• No Place for Full Contact Sports

Dodgeball is a sport for bullies to take out their frustrations on easy targets across the room. Dodgeball can be a full contact sport as the ball whizzes in towards someone's head, often at close range. Kids can fall and become hurt trying to avoid being hit by the balls, even though they are soft.

• It should be band

I think that it should be band because it lowers self esteem for weak kids. It can also lable kuds in a place that my get them in a state of getting picked and being bullyed. Parents would also be upset if their child came home with a black eye, or a bruises on their body.

• What is the benefit??

This is and has always been the stupidist game at school. No one enjoys having a hard rubber ball hurled at them. People with glasses are always at risk for an eye injury. Everyone is subject to possible concussions. Especially since the people throwing it the harded always aim for your face!! It is 2015 and this "sport" is still being played?? We make everyone wear helmets, protective gear, car seats forever etc. and we are still pelting unprotected children with balls???! It is a bully sport. It was in the 70's and nothing has changed. Find something better. This is unbelievably ridiculous. Shame on you for allowing this to continue.

• Ban it now!

It causes a lot of ingerys. And it hurts. Really. I know some one who got hurt in it. A lot of people say your out in dodge ball. A lot of people do not like it. I do not like. Support me in banning dodge ball from schools. Please.

• Self Esteem Hurts! DX

When it's end of gym some students laugh at you because you get hit a lot of times. You sometimes cry when you really get hurt in the stomach or hip but they think you're just a sissie. And you get angry that you just wanna hit them in the face.

• Make it a CHOICE - not mandatory participation!

Dodge Ball is not FUN for everyone! Allow the students to choose whether they want to play or not! Making it mandatory is exactly why there is so much controversy based around the contact sport! Allowing the boys to beam the students in the head is ridiculous! Why is that considered fun? Fun for the assaulter! Not fun to be on a receiving end of that blow! If banning the sport is too harsh, that allow alternatives! Period!

• Make it a Choice

If removing the contact sport is too harsh of a decision, than let the kids decide if they want to play - or not! Having a mandatory co-ed team is ridiculous. Yeah, there are some girls that are just as rough as the boys - so let them play if they want - but - let those that DO NOT want to play this rough sport have an alternative choice!

• I think dodge ball is okay to play.

The main reason I believe this is that it builds fast reflexes. Another reason is that it is good for your arm muscles. Finally I also have to deal with loosing and getting out. I think dodgeball is fun.I have no problem playing dodgeball because I am already good at catching and throwing.

• I feel that it should be banned.

In my school, we do not play dodgeball. We play a similar version called Medicball. The balls are smaller and are the squishy kind. You know? There is a Medic who tags people who are out. If the medic is hit, the other team wins. It's fun and I love playing it. I'm not advocating the ban of all fun gym class games, I'm just saying that dodgeballs are too big and hard. It can easily break a pair of glasses or a students nose.

• Say no to dodgeball

Its no good for kids who are weak and not skilled at it. Can cause to serious injereries and stressfulness. We want our kids safe not hurt by the end of the day! Dodge ball is a deadly game that we wouldnt want our children to be playing at all.

• Dodge ball shoudn't be banned

Dodge ball is a fun sport if people dont want to play they dont have to so they need to stop winning and just play the sport its the funniest sport in our school so why would they banned it. Taking away dodge ball is like taking away football our basketball or baseball.

• It's A Fun Game

Dodge ball is a fun game. It should not be banned in schools because a lot of students like it. Some kids don't like dodge ball, I understand, but the people I know who don't like dodge ball don't because they're lazy and they're afraid of getting hit. If you try your best at this game, no one will think you're weak if you get hit and get out. There are some people who just stand around talking and whine when they get out. Seriously, though, it's their own fault.

• I don't think dodgeball should be banned.

It is a great opportunity for all students, allowing them to have fun, play on teams, and even have great laughs. However, they shouldn't use these hard medicine balls or volley balls which can hurt. It would be better to use soft balls so if someone gets hit in the face, they do not get hurt.

• Dodgeball-individual choice should be enforced

The sport should not be banned completely, but limitations should be placed. For example: Only soft balls should be used, students should be allowed to opt out for personal reasons. Rules should be strictly enforced, ie: no throwing at the head. Evenly skilled teams should be selected, ie: not all boys against girls.

• No and why

In my school, dodgeball is one of the most popular sports in gym. And when we played dodgeball accidents never happened. Banning such a fun sport would be horrible! There is no reason to ban dodgeball. My favorite sport in gym is dodgeball. Except our gym teacher is pretty serious when it comes to dodgeball. This girl in my class used to hide from him when she thought he made a bad call.

• Dodge Ball A Fun Game

I do not believe dodge ball should be banned at schools. I think dodge ball can be a rowdy and fun game, that may pose some risks, but not anymore than any other playground game. The actual game of dodge ball should be safe for children to play, if someone is worried about the safety, find softer balls to throw.

• Dodgeball is just a gym sport, not some punishment or crime.

For me dodgeball was always one of the most fun activities we did in gym class. I can understand why some kids didn't like it, but if we stayed away from the unpopular activities we would never do anything very productive. I think dodgeball is a fine gym sport, and not something work banning.

• It Builds Coordination and Courage.

Yes, I know that dodgeball is demonized as an aggressive sport where the less athletic are singled out to be targeted, but if anyone has actually played dodgeball, this is not the case. There are always the more brave and the more protective, but I've never seen bullying in all the dodgeball I've played. It is a very cooperative game where you rely on your teammates to save you, catch a ball, pass you a ball, etc. You can hide to the side all you want, but at some point you are going to have to get out there to catch some balls to recover teammates or tag enemies out. The game forces you to try and be brave, which is increasingly important nowadays where students don't know how to defend themselves against bullying. It is also really fun for everyone whether dodging or throwing. You quickly learn how to dodge fast and throw hard, which is important in several other sports/games. I don't personally support no headshots since that makes eliminating opponents SO much harder. Yes getting hit in the face stings, but it is not even bee sting level. If the school really has problems with it like broken glasses, then just use foam or whiffle balls. There is no need to ban such a fun and motivating game.

• Don't band dodgeball from schools

Because it's fun and you can learn team building skills an other reason why I think dodgeball shouldn't be banned is because it allows kids who aren't good athletes partisapate and it also helps you with quick desision making also builds up more confidens in you and that's why I think dodgeball souldnt be banned in school s

• Why ban dodgeball

This is so silly dodgeball is such a good use of exersize that kids need to stay heathy people are way to protective these days and are making their children act like babies when they get hit by a ball why should kids that love dodgeball have to give it up just because sissies want to cry over getting hit by a ball we are not always going to be winners

Anthonyreyes says2017-03-02T19:40:41.597
I agree with side B because Dodge ball is a game that at some time in our lives we all played, whether it was in elementary school at recess or in middle school during a physical education class. Dodge ball was one of those games that no one would ever consider to someday become a Hollywood movie. Some would think it to be a ridiculous idea, but this was an idea for a smash hit comedy. Who knew that one day a game we once played and still play could be so hilarious that as an audience we would want to watch a comedy about it. DodgeBall is a great sports comedy; hence this is a movie that can be watched by the entire family.