Should D-Day 1944 and the allied invasion in France have occured earlier?

• The new one for you guys should have more of

I'm a good idea of what is your own life in a row in my room for a long way toward an amazing voice of reason why the world and a few years and years in a row in my own place for me I was in my room for a while and it will was in my room is so good cute I

• The west was waiting for "the most opportune moment"

The west was waiting for "the most opportune moment", while millions continued to be killed. (The USA remained "neutral" until the attack on Pearl Harbor, for example.. Would they continue to be neutral if Pearl Harbor didn't happen?)). They also wanted the USSR (lesser of the two evils at the time) to get weaker, so they were watching the victories of the USSR on Eastern fronts and making calculations.

• Things of that magnitude take time

Campaigns of that magnitude take time to prepare, both in resources and strategy. Better to take a long time and make sure that the man power, the willingness, and the prime targets are correctly identified. Basically, you only get one shot at something like that, and it is better to take the time to do it right.

• The German front at that point was too large and fast moving to have D-Day happen any sooner.

With the USA being stretched so thin in the Pacific and in Europe it would of been hard to have any sort of mass attack like D-Day happen any sooner. The Nazi's took over so much of Europe so quickly part of it had to be taken back before Normandy. I believe if D-Day would of happened any sooner the Allied forces would of found themselves trapped.

• War is planned

No, the allied invasion in France should not have occurred any earlier. If it did need to come earlier, then they would have known and planned it then. During a war, the greatest military planners we have work their hardest to make sure we attack where and when we should.

• Not Too Late

I do not believe the D-Day invasion of 1944 and the allied invasion of France should have occurred earlier. The United States tried mightily to stay out of this war but it became evident that they had to enter after being attacked. I believe waiting was the correct thing to do.

• It was effective

D-Day was excellently time and was an incredible success. Hitler once said that they could lose all of their territory in the East, and reclaim it, but would never be able to recapture an inch of ground captured by the allies. People want things quickly, but D-Day took logistically and strategic planning.