• Yes,dance should become an official sport.

Under certain criteria dance can definitely be considered a sport.First of all a dancer requires lots of agility and stamina.It also is way more physical than many sports and of course a dancer has to have good timing in order not to look clumsy while performing acrobatic feats that many athletes might envy.

• Yes dance should be an official sport

Dance is already a sport it just needs to be official im a dancer and thats not why im saying this im saying it because dance is really difficult it takes skill strength and agility and thats not even a quarter of what it takes you also may think of 10 things at a time to do one turn so if you dont think dance is a sport tak a ballet class and see it is really tough

• I do think that dance should be considered a sport,

I think dance should be considered a sport because is we compete like a sport then it should be considered a sport. IF we work as hard as a pro sport player then dance is a sport. Dance is sport, why again because we work hard to do our best.

• Seriously? Get real.

Genuine sport requires a rigid set of rules, completely unrelated to any kind of subjectivity. Dance is an art, and its interpretation is all about subjectivity. Personally, when given the choice between "sport" and "art", I'm surprised so many fans have belittled dance by choosing "sport".

But there you have it - dance can be either "art" or "sport", but NOT both.

Pick ONE.

• No, it shouldn't

I'm admittedly biased as having my wife take my television over for dancing shows annoys me to no end, but I do have an actual argument here. I don't want an official sport that is based solely on what a group of judges deem is the winner based on pretty arbitrary things. Even gymnastics, it's based off of judges scores but there's a relatively understandable correlation between the performance and the score. On Dancing With The Stars a judge will say "you screwed up X and Y, but I had fun watching it" and they dish out a good score, that's not how sports work.

Torvald says2013-06-26T18:38:33.317
To anyone who partakes in dance, it is a sport.