• All Bullying should be Considered a Felony

People who prosper on other people's sorrow should be punished for this in a way that shows them that this is not acceptable behavior in our society. Especially if it leads to suicide. This is not something to joke around with and the victim should need to confirm it. I don't think that we should let cyberbullies go with just a fine. Fines can be worked off. Permanent Record marks can not.

• All Bullying Should Be Considered A Felony

I think that any form of bullying should be considered a felony, especially when it results in suicide. It is wrong to pick on someone over the internet because you can. It is even worse to do it anonymously and talk big when you know you can not be caught.

• It Depends On The Behavior

Cyber bullying can take many forms. Some of it is simplistic, and the offender many not know what they are doing is wrong. Other times, it is very intention and can be tantamount to stalking. This can be especially true with free online dating sites. But, another NO poster here is right. If offline bullying is not a felony, than the online type shouldn't be either.

Posted by: rpr
  • No it shouldn't.

I think there should be varying degrees of cyber bullying. I don't think calling someone "fat" twice on Facebook should be considered a felony, but I do think repeated offenses should be considered something more serious than a $50 fine. Cyber bullying is becoming more of a problem and should be handled seriously.

• The punishment associated with cyber bullying should vary with the seriousness of the cyber bullying in question.

• It Should Not

Bullying outside of the internet is not considered a felony, so when people are bullying on the internet it shouldn't be considered one either. I believe that there should be punishments and consequences for bullying online, but making it a felony offense is excessive. It should be a misdemeanor at most.

TheShamelessTruth says2013-07-26T12:18:18.567
Freedom of speech. You can't stop people from talking about you. Make your page private, or block someone. It is very easy to destroy cyber bullying.