• Public Nudity should be allowed as it is being tolerated in a growing number of states and cities.

I believe public nudity should be allowed for a few reasons. The most pressing of reasons is that it is natural in the BIBLE. At least, until the devil disguised as a snake convinces Eve, mother of all, that it's wrong. Not only that, but San Francisco allows public nudity, New York allows women to go topless so it's only a matter of time, as well as other places. If you want my true opinion, I believe you should consider it this way. The cities that allow public nudity are saying: "you are you, perfect in every way and have no fear to be ashamed at showing who you are." The others: "Your body is offensive to many people here and we don't like seeing you showing any part of yourself, even if you're doing nothing sexual." And for goodness sake! To the NO argument about the bus seats: There would be state issued TOWELS for such people to sit on. That way, nudists can sit on the bus, and when they leave, throw out the towels in the nearest trash can. They can be replaced. The more I read of the NO arguments, the repetitive complaints I'm seeing to the point that it's just silly. I will post a link to a fictional pamphlet about school nudity in my next comment. While I say it is fictional, it houses some key points I believe everyone in the US should consider CAREFULLY. That is my reason on this matter

• I oppose public nudity because I feel it is indecent. It would especially expose children to things they do not need to see. Also, I feel people who do not want to see it should not be exposed to this. Also, I believe it is against the law.

I believe people were not meant to be seen nude. As above I believe it is against the law or should be against the law to have nudity displayed in the open and expose people and/or children to something they should not be exposed to at all. There is not a place for this here.

Posted by: IucaIittI3
  • Public Nudity a Great Thing

I was raised in a very modest family but I now support public nudity. My little brother had such a fear of anyone seeing his body he could not even participate in gym or school sports. As part of a therapy program he was introduced to public nudity and soon saw no one care how his body looked except him he was able to enjoy sports and be comfortable with himself. He is much happier now.

• I support legalizing displays of public nudity, because I believe seeing nude bodies promotes healthy attitudes towards bodies and sex.

Our prudish attitude towards public nudity causes many problems in our society. The only bodies we see naked, in our society, are the airbrushed, made-up bodies of actors, models and porn stars in magazines and movies. This leads to average people feeling uncomfortable in their own skin, which, in turn, contributes to insecurity, low self-esteem and eating disorders.

Posted by: YummyIke50
  • Nutity doesn't equal sex

God Made Adam and Eve completely nude. In fact they didn't even know they were naked until after the eating of the forbidden fruit. If God had wanted us to cover up, he would have introduced man to clothing in the first place. Nudity does not always equal sex which is what we have been taught to believe. It's natural and nothing private about it.

• The nude human body is what we really are

Humans since its origins had a body. We all humans know very well how a nude body looks like. Therefore I expose my question: what is the big deal? Children? they are the first to be joyful to be naked and they really do not care much about the nude bodies of adults. I am all for public nudity, a big YES!

• Social nudity All the way

Nothing wrong with social nudity, it's only the prudes that can't accept their own bodies when looking in the mirror.

• Yes, because nudity, in and of itself, is a very natural thing.

We are all born that way. Those who desire the freedom from being clothed should be allowed to do so, as long as everyone in their community is in agreement. Many of the clothes people wear these days leave little to the imagination anyway. Perhaps it would encourage people to take better care of their bodies, if they knew people would see them nude.

Posted by: TownWett
  • I think that public displays of nudity should be allowed,because it will demystify the naked human body, and remind us all of what we really are, which is human.

In my opinion, public displays of nudity should be allowed. This will help people to appreciate their bodies more, instead of being so ashamed of them. Humans would rather wear clothes than go naked anyway. Also, cold weather makes it necessary for humans to wear clothes. But by making public nudity illegal, we are actually making the natural human body illegal. There should definitely be public places where humans are allowed to be naked. Because, if it's illegal to go without clothes now, and we don't change something, then very soon, it may be illegal to go outside without socks or shoes.

Posted by: Issac McCarthy
  • Freedoms should be protected.

In our country we have many freedoms. We have free speech, can speak up against our government, choose our own religion but currently we are not allowed to be nude. If it is true that we are created in the divine image in god's plan then what is wrong with public nudity. We should not be ashamed of our bodies, we should be able to be nude while swimming, biking or anywhere where we want too. If nudity was a not so shameful then maybe it would not be such a taboo in our country and we as a society would not be so ashamed of our bodies.

Posted by: M Albert 103
  • No, for several reasons.

The hygiene factor has been well covered, so I won't add to that one. Another reason is that nothing should be allowed in public that would shock the sensibilities of the majority of people that may see it. Since the majority of folks in the US would prefer to not have to see other people naked, it is not valid for public display. The third reason is Biblical - God made clothes from animal skins for them to wear. That by itself should make it clear enough whether we should be naked in public.

• No the Bible forbids it

Gods word is clear that you should not see the nakedness of your father or your mother or your sister or your brother. Those who desire to show their naked body are looking for fulfillment from something or someone and that is making that something or someone into an idol.

• It's not unreasonable

to place restrictions on what people can and can't do in a public area. If you say displays of public nudity should be allowed, then you should have no issues with things like someone sitting down next to you nude and masturbating furiously, yet I think even most of the people who answered yes for this would find that offensive. If people find something gravely offensive or injurious, there is no need to require it be allowed on public property. Now, public nudity on your own property is something else entirely.

• Public nudity is not acceptable.

I really don't think public nudity should be allowed. Parents have a hard enough time answering the sometimes embarrassing questions asked by young children. And young children have a way of blurting out things which are better left unsaid. Seeing a nude elderly gentleman pedaling down the street on his bicycle could be a little mystifying to a busload of elementary school students. Observing a neighbor naked on a riding mower could be very confusing to children. It's bad enough seeing some people walking around in thongs.

Posted by: PinkMych
  • I do not believe public displays of nudity should be tolerated because it can create problems with public safety.

Public displays of nudity affect not only the here and now but the future too. It not only can cause the inattention of drivers and create adult situations that children should not be exposed to it also creates an atmosphere that encourages the disrespect of others and the willingness to devalue sexual situations.

Posted by: 54b3rRyon
  • Allowing for this type of display in public places should never be allowed.

Underwear ads have already gotten to a point where they are pushing what is acceptable by many Americans. If we were a nation of only adults, whose minds where not corrupt, then maybe this would be okay. Parents should not have to explain this type of thing to their children until a time when they feel it is appropriate. It could also become a focus of attention to people with mental disorders and other afflictions.

Posted by: 5h035Bow
  • No, because there are children in the public that are not prepared for the emotions and sensations that this will create in them.

Would you ever want your child to witness your neighbor doing anything without clothing on? Of course not, because nakedness of the human body is a private thing, and not a public thing. The same protection that we afford children from being abused as objects of child pornography should also protect them from being exposed to pornography of any kind, whether public or private.

Posted by: MariaR
  • For sanitary reasons mainly.

I would not like to sit where someone has had their naked butt. I am not bothered by the nudity itself, but by the lack of hygiene it involves. I am not stating nudists have poor hygiene, only that the cleanest of backsides still retain a certain residue that I am not interested in having on my bus seat.

Posted by: Ia2Cist
  • Public displays of nudity should not be allowed because many people are offended by them.

There are plenty of places for people who want to engage in nudity to go without exposing themselves to the public. First, it is offensive because children are a part of the public and I do not believe that this behavior is appropriate in front of children. Many people have bodies that definitely do not need to be exposed in public! I believe that public nudity is immoral and against good common sense. If people want to go nude, there are groups that they can join who are like-minded and they can enjoy this practice without offending the general public where many people are opposed to public nudity. Many places also have private beaches for those who want to experience the beach with no clothes!

Posted by: R0d0Ferdy
  • Displays of public nudity are unnecessary and unpleasant.

There is no need for public nudity, and for the most part it is not very aesthetically pleasing. Usually the people who feel they need to exert their rights to expose themselves, are not the type of people that one would care to look at. Also, western culture is such that public nudity is not the norm, and many young children are uncomfortable when they are exposed to people who go around with no clothes on.

Posted by: TaintedHamel

Propublicnudism says2013-04-23T09:03:32.500
As I mentioned in my post at the top of the list. We're living in a country that is vastly divided by the public nudity issue. In some cases, it has become more problematic than previous arguments such as racialism, or religious beliefs. This cannot continue. San Fran, New York, and some of the West Coast states of our great country allow various forms of public nudity. And still, respect is given freely to those naked, not denounced. Where then do these prudes, these scared, and non-understanding people come from? It is because they live in the past, a world where even exposed mid-drifts are considered obscene. WAKE UP!!! Let me ask you people who are blind to the truth: You see women in bikinis that threaten to expose the girls to the public. Do you speak up then? No, more over you males pant at such a prospect, myself included. Yet when you see a woman or man simply walking by, WITHOUT TRYING TO BOTHER ANYONE, you brood of vipers! Then our differences become apparent. For you single these people out, not to talk and understand, but to curse them, call them immoral, and do everything you can to make them feel like monsters! "What of the children?" Feh! The children, who you fret about, act like YOU DID in your youth. They run about naked at their youngest age, and as they get older and told to put on clothes, do they do so immediately? No. They ask "why?". Not coming up with good answers, you make things up that have them ashamed to show any part of themselves, again as if they were ugly! I will quote what Jesus said to Peter since you nest of snakes think so highly of clothing as moral. "Get behind me Satan! For you are a stumbling block to me. Thou mind is concerned only with thoughts not of the divine, but of man!"
Gilesthewizard says2014-01-30T22:31:50.917
I don't find midrifts offensive, it's just that seeing someone with their breasts or junk hanging out is socially awkward, and most people are embarrassed by nudity.