Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have the right to remain silent?

• Yes, he is a U.S. citizen.

As a U.S. Citizen, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has the right to remain silent, just as every citizen does. We would hope to understand his motives, and it is incredibly frustrating to not have him answer questions, but it is his right to not do so, and if we jeopardize that right for him, we jeopardize it for ourselves.

• Yes, he IS a citizen of America, and he can have his Miranda Rights.

Even though he did a horrible thing, he still has the right that the US bestows upon every citizen. If he does not have the right to remain silent, this could galvanize a new era of unfair trails in the United States of America.If other criminals can have this right, its only equal and fair, a concept that Americans live by, that he also recieves this right. Are we really that unfair that we have forgotten what we satrted from???????

• I do believe he is an American citizen and he still has rights.

Don't get me wrong; what he allegedly did was horrific and he does not deserve to see the light of day. However, he still has rights and if those rights are violated, it could damage the case. He has a right to an attorney, but I feel for the man defending him. This should be an interesting case. He has the right to remain silent, but I think he needs to take responsibilty for his actions.

• Absolutely yes, he should.

Dzhokhar deserves the same rights as anyone who is arrested. Why should he be treated any differently than anyone else? A violent cannibalistic serial killer would be read his rights. A drunk driver who kills a bus full of children with his car would be read his rights. Everyone in America has basic rights. To deny someone those rights is downright un-American.