If you do not own a business you have NO CLUE as to what your insurance is paying for and they certainly aren't going to tell you this. Many people today want a FREE ride, they think they are owed something and politicians want their votes so they can become richer and richer. Prisoners don't have to pay child support or any income taxes because the hardworking citizens in every US state takes care of these people...OH HELL NO! This needs to STOP and NOW!!! Our country is supposed to be a united. That means every state is the US should have the same rules for everything not divided and do whatever you want because someone doesn't agree. To bad, so sad, move out of the United States if you don't agree, go live in some third world country and do whatever you want to do there.
    I believe in an eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth...If you are old enough to commit a crime, then the same crime should be inflicted upon you I don't care who you are or where you came from.
    If you want to molest someone than you deserve to have your eyes gouged out, arms, legs and privates removed and your family/relatives should have to foot the bill for you. You are a product of what you came from!
    You want to kill someone then you should be killed in the same manner, your family should have to pay for your execution not the tax payers.
    You have mental issues, your family has known about it since day one, it is NOT a surprise to anyone, they are responsible for you and what you do, not the tax payers.
    Drug addicts, if you choose to do drugs for fun, get high, love to party and you happen to become addicted, too bad.. So sad, you deserve what happens to you, you made that choice, we shouldn't have to pay for your recovery, we didn't make you do it.

We all make our own choices in life.....NO ONE MAKES US DO ANYTHING WE DON'T WANT TO DO!

• Eye for an eye

Its hard to believe we live in fear! Committing a crime shouldnt mean doing time. Committing a crime should have consequences that dont involve lifting weights, hanging out in jail with a bed and 3 meals. There should be a crime/punishment scale. Murder= death penalty (and not sitting in jail for 20 years before it takes place) pedifiles= murder. Dealing DRUGS= manual labor working for the state to make it better.

• Justice belongs in the hands of the people

The sheep have spoken that these wolves must be silenced and justice should lie in their hands not the hands of thy government. So by the word uttered from their mouths the path of justice is set and these demons we call people these wolves will meet a true wolf of both benevolence and malevolence. Yama-inu, Okami, the mountain diety, the Japanese wolf.

• It definitely depends on the crime committed.

Certain crimes such as murder, child abuse, or any abuse for that matter, and rape certainly deserve death. I understand that people make mistakes, but repeated rapists and abusers obviously can’t be changed, and murder, unless under self defense or accidental, is something that can’t be forgiven. If I ever catch myself feeling bad for a murderer, who’s crying about how sorry they are, all I do to eliminate those thoughts is think of one thing. I imagine that the person killed, was my family member, and that they were unfairly taken from me. It is very easy to oppose the death penalty, until it’s your loved one who is cruelly murdered by someone who felt they had the right to do so.

• Yes, execution for major offenses.

Why let someone who clearly has no care for societal norms and rules of law be allowed to live? I guess I'm UNAMERICAN for wanting my people to be safe and secure.

Most criminals, whether they need help or not, are a proven threat to the american system in some way, shape, or form. Why should my family, innocent children, be at risk of a child rapist?

Fact, Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.

You're telling me that scum of the earth can be rehabilitated? Maybe so, but that doesn't justify their actions, or the fact that rapist are more likely that not to commit rape again. If we do not THOROUGHLY punish these actions, they'll still happen just as frequently as they normally do. Will crime ever fully go away? Of course not, but I firmly believe if we started dishing out the death penalty for heavy crimes, the rate with diminish significantly.

Rape is just ONE of the dozens of awful things a human can do. There's over 7 billion of us, and you're trying to tell me we, as humans, would suffer because one murderer, rapist, or persons partaking in human trafficking (to just name a few examples) is sent to death row? No. We wouldn't lose a thing worth while. Start making examples of this behaviour, and this behaviour will diminish.

• Absolutely Not !

It doesn't matter what they do, you don't kill a person for any reason. As Winston Churchill once said, if you kill a murderer, the number of murderers in the world remains unchanged. Sure a "eye for an eye" might seem pleasurable, but what does that say about our society? That we are no better than the criminals themselves?

It's barbaric and unreasonable to take the life of a human being in such a manner. Why not reform our prison rehabilitation system?

• So Morally Wrong

We have absolutely no right to take away another human being's life. Do people do things that are downright terrible? Yes. Absolutely. But if we take revenge by killing them, does that make us any better? No. Absolutely not. There are ways to keep people in prison for life without ever giving them the chance of parole. That is what we need to do. Now I know there are people out there who don't want their tax money being used on those types of people, but let me tell you, the chemicals required for lethal injection are becoming so rare that it can cost millions just for one dose. That and lethal injection is one of the most used ways of the death penalty. People often ask me, what about a murderer? If somebody murders another person, shouldn't they get the death penalty? No. That is like saying we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong.

• I think it is morally wrong

I'm about to give a philosophic argument for the first part, but I'll say that we don't understand death. It is unknown to us. What if death really is nothing? Killing someone is horrible, the murder shouldn't have done that, but it only makes us hypocrites to do the same. Should the state really do that to someone? I don't know, honestly, this is something I'm kind of undecided on, but I'm leaning more towards No. I don't support the death penalty though, I think it's barbaric and the purpose of it is just for revenge - and when is that ever good? I'll end this by saying I am one of those people who think that perhaps even Osama bin Laden should have been tried.

• More People become killers.

If you put someone to death then you just made more murderers. These people are just doing their job, and they have to kill people. If you sentence the killer to life in prison they should not get out of jail. Killers should not be allowed parole. Killing people just because they killed people is heinous.

• No, They Should Not

I think that we people should not kill criminals because if we kill them, we would be just like them, and I know the murderers kill the innocent and if we kill murderers then nothing happens to the innocent but for me, killing is killing and killing is wrong. No matter who you kill, even Hitler or some assassin that you think deserves to die is still Killing and I think it is evil

• As Bad As Them

If you were to kill a criminal because they stole something or even murdered someone else, the you are no better then them. I would know. My aunt's brother in law was shot and everyone was worried about his two twin sons. That doesn't mean that you should kill him. Killing others makes us criminals ourselves.

• Even the darkest heart can change

You shouldn't kill someone because of there crime it's just wrongs it's like your the killer it wouldn't be acceptable even if they blew up entire planets but seriously who dose that anyway I'll tell you a true story a pickpocket took something from someone sleeping and the sleeping man didn't notice woke up and fell in train tracks people were there and didn't help but the pickpocket came back and saved him like 2 seconds before the train came don't kill them all bad guys could change but some good guys can't change

• Rehabilation is the american belief

In America, we believe in rehabilitating criminals. It's really unamerican not too. They didn't even do this back in the day of public hangings. Most criminals just need help and we don't put enough focus on it. The prison systems need to be improved, all they are doing is locking them up so they don't have to deal with it. They don't fix anything so when they are released they do the same thing. Stop being lazy all life is important.

• Of course not

Why kill someone to show that killing is wrong? If you do, you're teaching people that it is okay to kill as long as you have a reason. Everyone has a reason to kill so what makes it legal and just for a person in a higher power to kill when another murderer is killed for killing. It doesn't make sense. Humans are naturally bloodthirsty and seek justice even when it is not kind or fair. Why can't we see past it and look at the bigger picture?

These people don't deserve to die, they deserve a punishment, but it shouldn't be our decision whether to kill someone or not.

• No killing criminals bro

If you kill a criminal you will be a criminal cause you KILLED DUDES ALL OF YOU WHO BELIEVES THAT CRIMINALS SHOULD BE KILLED YOURE DUMB BROS AND SIS uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im BORED OF DOING THIS OK SO AND CAUSE ALL OF THE CRIMINALS ARE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH TOO lol