• It definitely should be legal

These musicians make so much money that they could feed homeless kids for years and yet, with all that money, they still ask for more. These music downloads should be free because they don't need the money and all these people they could be helping they are just letting die and being selfish bastards.

• Yes, it should be legal

I feel as if downloading music should be made legal. Artists and musicians make enough money as it is, and downloading a few songs won't hurt them much. True fans will still buy their albums on iTunes or CDs, or support them in other ways. People already download music for free, so let's just leave it as it is.

• Yes it should be.

Donloding music shud b freee bekauz i dunt hav enny munny end i caint buy enny of eet. I'm i friggin' hood and a seenger, I seel my fast-selling albums 2 my buddies, they say ahm relly gowd. Ah've earned respect, they exect me 2 mak more. Same wit other seengers as well.

• Yes it should be.

• Legal of course

Most parents don't let their children buy music so they can't listen without internet. It should always be legal!!! All children need a form of entertainment at all times. All people like listening to music so why not make it free? Musicians have lots of fun making music anyways! Not all people can afford to pay for music.

• It should be legal

I think it should be legal because you can get it free in lots of places and they make money off of concerts, albums, and discs and they also make lots of money by doing conferences and doing world tours. They cant really lose a lot of money if they tried.

• It should be legal

I think downloading music should be legal because they make enough money to give it to charity and still have a lot more left over. They would also make even more money because of their concerts. Also their albums and discs. Even if they give all of their money away (which would be nice) they would make it all back in a month

• Yes it should be.

• Why the hell not

Music these days is way too easy to make and nobody has the money to pay for all of that nonesense they make nowadays. Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,Nothing else to say,

• ITS WRONGGGGGGG hj

Just because
    just because
    just because
    just because
    hgtgfjhyhyhyhjgjuyhujyhuyjhuyhjyhttgtyyhhgtfhyujyhftgdsefrgthjhgfdfghjkjhgfdsfghjk
    bbbhjnlkjhygtrftyhjkl
    hgfdghjkl:kjuhygftrdesfrghjkl
    jghfdghjkl:kjhgfdghjkl:
    jhngfghjkl:kjhgfghjk
    kjhgfd
    mngcf
    <lv
    just because
    just because
    bbbhjnlkjhygtrftyhjkl
    hgfdghjkl:kjuhygftrdesfrghjkl
    jghfdghjkl:kjhgfdghjkl:
    jhngfghjkl:kjhgfghjk
    kjhgfd
    mngcf
    <lv
    just because
    just because
    bbbhjnlkjhygtrftyhjkl
    hgfdghjkl:kjuhygftrdesfrghjkl
    jghfdghjkl:kjhgfdghjkl:
    jhngfghjkl:kjhgfghjk
    kjhgfd
    mngcf
    <lv
    just because
    just because
    bbbhjnlkjhygtrftyhjkl
    hgfdghjkl:kjuhygftrdesfrghjkl
    jghfdghjkl:kjhgfdghjkl:
    jhngfghjkl:kjhgfghjk
    kjhgfd
    mngcf
    <lv

• How about we don't pay you for your job?

If you think its okay to download music for free, without paying for it and supporting the artist, then well music isn't going to be around much longer. Would you want to go into your job everyday, do all the same work you do now and not get paid? Probably not. When you download music for free you essentially are doing this to the musician whose music you are stealing.

• They dot get paed if they don't sell.

All of them don't get munny if they don't get enny munny and they get a bad rep if they don't get pad then they end up losing all there munny when they cant get peep to buy them and then our favorite artistes don't make music anymore. And that's my view and my friends.

• How are people supposed to make a living?

They put so much hard work into making this music so they can have a living and make a nice line of work from the music industry. If people want free music then they wait until the artist releases something like a mixtape. (This only really applies if you're favorite artist is a rapper or such). If you are using websites to download this music for free then you are literally breaking the law. Would you like to see you're favorite artist go downhill, only to result in them not making any more music for the fans that actually pay? If you use apps on your phone like iTube, where you use a Youtube search engine and put the songs into a playlist, (not officially downloading them), then fair enough. But if you are keeping the songs as like you're skipping paying for the price that is charged then that't not right. Besides, it's not like you're paying extreme amounts of money

• How are people suppose to make a living ??

How are your favorite artists suppose to make a living , it is unfair that artists and bands have to lose money just because someone cant be bothered to pay £1 for a song . Yes i know it is a argument that back then you could do anything with music but it is now the 21st century we are more concerned of what people do theses days , to help people not get hurt financial wise .
    How would you feel if you earned a lot of money and someone took it , that is exactly what you are doing to musicians, weather they make a lot of money or not its wrong !!

• It's not just about the artist and music isn't free on youtube.

Music should not be free. There are so many more factors than simply the artist makes the music and they should do it for free. Within the music industry there are a variety of different jobs that need to be paid wages. Everyone from the artists right down to the guy who swept the floors in the recording studio. These people have a skill, that skill is their job, and they suffer for it because people don't pay for music so studios start to close down. The studios then don't employ as many engineers so the engineers stop earning an income. People start to lose their jobs in the record label too. People suffer because music is being stolen via downloads. YouTube also isn't actually free. YouTube pays a PRS license which is designed so that Artists and labels can receive money for royalties.

People should not work for free!

• Downloading music for free should be illegal

How would you like it if you didn't get paid for the long, hard hours you work? If free music downloading carries on there will be no new music because nobody wants a job where they don't get paid? PAY FOR THE MUSIC YOU LAZY PEOPLE OR YOU WILL GET NO MUSIC AT ALL, DISGUSTING

• Unfortunately, no it shouldn't be legal, like most things aren't legally free.

I understand everyone wants to get their music for free, no hassle and no cost. The same way I would also love to get my food for free, and my house for free and everything else for free. But that world would fall apart in minutes if that's how it really was. Someone has put their time into making this music, providing a service which you cannot recreate yourself. For your own recreation you should pay for it, like you would pay to go to a live concert. If they don't get money from making music, they won't make it. Or at least, they won't make as much of it because they'll be in some 9-5 job trying to make a living .
    I do agree, however, that music is so expensive to buy and when it is so easy to download for free, why wouldn't you. But that doesn't make it right. I think the system needs to change in how music is bought, but the bottom line is I think that it should be bought, not taken.

Posted by: H123
  • Music downloading should not be legal.

Many people are saying that it's the same thing as watching it on YouTube or listening to it on the radio. The difference is, downloading music is illegal. People are required to pay for their music, and whether or not people do it anyway, it is against the law. Those in the music industry not only lose money but they lose their jobs too.

• Stream the stuff!

I guess we have to consider the streaming option. Most of the artists today stream their music online. If you want to own the mp3, wavs, hard copies ecc. Of course you have to pay! Downloading music is stealing, it's not a question of how rich the artist is, or how old school the music industry is. If you are in for mainstream music and you want to download it illegally you are doing a very contradictory practice: appreciating the "system"'s products and pretending to be against it's own mechanism just because you feel greedy. But isn't streaming enough now that Internet is everywhere?
    To download illegally a small artist stuff it's just being mean to him.

• Something I have to say

Not all artists are rich, all people ever heard about are people such as Justin and Miley. Agreed these people are so rich, they have money that could last them probably a century but there are too many struggling artists out there. Perhaps they produce just as equally good music yet maybe they don't sell as many copies of their albums. Its simple, downloading music should most definitely not be legal because you want to support both the rich and famous as well as the poor and struggling.

esap says2013-08-26T23:43:35.317
Diddle
TheInterlang says2013-10-07T01:42:02.810
Should be: Free downloads. There is nothing wrong with iTunes.