• Dress Codes Should Be Strictly Enforced

People have the right to choose what to put on their bodies. Dress codes in school settings promote the safety of students by ensuring that appropriate body parts are covered up. Enforcing dress codes is necessary because it ensures that students are more focused on learning rather than each others' bodies.

• Yes, I think school dress codes should be strictly enforced.

Yes, I think school dress codes should be strictly enforced. It is important for students to have limits on the way they dress. They need to dress modestly and not wear offensive or violent images or text. Letting them wear absolutely anything that they want to wear would be ridiculous.

• Yes, otherwise there is no point to having them.

Yes, dress codes should be strictly enforced, otherwise there is no point to having a dress code at all. If there is a dress code that is not strictly enforced, the people who follow it willingly will resent the people who do not follow it. A dress code can make a workplace or school more comfortable, and a business looks more professional to the outside.

Yes, dress codes should be strictly enforced, otherwise there is little point for a dress code in the first place. If a dress code is not to be enforced, then feelings of comraderie and oneness that arise from having a dress code fall by the wayside. Therefore, dress codes should be strictly enforced.

• Schools with dress codes should enforce them

Personally, I think that dress codes a great thing, but would prefer to see students in uniforms. For those schools with dress codes, they should be strictly enforced or they shouldn't exist at all. This is teaching students about rules and authority. The last thing we need is for children to learn that rules are arbitrary. This lasseiz-faire enforcement of rules makes people indifferent to the rules, good, bad or unconstitutional. If they aren't enforced then why do they matter?

• Face it its stupid

All the things the dress codes enforce are things you see everyday. No one is truly distracted by what the dress code bans. What is wrong with trying to feel comfortable? What is wrong with showing legs or shoulders? Also what parent will let their kid buy or wear something that is truly distracting? What kid would go to school with their butt hanging out of their shorts. 1/2 of its no even enforced. Also I want to know how's it fair I end up in pants on a 90 degree day while others can wear shorts. Sorry I was born with long legs and have only 3 pairs of short and 3 dress/skirts . I cant wear 1/2 of my clothes that I would wear in public. Why cant wear clothes my mom or dad says is okay. Both of them will make me change if it would be to distracting.

• No, dress codes should not be strictly enforced.

Dress Codes often provide very little benefit when they are strictly enforced. Schools and other events tend to go too extreme when they are coming up with a dress code to enforce. There is no reason someone should not be able to wear a hat that says the same brand name as the shirt they are wearing.

• No, they shouldn't.

I don't think dress codes should be strictly enforced. I don't often think that dress codes should be enforced at all. If you need some cohesiveness so people know what company you work for, that is one thing, but it's another when you don't let people in a place unless they are wearing clothes that are up to a certain standard.

• They should be enforced to a certain extent, but not as much as they are.

I am a middle school student and I agree their should be a dress code and I understand why there is one but it shouldn't be as strict as it is. To make this short we had a small class debate on this, more specifically pajamas, and my teacher says "Students shouldn't be allowed to wear pj's to school because we as teachers are trying to prepare you for real life and the adult world. And in the adult world you arnt going to be wearing pajamas in public." I counter this point by saying" We are always expected to act like adults but not many people treat us that way. About 3 years ago when you were our age did you want all this pressure put on you and/or did you enjoy the pressure being put on you to act like an adult?" She replies to this as"No." Then I say" Then why are you putting this pressure on us that you were never wanted to be and what we don't want to be?" She says"Lets get back to the task at hand." and the debate ends there. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I have a point.

• Not STRICTLY enforced.

As a middle school student I understand why we need a dress code and why it is healthy, but the dress code can be a bit much at times. Middle School is a time of finding who you are and finding a way to express that. We had a class debate about this and why we cant wear pajamas and tank-tops to school.
    My teacher says "We as teachers are trying to prepare to be adults and how to handle the real world and in the real world you aren`t going to be wearing pajamas unless you need to run out to Walmart at 3 in the morning."
    Then I go "Ya, but people are expecting us to act like adults, and we do to a certain extent, but not everybody treats us like adults. When you were in middle school did you really want to be told what you had to do 24/7 and have to act like an adult?"
    She answers"No"
    Then I respond "Assuming most of the other teachers feel the same way as you, then why are you putting all this pressure on us to preform like adults?"
    She replies "We have gotten off topic. Lets get back to the task at hand."
    Tell me if I am wrong but I believe I have a valid point.