Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be read his Miranda rights?

• Yes, he should be.

Yes, I think that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be read his Miranda rights. I haven't been following the news extremely closely (mainly because it's hard to know what's true versus what isn't), but if I read right, he's a United States citizen (but his brother wasn't). I believe that he has a right to be read his Miranda rights, despite the awful thing that he is accused of doing.

• Every suspect deserves these rights.

Miranda rights exist as basic conditions that each person deserves, no matter what crime they may have committed. They should absolutely never be denied to a person. Ensuring the judicial process is fair is a fundamental aspect of human rights, and reading a suspect their Miranda rights is one way that we can do that. You don't get to waive it for crimes above a certain level of severity.

• Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be read his Miranda rights.

Yes, I believe that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be read his Miranda rights. This is one of the rights spelled out in the United States Constitution. We can't just arbitrarily decide who gets protection under the Constitution and who doesn't. He is a naturalized U.S. Citizen so the Constitution applies to him. Also, if he is not read his rights, it could make it hard to prosecute him if he goes to court.

• By all means, yes.

First, I pity the lawyer whom has to take this case. He will be a much hated man, but it is his job. Second, I don't think this boy should have any rights, he gave them up when he planted the first bomb. However, we live in America, and in America, we are given rights until we are found guilty. If he is not read his rights before questioning, the lawyer can possibly have anything said thrown out.