• It will help with signatures.

Yes, coming from a student who is the only person(other then the teachers) in my class that can write the alphabet in curse. Some of the students can only write there name but I come from a nerd school. Sure now a days you can do it on electronics, what happens when someone asks you to sign for your house and all you do is a scribble. Slaves use to sign there names with X's, so a master could just but an x down and sign his name as a witness and the slave could not prove that it wasn't his/her signature. Along with my brother got birthday card from his grandparents and he couldn't read them because no one taught him cursive. Considering these points and what meaningless stuff students get taught. I think we should be taught cursive again in schools.

• Cursive is Unnecessary

It is very rare that you will actually need to read cursive, in which case, cursive isn't that widely different to read from messy handwriting. There is no actual proof that cursive is any faster than print, but it is harder to read. Perhaps instead of pointlessly teaching students to right cursive, they should be taught to read cursive just in case, and how to sign there names, of course. I have never used cursive BESIDES signing my name.

• In this day and age there isn't a need.

Honestly cursive is just there to be formal it has no actual need. So why should we teach our kids who know how to write our signature how to write their's in a particular format that is dying. Most people sign stuff online or back their information with an email. In respect to people who get cards from their grandparents who still write in cursive, its not that hard to ask another family member to. I honestly was taught cursive and forgot it, because it wasn't important, by a year later. I have yet to find a need to write in cursive, I write my signature in the standard English alphabet and it has never mattered. In conclusion, I believe that cursive shouldn't get taught in school.