• Get it together

Honestly I get it, traffic, or whatever but sometimes the teacher doesn't assign detention with things like that.

School is 205 days of the year approximently, around 9 months subtracting the weekends and constant holidays.

Many people ditch, especially in schools in Nevada (las vegas where I am currently attending my final highschool #classof2018) Arizona and California.

I'll admit I tend to not have the best time management and I as well could agree with those who said no per say, on behalf of those indivuals, being 1 minute late is not rational or understanding...
    This isn't college.

And nor can we expect to be at school excally 8AM everyday unless you get there ealier.

Either way it's the same routine, I don't understand how you could be late in the 2nd half of the school year

• It is not always their fault

It is not fair for children to get detention for being late because sometimes you never know the reason why. I understand why children get detentions but not all children are like that, most kids try to be on time but sometimes thing get in the way like traffic, bus break downs, etc.

• Stop Slacking Off.

I am agreeing to this because you need to learn how to be responsible in the morning instead of slacking off. If you had a traffic problem, learn from it and wake up earlier. Maybe reporting it to the teacher can make a difference instead of getting the detention given.

• We need this program

When having a "tardy sweep" we can ensure the children can be accountable and have integrity to do the right thing and simply get to class on time. I'm not saying we never have a bad morining and make it late to first hour, that could be you and your parents fault. However 2nd hour and so on, you have no reason to not be on time to class. This will teach the kids the challenges being late, because your new boss isn't gonna just except an excuse for being late to a meeting. Therefore teaching them at a young age, to be on time, could impact our society as they get older, just simply don't be late and you shouldn't have to get a detention.

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

Idkjwheehwehoheiekwnewiowi wieiw ewiwiejwbeweweo wiehwihehw euweh heiwhe wieh w wiehw eiwhe w wie wi iwehwi ewihe iwhe iw eihw ei wi ei i iwi wieh iwe iwe iw eiw eiw equwgquwg uqeugeuweg u g uw w w w uu uwuwgee uweuwehiweiqioe hehw wuhuwe hwe wuei weweihewiw ewiheu3eh3 eue u3euheeuh eu3u eu3

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Idkewkwkleklwe i3 h3 hey whats up

• Is this fair??

I myself am a quiet and hard-working student. I was late by 2 minutes yesterday and the day before by 1 minutes, the reason j was late, was because i cant walk properly.
    The teacher gives me an 1 hour detention after skl! And doesnt even ask why was i late!!!

• Would you rather they not come at all?

Since my school give a detention for having 5 lates, but no detentions for absents until you reach 10. It would make more sense to just not go to school today, so instead of missing the 5 minutes of school, you miss the whole day. And you shouldn't punish absences until they reach an excessive point. In my case my parents only have one car, so I cannot be driven to school, so if I miss the bus, instead of getting driven to school later, sometimes I get there only a few minutes late, and getting a late and a detention, I should just skip the day.

• No they fucking shouldnt

It is absolutely ridiculous. Here's the thing, I understand that being late to class is wrong and that maybe we as students should get our shit together but sometimes, it is extremely unfair. I show up late to my first period class every morning because I walk and my locker is on the opposite side of the school and a whole bunch of other excuses. Im only ever 5mins late, I never miss the anthem because I still stop for it in the hallway while im on my way, I don't even miss learning because the announcements take up majority of the time. My teacher is now threatening to give me detention at lunch which would be understandable if I was the worst kid. There are students who are regularly late, more late than I am. There are students who skip class. There are students who leave to the "bathroom" for 30+ minutes. None of those students who, mind you, majority of them are also not doing well in their classes, none of them get detentions. Why am I the only one? I am an A student, I don't cause much trouble, my relationships with my teachers are pretty good, I avoid causing trouble with students, to give me a detention for pretty much missing the morning announcements is ridiculous. On top of that, as high school students, we are only really able to go outside of we skip or if we go out for lunch. Most of our social interaction is at lunch because we aren't technically allowed to talk very much about unschool related things in class and we are generally sitting there listening to the teacher. If lunch is my only time to go out and get some fresh air and really be with my friends in the whole 6-7 hour school day, that shouldn't be taken away from me. After school, I have homework, work, extra curriculars, babysitting, chores and whatever else I choose to do so I can't do much there. To say that being late for school all the time will correlate to how you will be for other important things is stupid. We just have our priorities straight. Announcements? Not that important. I will show up 20 mins early to an interview that starts at 7am and that I have to walk to without giving it a second thought because it's important. The first 5-10mins of school isn't that important. Bottomline, if you really really want to give students detentions for being late by 5 fucking minutes, you better give it to every single student that has some kind of attendance problem. Otherwise, back off. The announcements aren't even that interesting.

• Complete waste of time

Not always the students fault and just makes them wish that they didnt bother coming at all. Especially for students with otherwise perfect records which are ruined by road closure or other reasns out of their control. Students are meant to enjoy school but cant because they are constantly worried

• Complete waste of time

• Get it together

This isn't college.

• Sometimes things just happen

I'm a 15 year old girl and I was late to class during a lock out period of class. This means that if the bell rings and you are late then you are automatically given a detention. I was late because I was on my period and I had to go to the office to get some pads. The bell wasn't working downstairs {where my locker is} and I was still given a detention despite all of that. It's unfair.

• Parents can get fined!

In Chicago, a charter school system fines students $5 if they end up in detention for piling up infractions that include chewing gum, having untied shoelaces, being late, or not looking a teacher in the eye. Children who get 12 detentions in a year must attend a behavior class in the summer that costs $140. Many of the students come from low-income families.

• Parents can get fined!

• Parents can get fined!