Should disabled students be able to play on school teams?

• Yes, Why not?

I believe that people with disabilities should be able to play in sports. Coaches don't HAVE to accept them, but if they are talented and good players, then they should have the decision,(like any other human), to participate in sports or extra curricular activates. Even if they aren't talented at what they want to do as a sport, they should be able to go to practices, and try out. -EVERYONE-should be able to try out. If you are a good american citizen with the believe that everyone has the opportunity to at least try out, then VOTE YES!!!!!

• Yes, they should.

At the very least, they should be able to try out. All in all, I don't believe in a lot of the 'feel good' policies that cut into actual game play to artificially inflate self-esteem, it's not a good reflection of the world beyond school. So, if they can play without holding the team back - let them! If not, they can be a last ditch substitution.

• Yes, disabled students should be able to play on school teams.

To deny a disabled student from playing on a school team would be discrimination. While I don't think they should do sports like wrestling or football, there is no reason why they could not play tennis, basketball, track, or swimming. These are non-contact sports and they would be good for self esteem. They need to be given a chance.

• Becaklsjckljsdalkfjckfdsjlkfjcsda I like pOOOOOOOOO

Iajdscjskldjklcsdlkacjlksdfjklasdjfkldsjafkjklsdafjlksjfkllkjafkjk;ldjsklfjnaiunecnasnefnovoiabieniovuianisn fja siofjekldfd lasj dfaksldjf l jsd;lf ajf dsaklfj kdsjkjj jfjjfj jfj jf jf ff f f f f f f f d df a s g dfs gsd fg dsfgfs dg dfs g sfd gsfd gfd g f ds gsdgsfd g fsdgfsd g f d dgfdg more donauts dhd

• Of course they should.

Just because some people are disabled doesn't mean that they shouldn't play contact sports. There are plenty of contact sports on our planets that ALL people can play. There is no need for them to just sit in the bleachers and watch instead of playing the game for themselves. And just because there aren't many sports that are like that, there are still enough for people with those problems.

• Depends on the disability

While I support disabled rights and all of that stuff, the fact is many disabled people cannot compete on the level of able school athletes. Tennis, track, swimming, football, etc are all sports that require a lot of running, and while versions of some of the sports have been made for handicaps, the disabled people cannot run as fast. The disabled people would bring the team down.
    HOWEVER it depends on the disability. If the disability was something like not having limbs or being confined to a wheelchair, the above paragraph applies. But if the disability is like being deaf, mute, or even having a mental illness, they should be allowed to play (if they meet the standards of the regular team). For the people who have disabilities that apply in the first paragraph, a separate school team can be made (if there are enough people). Otherwise it is just not fair to the regular school team.

• Only if they are good enough

Depending on race, condition, and religion, everyone should have the same rights. I'm going to take this conversation in a different direction saying that coaches and evaluaters should stay loyal to one rule when deciding on who is going to make a team. If the athlete is good enough, they should make the team. If they so happen to be disabled, it should not effect the coaches decision EITHER WAY. They should not feel obligated to place the kid on the team just because of his condition.

• I do not agree

I don't agree that disabled people (Wheelchair, prostetic limbs, etc) should be able to play school sports as for one it could scare other students like the prostetic limbs, two it would make the team more likely to lose, three it could annoy the team, the team can make excuses like "You stole the ball from Timmy in a wheelchair, your cruel."

• I do not agree

• Advantages in sports

People could often use the excuse, "you stole the ball from the disabled kid! That's not right!" or something giving them an advantage. Or the disabled person could perform worse than the other students, infringing the team. In my opinion it isn't fair to the other students on the team.

• It sort of depends on a couple things.

People who need a device to get around (Wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, etc.) would not really work with any sport. People who are mute, deaf, or blind would also be really hindering the team while also putting themselves in danger. There should be a team specifically for them instead of them being on the regular team. I'm not discriminating, it just wouldn't help anyone if they were on the teams.