Should drug overdose victims be allowed to call 911 without fear of legal repercussions?

• I went to school high and got the needed help because I did not know that I could go through the police

I went to school high, trying to get help for my friend that was also high because she was suicidal. I am a senior and I know that I have options, however, in my drug-induced state, I was more comfortable going to school because I did not know the police were a suitable option. I wish I had known because honestly, I have never received a late pass and now as a senior with 17 days left of school I have been suspended for ten.... Please understand that yes,,,drugs are a choice...But overdosing for me was not. I regret it and everything else, but I have learned to look at things from a different point of view. I recommend getting off your "high horse" and thinking from a "what if" perspective. To me, this law is all about looking at overdosing from a preventative view.

• Yes, Drug overdose victims should be allowed to call 911 without worrying about legal repercussions.

Someone who is overdosing on a drug should not have to worry about whether or not they will be taken to jail because of their overdose. If this was a punishable offense, it would get in the way of accidental overdose treatments to legal drugs as well. The argument here is that the cons of trying to prevent the use of tax dollars to help people overdosing on illegal drugs is much more costly for those that need immediate help, that it is for the tax paying public.

• To an extent, yes

If some idiot buys a small dose of drugs, takes it all and needs medical attention, yes, they should be able to without fear of getting thrown in jail for it. That's the extent of it though, if a drug dealer OD's on their own stash and when the EMTs show up they find a case with 500 ecstasy tabs in it next to them, you can't waive that.

• To an extent, yes

• Yes, they should have the FEAR of legal repercussions

Whether they need medical help or not, they are committing a criminal offence. They should be wary of legal repercussions all the time but I do not think that the law should ALWAYS condemn them. I think that, unless it is for a very serious charge, they should have the right but still be wary of government intervention but for those that overdose massively they should have the full extent of the law brought down on them, as they deserve. However, I think that those who sold them the drugs should face a greater punishment as the drug users cannot stop once they have begun.