• It is vital to the country's economic growth to have an educated population.

It is widely known that expanding and successful business want to be located where the population can provide the labor force to produce their product. An educated labor force will also be consumers within the community and contribute to the tax base. Without a free and public education, the business sector and the military do not have individuals with the basic skills to support economic growth and to defend the country.

• Education should not be compulsory.

As a student myself, I hate school most of the time. I think making students go to school is wrong on so many levels. It makes us kids feel like we take no part in society. The reason for this is because adults in this country have the freedom to have a job or not. It makes us feel like we don't have the freedom to be what we want to pursue, nor the freedom to have the chance to find out other things that we are interested in other than school or education. We aren't given the right to be who we want, we are told and pressured to be what other people want us to be. For example, if you are a kid or once was, you probably have been told this, " Do you want to be a loser?" Me myself have been told this more than I can count, considering the fact that I become extremely unmotivated because of the drama that goes on at school such as bullying. Another reason why education should not be compulsory is because at school you aren't allowed to be yourself, and when you usually are, people make fun of you. The people who act normal are the ones that aren't bullied. Because of school many lives have been broken, including myself. Not only at school but at home. My home life has been destroyed because me parents expect me to have all A's and B's. When I don't meet this expectation, they begin to deny me, like if I'm not good enough. Another reason why education should not be compulsory is because when kids are forced to go to school, most likely they aren't going to want to go. We don't see school as a privilege, we see it as a punishment. For you adults, it's exactly like having a job that you dread but you can't get fired or quit. Coming back to the part when I said that when education is forced we most likely don't want to go, most kids are rebels, or at least at my school that's true. At least in every class there is that one kid who wreaks major havoc. Not only does this cause a disruption in their lives by getting in trouble, but it disrupts the entire class especially the students that actually want to learn. In conclusion, education should not be compulsory because if it doesn't ruin every student's life, it simply ruins at least one.

• School should be compulsory

School is very important for our life. They give us education. School is compulsory for us because really it helps us and they give me knowledge. I’m agree to school because they all lesson is not same they all are different so why it’s boring. In case school have all lessons is same then school is boring but they all are different not same. School is no hard this is very easy. If your child not goes to school they can’t your outside because they have no knowledge.

• Education should not be forced on students

By forcing a child to attend school it will not only affect those who really want to study but it will also demovativate them.For example if a child is interested in singing but is forced to pursue his higher education, he may lose the chance to be a good singer.Children should be allowed to take their own decision for the future.A forced decision always works to the detriment of the child

• Ypo mummas chesthair

L o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o ll o l

• Ypo mummas chesthair

• Ypo mummas chesthair

• Depends on circumstance but most students should be required to attend school till' graduation.

I believe that school should not be compulsory through age 18 or high school graduation due to the circumstances. If a student is eligible to be successful and can prove that they will be straight out of school then they should be able to be given the option to opt out of school or not. Otherwise, if a student doesn't want to be in school because they don't agree with the schedule/assignments/ and standards then they should not be able to have the option to drop out of school or stop attending school before the graduation date assigned for that student. What kind of America would we have if all of the students dropped out of school, if not all the majority would. I know that In 10 years I would appreciate if all of my fellow Americans attended school and graduated.

• Like it or not.

Whether we like it or not, we all need education. Education helps those in the future because of the way our society is going, which is you have an F in math you don’t get the job. We all need some way to make income but without education we’re are screwed in the long run. However, there is one thing that is nice about education that anyone can be happy for and that is anyone at anytime can go to school. It doesn’t matter if you're in preschool or a senior in college, education can still be accessed at anytime from anyone to anyone.

• Students are overwhelmed

The inability to drop out of school during middle school leaves many students in a tough spot. Those who are overwhelmed with bullies or stress have no way out. Many schools emphasize the importance of reporting bullies but take little action against it. Many of these kids come from families that don't care about the kid or his or hers education. Many of these kids commit suicide as my nephew did. The school system left no choice for him. The homework is unbearable. Teachers never follow school or state issued laws concerning homework leaving the students under pressure. They expect you to do homework, have 2+ extracurricular activities, be active, have a social life, and be fine and dandy for the next day of drilling info into your head, reciting dates and facts, then forgetting it after the next test. Thank you.

• Education is an opportunity, not a force.

Education is the key to success, but what if no one wants that key. Maybe they could've just stole the key because education doesn't really matter to most people. A lot of great people in our society have never went to school, but are still intelligent. Stereotypes and prejudice is a weapon that kills dreams. So, education shouldn't be compulsory.

• Cumpulsory education demotivates students

An education is an opportunity and a gift. Unfortunately, when kids don't want to be there and are forced, they feel that they are doing the teacher an or society a favor by showing up and breathing. They disrupt class, vandalize school property and steal opportunities fro other students who are actually there to learn. … Let those students go to the school of hard knocks first. Then they can show up to class to learn.

• School interupts a student's main interests

I've observed that even the most enthusiastic of learners hate going to school almost every day. While learning is healthy and should be encouraged, forcing it through a compulsory institution only creates more stress for the student and takes away from time the student could use to build social relations, involve themselves with the arts-or be more creative in any general sense-or even learn ahead of their standard through libraries and the internet. We have so much potential-students have so many ways they could get smarter outside of the constant classroon enviornment. While school should be there to provide extra resources and tools for education for most students who are curious and want to learn more about certain subjects, school should not get in the way of a student's own interets and passions.

• Compulsiry school is antithetical to individual freedom

Compulsory education misguided. It leads to government control of curriculums, and usurps personal freedoms. Our society is represented as a democracy that values individual differences, but public schools are usually run as strict hierarchies in which students are taught to obey and conform, rather than self govern and evolve. Schools have also come to be seen as economic drivers. Yet they do a poor job of creating truly self sufficient, creative people. I dont understand why more people aren't outraged by the concept of compulsory education. It has actually been declared a human right But any basic concept of human rights is based on freedom. Requirements can't also be rights. I have the right to worship my own god, but I am not required to worship. I should have the right to be educated, and it may be in the interest of our country to help us be educated, but I should not be required to spend my entire childhood following a state defined curriculum.

• It's your life.

Forced education is just WRONG in every way. It doesn't matter if you can also choose to be home schooled or private schooled in addition to public school it's just wrong to force someone to be educated. It's goes against capitalism which America is supposed to be ALL about. In capitalism you can choose the job, products, and services you want or not choose them at all so why isn't it the same for education? Why is this service being forced on us in a capitalist society where we should get to choose it?

• We don't do jobs we don't want. Why should kids?

The kids that want to get a nice job and want to work for it will, and the others will just slack off and distract and wreak havoc. Forcing them to go to school won't even have an affect if they choose not to go to college. We're wasting money on kids that don't even want to be at school. Let them do what they want. Let the kids with goals to be something big get there. We have our choice of whether or not we want to work, and for our own good, we do it. If we want kids to figure themselves out, we have to let them make choices. They will make mistakes, and parents are there to help fix them, but its the kids future we're talking about. Not the parents. If he doesn't want school, so be it. Maybe he'll realize his mistake, but let him decide first.

• People who don't like school are going to mess around anyway

I believe that people who don't want to be there wont learn. They will end up getting them in trouble which could be avoided if they didn't want to go. The pupils will end up skiving and missing classes, then no one would know where they are and that could worry the parents.

• Disregards Mental Conditions

I personally suffer from anxiety issues. Compulsory high school education is a horrendous concept that intrudes on this, throwing me into panic attacks. Especially whenever there are careers, such as authorship and artistry, which require absolutely no certificate of education. It's painful to be overworked and have an anxiety attack over something that I will not require in my later life.

• They affect the others who want to learn.

As a teacher, I disagree with this statement. Education should not be forced on those who don't want to be there. The presence of those students in the classroom negatively affects the learning of the others who want to be there. It changes (in a negative way) the entire classroom dynamic. I wonder if those people who voted "yes" have ever taught in a classroom with 25+ children, several of whom would rather play around than learn. They would quickly see what a distracting environment it creates and how much it hurts those who want to learn.