• It is not always their fault

It is not fair for children to get detention for being late because sometimes you never know the reason why. I understand why children get detentions but not all children are like that, most kids try to be on time but sometimes thing get in the way like traffic, bus break downs, etc.

• Stop Slacking Off.

I am agreeing to this because you need to learn how to be responsible in the morning instead of slacking off. If you had a traffic problem, learn from it and wake up earlier. Maybe reporting it to the teacher can make a difference instead of getting the detention given.

• We need this program

When having a "tardy sweep" we can ensure the children can be accountable and have integrity to do the right thing and simply get to class on time. I'm not saying we never have a bad morining and make it late to first hour, that could be you and your parents fault. However 2nd hour and so on, you have no reason to not be on time to class. This will teach the kids the challenges being late, because your new boss isn't gonna just except an excuse for being late to a meeting. Therefore teaching them at a young age, to be on time, could impact our society as they get older, just simply don't be late and you shouldn't have to get a detention.

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

Idkjwheehwehoheiekwnewiowi wieiw ewiwiejwbeweweo wiehwihehw euweh heiwhe wieh w wiehw eiwhe w wie wi iwehwi ewihe iwhe iw eihw ei wi ei i iwi wieh iwe iwe iw eiw eiw equwgquwg uqeugeuweg u g uw w w w uu uwuwgee uweuwehiweiqioe hehw wuhuwe hwe wuei weweihewiw ewiheu3eh3 eue u3euheeuh eu3u eu3

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• No it's not fair and can make a child get depressed and then anxiety

I'm only 13 and this is unfair I always worry that if I'm late my friends will hate me and my class will hate me. In addition if i'm late I get an 1 hour and 10 minute detention during school taking my lunch and break. I have no choice to eat or drink, this is very unfair I know 25 lates is alot but anything that happens like A huge accident shutting the motorway so heavy delay is a terrible excuse, anything I say gets me a detension!! School needs to be fun!!!! Right now it's a chore for children and teens! Plus least we're at school we could skive BUT we still come in we get punished I would die just to help any late child avoid detension this is silly and stupid to give a child an hour and 10 minute detention FOR being 2 minutes late!!

• No they shouldn't

It is isn't always their fault, for example, you don't know what is happening at home or if there was a lot of traffic, both of which they cannot help. I understand if it's been quite late on several occasion but an afterschool seems still seems a bit harsh to me

• No. Obviously not.

Firstly, Sometimes it's not the student's fault that he or she is late. Maybe he had family problems or the student couldn't get a ride to school. Also, even if the student is late due to his/her bad habits or lack of time management, The Student shouldn't be detained for it. I mean it's better than not showing up at all!

• There is other reasons

Today, I got a detention for being late to class. I would not say anything if the reason of being late was disrespectful. However, not every reason of being late are truely disrespectful. Likewise I was taking test but I couldnt finish it before the next class started. I told and told to teacher about my reason but she simply declined and gave me a detention. Did she even care about my feeling? No Did she at least understood my reason? No. All she thought of me was disrespectful. And I do not think that is how people should give a consequence for being late. Because there is always a reason behind it.

• It is not always their fault

• It is not always their fault

• Unfair toward students studying

Smart and advancing students who are well behaved don't deserve the same punishment others who don't respect the school have. A friend of mine arrives late due to high traffic and issues with not being driven to school on time. She's very studious and we'll behaved respecting others and school staff. Macarthur High School in Houston Texas is unfair for this unusual punishment as well as other schools who do this.

• We can't always be on time

I think school admins and teachers don't understand how being late can be a normal thing especially when some schools won't take traffic as an excuse, because traffic has been a big problem and schools don't even realize that. In fact, my high school has only given lunch detentions for people who are late and then seldom any other problem else gets tolerated.

• Pointless Detention for Lateness

We have no control over traffic, weather, or car accidents. Parents may have an unexpected meeting or call that they need to take. Of course, giving a tardy slip would make sense of the student is 4 or 3 minutes late. But detention doesn't teach them anything, and only reinforces them to think it's stupid and not just care anymore. I have heard many of my nieces rant and complain about how they got detention from being late, and they say how they just don't care anymore. Most of it was traffic and there mother as she works from home and has continuous meeting calls. Especially if the child has a younger sibling who goes to elementary or grade school. Yes, going on the bus is an option, but the way the system works in my town is that the high schoolers and middle schoolers share the same bus. Now that I'm in high school, I've heard many 7th graders be hesitant to ride the bus when there are seniors and sophomores on the same bus. Detention is too harsh on the kids, and I could understand if it was high school. At high school your at an age where your becoming an adult and your mature enough.