• These are random words yes lower it, better yet, remove it.

Parquetry Definition: A species of joinery or cabinet work consisting of an inlay of geometric or other patterns generally of different colors used especially for floors
    There are over 170,000 words in the English language and this random word generator has more than 90,000 of them with definitions to help you learn new words. Some of the words. Some of them you will never use, such as medical definitions (unless you're studying to be a doctor!), so please just skip these and find another word to learn. I would recommend learning one new word each day if you are trying to increase the size of your vocabulary. Also try use the word when talking to others or in writing, this will help you remember the word easily, because when you apply the word in your everyday life you are making more associations to the word in your brain, which strengthens your memory for that word.

• Some people can use few words

It's not the amount of words or the length of the argument that should matter. Some people can clearly express their views in few words. Yes, there is the chance that people will take advantage of it and put yes or no answers, but we would just have to choose how to take those arguments.

• Yes definitely this will force to write concise arguments

This will force to write concise arguments and because of that others will be more likely to read that opinion. Biggest problem is that there can be too much words to read and writer can use even conflicting arguments in one opinion (in the beginning and the end) and reader won't even notice.

• Yes they should

It's so annoying having to express your opinion with a minimum of 50 words. I hope debate.Org sees this and does something about the word count. We don't always need 50 words to express everything we have to say. A lot of the time, I have to just write extra repeated facts in order to write a minimum of 50 words which is exactly what I have done here.

• They definitely should.

Yes. People need to have the right to express their ideas without a word limit to pass. Of course not like twitter, some arguments are just too complex and hard to explain with 140 character count but some have simple answers. I think it would be much easier to write an opinion without thinking of more words just to make to the limit of word count.

• Couple points, A proposed fix

The 50 word minimum discourages spamming and encourages thorough treatment. Those users who supply "filler" for their opinions often fail to include sufficient supporting evidence or anticipate reasonable objections. However, given that members still utilize "filler" to publish their stubbed opinions, I have trouble maintaining that the system accomplishes the goal. I personally haven't participated in a debate yet, but having read through several, I am split. In some cases, succinctness would have been preferable, but in others, the depth and breadth of the treatment was welcome. If I were to propose a solution, add a point in the votes for the most concise argument. Incentivize the change you wish to see, but allow latitude for the more exhaustive arguments if they are well-presented.

• If you want shorter word counts write a poll.

Opinion is to gather opinions. Polls are to gather votes, but people can still leave a short one sentence message on polls if they want. Creating a poll is easier than creating an opinion and there are certain people who like to vote on everything because it is easy. I also think it's better to start an opinion before you start a debate.

• Just the opposite.

In fact, I think debate.Org should allow for nearly unlimited word counts--and, yes, this is coming from someone who has come in over 3,000 characters over the 10,000 character limits. Truly, I think the limit accomplishes almost nothing and simply prevents me from responding to outlandish claims in the goal of prioritization.

• You need arguments.

Your opinion should be based on rational arguments and if you state your opinion about something, you should also state your arguments to back it up, so that people understand your position.
    If you are using proper English, you can hardly write more than two sentences without exceeding 50 words. (this were 50 words already)
    If you can't write at least 50 words to express your opinion and to state your arguments, I wonder if you even have any arguments for your opinion.
    You shouldn't state, but question your opinion if you can't even write 50 words about it.

Secondly, when somebody asks question here in the opinion section, they usually expect the people who answers to actually write something, otherwise they could just create a poll, where you can vote without writing anything about your opinion.