Should dirty dancing be allowed at school dances?

• We need freedom of expression.

This is a free country. We should be able to dance the way we want to dance. Of course, clothes should be kept on... But other than that, kids should be able to do what they desire to do. It's school... And school is stressful. Dirty dancing shall relieve children and teens from this stress.

• Really? Stop kidding...

I've danced with tons of girls.... None of them got pregnant. We didn't run out and immediately start having unprotected sex. We didn't even kiss in most cases. We just danced and went about our business as teenagers do. Yes the world is a scary place and teenagers are doing all sorts of things that may have been a little more taboo 10 years ago, but at the end of the day kids will be kids and life will happen. If you think banning certain kinds of dancing is going to solve the teenage pregnancy problem you should really reconsider your stance on life. Strong parenting, the provision of protection (condoms) and a education on the realities of sex will go much farther towards helping teens than banning some dance moves.

• It is a decision

If you end up dirty dancing at a school dance, then that is your decision. If you don't want dirty dancing then let their parents determine that. If they end up hooking up with someone then that's there problem. They can deal with the consequences bad or chronic. In general let the kids learn.

• It's not that serious

I am 16 and dancing with a guy is fine, only because we dirty dance doesn't mean anything. I think it depends on the teen some think it leads straight to sex, meanwhile i just think its having fun and it doesn't mean anything to me. I know it most people say wouldn't dance like that in front of their parents but again it's a way we have fun its better than getting high

• This is just one night.

To be honest, students are bogged down so much with life, we forget sometimes, that they need a point of release. Just one night where you can have a good time and not worry about anyone policing you. Every student should be allowed to dance the way they want to dance according to how comfortable they are in different situations. I also think the teachers who spend so much time policing the dance floor, could spend their time having a good time with their fellow faculty members. What's the worst that can happen? Are students going to sprawl on the dance floor and have sex and threesomes? Of course not! All dancing is dancing. Just as much as TWERKING is acceptable, so should dirty dancing.

• Yes, it's for fun

I think it should be allowed, me and my friends love dancing however we want in school dances. And we're happy that our school doesn't have rules about the dancing style. I think is fine if we can't wear revealing costumes or do anything crazy. But dirty dancing is something teens do for more fun than anything. And all of that about teenagers not being able to control our sexuality, I won't disagree, but trust me when I say, a bit of introverted dancing is not such a big deal. It's just having fun.

• Money Making Schools

The school management staff and students must familiar with the trending towards money making schools which economically and geographically enhance the confidence and the money. The money in the form of schooling fees and dirty dancing are two different things. One, fees collection from students do not satisfy the caliber of the school if they do not organizse dirty dancing they loses lots of money.

• No dirty dancing should not be allowed at school dances

No, dirty dancing should not be allowed at school dances. That kind of dancing in totally inappropriate outside of night clubs and should not be encouraged by school officials. The school principals and teachers should also let students know what is and is not considered 'dirty dancing' before the school dance begins.

• No, dirty dancing should not be allowed in schools.

The movie was great, and I enjoyed the dancing, but to have it at school dances is a NO. Our teenagers are unable to control their sexuality. They are already experimenting with sex and getting pregnant younger and younger. Throw some grinding dance moves in, and their hormones will go into overdrive. Keep dirty dancing in the theater, not on the school dance floor.

• Who would even consider this??

I know that if my child were to go to a dance or party that the school is putting on then I would not be comfortable with Dirty or inappropriate behaviour or dancing going on! My sister went to a dance one day and she felt uncomfortable because people were dirty dancing, taking of their clothing, making out and even having sex! My first question was were where the teachers and parent supervisors and why where they not doing anything about this?? Would you feel comfortable if that were you or your daughter? Also there is no need for that whilst they are young. I mean they are still in school!

• It's not appropriate

School aged students are very hormonally charged but not yet ready to accept the full consequences of what this means. Outwardly sexual behaviour should be discouraged as it can lead to getting carried away.

School kids are still under the care and protection of their parents and teachers. We have a responsibility to ensure that they are safe.