• Yes, they should!

Kids should because they can use it for academic help, or school.

Kids can also contact a adult when needed. For example, an emergency like being threatened, a stranger asking for your child to get in his/her car, ect.

All kids over the age of 10 should have a phone.

• The children are always watched by their parents

I believe that the children should not have a cell phone, may you think that it is important for the children because nowadays there a lot of criminal guy so by phone it will help cause the children may call somebody to help them. But, you guy have to understand that the children is always watched by their parents. The children are always with their parents, so why are they need a cell phone?

• It is just obvious.

We are living in a world of spontaneous evil and danger that with every moment and chance one could get into leading the innocent, most children, to manipulate them in any way.
    As always there can be limits, but when it comes to safety, a phone is best. Unless there is a better alternative?
    I will be very surpised if someone was to object to this but I using common sense I know there will be someone at least..

• Yes and no

I believe that they should have cell phones, basic ones that can call and text. Children with smart phones is a bad idea... If they had smart phones they would interact less with their peers, leading to poor social skills that are needed in the future. A basic phone with no internet would be good for them incise of an emergency or if they have to contact a parent or guardian.

• It is very helpful

Elementary kids should have phones. The older kids of the group are starting to become more mature and engage in more activities. If a kid wants to go to a last minute sport event or club then that kid can just call home instead of having to walk/ take the bus home first. Also kids in elementary are becoming way more social. With phones there are soma dangers but it would help them connect easier. If you wanted to have a sleep over with a mile away what is easier calling/texting him that afternoon or to wait till school starts?

• They should, but certain ages need restriction.

Anyone mature enough (and prices isn't a problem) should own a phone. Students lives are ever changing, if theres a problem related to going somewhere or anything else phones are good in that case. Remember cell phones are different from smartphones, and kids under fifth grade should not have a smartphone.

• Yes or no

I would want children to have a mobile phone, If the situation out there can let parents know quickly or you have something you can not face taiking ,you can easy to understand on your phone.

Information developed,a lot of things can get a lot of information through cellphone, I think it can expand children’s world and become a part of learning.

If children overindulgence phone or the web, I'd advise the parents to cancel internet phone service,but will not confiscate phone, I think the real significance of the phone is quickly transfer current message and expanding worldview.

• Just in some cases

Kids 10-12 should have basic call-and-text phones to contact parents but won't be distracted only after 12 should children be provided with "smart" phones. I didn't have a phone till I was 12 and it was a flip phone.I finally got a "smart" phone when I was 14. IIt's crazy how 7 year olds have iPhone 6's and I STILL have a Samsung Galaxy s2. I honestly think its horrible parenting and your just teaching them to be selfish, and feel like they can get anything they ask.

• Yes-and it doesn't have to be an iPhone, either.

We live in a world that is run by technology.
    If a child is in an situation (ex. Someone is hurt, the child is lost, the bus broke down) where he doesn't have access to a telephone and needs to contact someone for assistance/to inform them on the situation, a cellphone is best for communication purposes.

For younger children, I'd advise the parents to wait until the child cannot be supervised or is responsible enough, and to not purchase an expensive phone such as the iPhone. There are modern phones that serve only their original purpose-to call or text people, and perhaps to email someone, and they are much cheaper. Furthermore, the child won't feel the urge to be on it 24/7.

So, I believe they should, when they're old enough: I am a 13 year old girl, and I got my first phone from my grandparents 2 years ago at Christmas (I was 11 at the time). If you're truly worried that your child(ren) will become addicted to their cellphone, just buy them a simple cellphone such as the Nokia Brick.

• Just Give Them a Nokia Brick

Evidently, having a cell phone is a good idea, because it would help contact parents in case of an emergency, etc. Equally obviously, you should not give them the latest smartphone complete with all the most addictive games on the market, because it would make the phone not a tool for communication, but one for gaming.
    A Nokia Brick is one of the few solutions that satisfies both arguments - it can allow for communication (e.G. Calls, texts) but doesn't have Flappy Birds or Geometry Dash to keep them "entertained" in class time.

- YoshiBoy13

• Unnecessary and Stupid

People always cry "The world is a dangerous place!!". Yeah. It is. But kids don't need a phone to help them in an emergency. The world isn't any more dangerous now than it was before cellphones were commonly used. Teach a kid to run away screaming if a supposed pedo tries to lure them into the car (most children are sexually abused by close family members btw, so a phone wouldn't help)

We live in a world where kids are obsessed with getting the new iphone amongst other things. They should focus on playing outside and interacting with kids rather than playing on their phones. Get them a phone when they reach middle school- then it would be more necessary.

• No they should not

I think that they would be irresponsible with it, possibly loose it or break it. Also they could have a hard time learning how to use it. It could be a distraction during class, because smaller children have shorter attention spans. Lastly they could have bad social skills when they get older because they may not interact with other kids and play games on there phone instead. I don't think kids should have cell phones until they are in middle school.

• Just in some cases

• Not at all.

Nowadays you see many elementary school kids walking around with their I-phone 6. Now can someone please explain to me why a third grader needs a phone as advanced as the I-phone? From the way I see it, the only reason elementary school kids need a phone is if they need to call their parents in case of emergency.

• It will worsen the state of social interaction

Kids have so much free time on their hands, and should be using it for playing outside with friends and getting exercise. They have plenty of time for inactivity sitting in an office as an adult, and I have not seen one kid get any sort of smartphone or tablet and not get addicted to it. If you really want your kid to have a phone, get a boring old flip phone.

• It's a horrible idea

The obvious drawback to giving young children a phone is that it will irreversibly turn them into empty vessels at an early age. Instead of seeing human interaction as their first way to have fun, they'll see a screen. This causes an empty feeling inside after a while; humans need social interaction. Many people on the left are saying it's needed for safety, which is quite stupid. For one, most elementary kids are watched over by their parents, so it's not as if there won't be a phone around for them in the case of an emergency. Secondly, the empty vessel thing stated above, when started at an early age, would probably increase the suicide rate. So much for increased safety.

• They don't need it at the age they are at

Elementary kids are young and don't need phones. There are always adults around and kids don't need phones if they aren't staying after school or being independent. They will never need a phone at that age and if they do they should not be using it in school. I am in eighth grade and I don't even have a phone. I didn't grow up with a phone and over half the people in this world today did not grow up with phones and they are fine. Phones will only be a distraction and one more thing the teachers have to deal with. Say no to phones and young kids!

• I don't think so

I recognize that for kids who are active in sports and clubs it may be helpful but i don't think it is necessary. In elementary school a child has a strict schedule and a trusted adult should be supervising them to some extent at all times. I also feel that most kids in elementary school are not mature enough to handle the responsibility of a phone.

BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T12:09:58.973
No they should be safe in school and be picked up by a parent