• Dancing should be recognized as a sport.

The answer to this question is a definite yes. By definition (dictionary.Com) a sport is: "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature" Dancing is by far one of the most athletic activities that requires massive amounts of skill. It is up there with football. Competition wise, serious dancing is extremely competitive. There are dance competition going on every weekend that dancers compete at. Although most argue that who wins at a dance competition is completely subjective, I would argue that judges have score sheets with things that say something along the lines of "for every _____ error a point will be lost." Therefore, dancing hits all of the aspects of being a sport.

• Hhhh has he

R r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r re

• Hhhh has he

• Dancing should be a sport

It should be because it needs a lot of fitness components such as : flexibility, body composition and etc. sports like gymnastics which are considered to be a sport why cannot dancing be gymnastics is almost like dancing.
    I conclude saying that it should be considered as a sport. Z

• Yes, it should.

Dancing requires a huge amount of effort, practice and persistence to get it right. It also requires teamwork in many cases, skill and coordination. It is also often graded on how well a dancer or a team performs. I believe that there is no reason why it shouldn't qualify as a sport.

• Dance is a sport!

In the dictionary a sport is, "an activity involving physical exertion and skill." (dictionary.Com) Dancing meets this definition. It definitely involves physical exertion and it takes a lot of skill. I am a dancer and by the end of my class I am sweating buckets. It is also a great way to exercise the mind.

• Dance is a sport

It is proven that dancers train and work just as hard as football players and poeple stilll have to nerve to say dance is not sport. I ask you to rethink about the statement dance i not a sport next time you bring up a conversation about it. I hope i have provided another side of the staory!

• Please, its the opposite to sports.

In sports, your main goal is to win. To defeat the opponent, to get more points. Sure in dance you compete, but your main goal is to do well and look good. Do you think we athletes care about looking good or pointing our toes so well? Hell no! If you look at the dictionary for dance, it will say move rhythmically with the MUSIC. So you move with the music, meaning ART. Not sports. Dance is more a way to express emotions or feelings. Also, when do you ever hear a soccer or volleyball player so "I've got a rehearsal". I would laugh my head off if I heard that. Dance is a routine, even if you make it up on the spot, it's made up of moves and you choreograph it. In sports, such as soccer, do you think we have time for that?! We go on whatever happens, meaning going with the flow. Sure there are moves, but our game isn't made up of it. So please, if you think dance is a sport, you clearly don't know what a sport is.

• Yeah, no. I don't think so.

I can see why it would be considered a sport and I have nothing but respect and admiration for dancers but honestly, to me, it's more of an art form. I mean my sister is a dancer and I have a problem with seeing her as an athlete. Dance is dance leave it alone. Sure it's a skill but I wouldn't want to see someone win a gold medal at the Olympics for dance. I know it's similar to gymnastics but it's just so....

AnonyFeline says2013-08-15T08:58:26.593
It already IS a sport. It is one of the few activities that fall into the categories of sport and art (and some would even say a science).