• My mom is deaf.

My mother can't hear and we had numerous conversations about it and she believes that's the way god made her and she doesn't think she needs it. She had lived her life fine in her eyes she has a decent job 3 children and loves her life. In the end it is a personal choice that you should make for yourself.

• People don't have to get things they don't want

If a deaf person doesn't want a Cochlear Implant, then they don't have to. It their choice to make and it is not up to other people to decide what a deaf person should do. It's like ripping a part of you out of your life. Imagine if one of your favorite toys got lost forever. Imagine how you would feel. Pretty upset, right. A deaf person who gets a Cochlear Implant, its just like losing that toy, they lose something that is special to them

• Yes deaf people should get implants

Yes, I think that deaf people should get implants that are cochlear implants so that they can hear better. If there is technology out there to help them live a better life then I think they should have to get the implants. Then they will be able to hear and live a better life.

• People have the right to choose.

If a deaf person does not feel that they want to get a cochlear implant, they should not have to. And, personally, I believe that cochlear implants do not have many benefits, and that the negatives outweigh the positives of this device. Therefore, deaf should have the access to the pros and cons so they are able to discuss them with people they feel are most knowledgeable and make the tough decision: can it really benefit me or NOT?

• People should make their own decisions.

Cochlear implants might be a great option for some people, but ultimately, except in cases where someone is cognitively impaired, a persons medical decisions should be their own and should be discussed between themselves and their doctor. I don't think it's for anyone to say what is best for someone else to do.