Should DDO provide an option in the relationships section for asexuals?

Asked by: TN05
  • Not all of us like sex

DDO assumes all people like sex or are sexual, and does not provide an option for those who aren't. As an asexual, I can't express in the 'relationships' section that I am interested in nobody. DDO should provide a 'not interested' option or something similar for those who truly aren't interested.

Posted by: TN05
  • It's just as important to us, as it is to you, to be able to honestly declare your sexuality, without being discriminated against.

Denying asexuality is the same as denying LGBT status. It is hurtful to those who are asexual to discriminate against their status, or to ridicule and/or dismiss their sexuality, just as it would be if a person told you that you couldn't declare yourself "Straight" or "Gay" because "that's stupid" and you "should just put up with the options that exist but which don't suit or describe you at all."

It seems some people here, who are straight or gay most likely, are happy to make the lives of those who are different more difficult out of sheer indifference or spite. It may not be a big deal to you, but our ability to express our sexual preferences are just as important to us as they are to you.

• No it shant

DDO should yield to whiners over very sentence and period. If your not interested in a romantic relationship then either don't fill that section out or fill it out and put "Friendship" instead of dating or whatever word might be used. This is absolutely ridiculous, and the coders shouldn't be wasting their time like this.

• I'm an asexual as well.

And I just left it blank. I don't really see the problem with that... I mean, if people start flirting with me online, it's not like anything would happen anyways. I'm not entirely sure what there is to be gained.

In fact, I'm not really sure why asserting ANY relationship status or sexual orientation on here has any value.