• It is not always their fault

It is not fair for children to get detention for being late because sometimes you never know the reason why. I understand why children get detentions but not all children are like that, most kids try to be on time but sometimes thing get in the way like traffic, bus break downs, etc.

• Stop Slacking Off.

I am agreeing to this because you need to learn how to be responsible in the morning instead of slacking off. If you had a traffic problem, learn from it and wake up earlier. Maybe reporting it to the teacher can make a difference instead of getting the detention given.

• We need this program

When having a "tardy sweep" we can ensure the children can be accountable and have integrity to do the right thing and simply get to class on time. I'm not saying we never have a bad morining and make it late to first hour, that could be you and your parents fault. However 2nd hour and so on, you have no reason to not be on time to class. This will teach the kids the challenges being late, because your new boss isn't gonna just except an excuse for being late to a meeting. Therefore teaching them at a young age, to be on time, could impact our society as they get older, just simply don't be late and you shouldn't have to get a detention.

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

Idkjwheehwehoheiekwnewiowi wieiw ewiwiejwbeweweo wiehwihehw euweh heiwhe wieh w wiehw eiwhe w wie wi iwehwi ewihe iwhe iw eihw ei wi ei i iwi wieh iwe iwe iw eiw eiw equwgquwg uqeugeuweg u g uw w w w uu uwuwgee uweuwehiweiqioe hehw wuhuwe hwe wuei weweihewiw ewiheu3eh3 eue u3euheeuh eu3u eu3

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Sometimes things just happen

I'm a 15 year old girl and I was late to class during a lock out period of class. This means that if the bell rings and you are late then you are automatically given a detention. I was late because I was on my period and I had to go to the office to get some pads. The bell wasn't working downstairs {where my locker is} and I was still given a detention despite all of that. It's unfair.

• Parents can get fined!

In Chicago, a charter school system fines students $5 if they end up in detention for piling up infractions that include chewing gum, having untied shoelaces, being late, or not looking a teacher in the eye. Children who get 12 detentions in a year must attend a behavior class in the summer that costs $140. Many of the students come from low-income families.

• Parents can get fined!

• Parents can get fined!

• Parents can get fined!

• Parents can get fined!

• Parents can get fined!

• No it's not fair and can make a child get depressed and then anxiety

I'm only 13 and this is unfair I always worry that if I'm late my friends will hate me and my class will hate me. In addition if i'm late I get an 1 hour and 10 minute detention during school taking my lunch and break. I have no choice to eat or drink, this is very unfair I know 25 lates is alot but anything that happens like A huge accident shutting the motorway so heavy delay is a terrible excuse, anything I say gets me a detension!! School needs to be fun!!!! Right now it's a chore for children and teens! Plus least we're at school we could skive BUT we still come in we get punished I would die just to help any late child avoid detension this is silly and stupid to give a child an hour and 10 minute detention FOR being 2 minutes late!!

• No they shouldn't

It is isn't always their fault, for example, you don't know what is happening at home or if there was a lot of traffic, both of which they cannot help. I understand if it's been quite late on several occasion but an afterschool seems still seems a bit harsh to me