Should doctors continue to use chemotherapy as a primary treatment for Hodgkin's Disease?

• Doctors should continue to use chemotherapy as a primary treatment for Hodgkin's Disease.

Doctors should continue to use chemotherapy as a primary treatment for Hodgkin's Disease. Hodgkin's Disease is a type of lymphoma, which is a cancer originating from white blood cells called lymphocytes. It was named after Thomas Hodgkin, who first described abnormalities in the lymph system in 1832. I think most patients get better with the use of chemo.

• Yes, chemo should continue to be used in treating Hodgkin's

Chemotherapy has been a successful tool in the past for treating Hodgkin's. Even with the evolution on new treatments and experimental drugs, chemotherapy has still been an effective weapon in the treatment and long term prognosis for patients with Hodgkin's. Side effects vary from patient to patient as do end results.

• Yes, doctors should continue to use chemo to treat Hodgkin's Disease.

I think that using chemotherapy as a primary treatment for Hodgkin's disease by doctors is still the right way to go. I think that while it hasn't always been proven to be succesful, it is still the best strategy to treating the disease. Other ways should still be explored though.

• Doctors should use every possible treatment for Hodgkin's Disease

Every possible treatment should be utilized for a disease. Used as a primary treatment to procure results, even minimally, secures the options for additional treatment protocols. Giving patients chemotherapy may reduce symptoms to elevate their discomfort and pain. Doctors are expected to administer proven treatment methods whether agreed upon universally or debated for the patients good.

• Yes, I think doctors should continue to use chemotherapy as a primary treatment for Hodgkin's disease.

I believe that as long as chemotherapy continues to be an effective method for controlling and treating Hodgkin's disease then it should remain the primary method for doing so, I believe that when less intensive treatments come along that are just as effective or even more effective then chemotherapy then it should be replaced.

• No. Definitely Not.

Like everyone, we have a right to our opinions. But i strongly believe that chemotherapy is probably one of the worst treatments an individual can have. Think about the horrid side affects that one has to endure while going throught this process. Chemo is also a very toxic poison to the body. Yes, it manages to get rid of cancerous cells, but it does massive damage to the immume system and to other parts of the body as well such as your liver, digestive system, abnormal brain function, etc. If you see the irony here, the immune system is something used to help fight off infectious diseases and cancers. But, I don't quite understand why chemo is technically doing the exact opposite. I would much rather get rid of it hollistically and naturally.