Should drug addicted people be allowed to have children and receive benefits such as welfare, or is it neglect?

• If you are a heroin addict not only should you not receive benefits but you should not be able to raise children

If you are a heroin addict or on a methadone program you cannot be a good role model or parent. I do not doubt that you may love your child but that child's life is worth more than your feeling are. I would go as far as to say that a child whose parents are addicted to methadone are being neglected emotionally, and being deprived of a normal childhood. If someone comes in to the welfare office with several children and says they cant pay rent and there's no food and they are addicted to drugs all to often we help them which hurts the child. We should place the child with parents who are responsible enough not to endanger their welfare.